Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 NFL Draft -- April 27th to April 29

NFLfan

5 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Bleacher Report projected him to be a 6th or 7th rounder.

He's too athletic and too toolsy to be 6-7th rounder. I felt like 4thround is about right spot. You will need to get him stronger and coach him up, but he has the athletic tools to be a good player. 

• Like 1

Serious question:

What is the reasoning behind acquiring 7 round picks in favor of drafting players earlier? Some GMs seem to love 7th Round pick. I get that sometimes it is done to acquire more picks. At which point is too many 7th rounders no longer useful.

Congrats on the new Colts picks. That last one is a typical Ballard pick. I like it.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, chad72 said:

Can’t hurt to draft Jalin Hyatt at No.79 to be honest, even if Hyatt is a one trick pony but a good one at that.

But my bet is on Adetomiwa…. bwahaha…only because of my contest entries 

But I’m afraid me removing Blake Freeland from Round 3 on my 3rd entry in my draft contest in favor of Hendon Hooker is going to cost me???

Hey @stitches and @TomDiggs told ya yesterday about Adetomiwa lol :) 

Just mad about leaving out Blake Freeland :( with my 3rd entry

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Serious question:

What is the reasoning behind acquiring 7 round picks in favor of drafting players earlier? Some GMs seem to love 7th Round pick. I get that sometimes it is done to acquire more picks. At which point is too many 7th rounders no longer useful.

Congrats on the new Colts picks. That last one is a typical Ballard pick. I like it.

late picks serve as more of ... making sure you don't have to fight with other teams for to sign them as UDFAs... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, TomDiggs said:

Holy hell Ballard is killing it. 

Adebawore is another total freak and great at setting the edge. Underrated pass rusher and another absolute RAS monster. 

was seen as a possible second rounder in pre draft stuff. 

He is doing a great job. This is a player I thought he might draft. @Defjamz26 predicted that.

• Like 2

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Hicks just said he was good enough to take at 35.

Again... IMO he's athletic enough... he was athletic enough to be top 5... not sure he's polished enough to be taken at 35. But he hits all the Ballard marks - not tall but super long arms... and really explosive and fast... a true freak. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Bleacher Report projected him to be a 6th or 7th rounder.

I wasn't in love with Bleacher's big board, so I wouldn't put too much stock into that.

Just now, PRnum1 said:

DT a huge need. Stewart on last year of his contract 

Way different type of DT. Hes much more of a big DE that can kick inside than a 0 tech like Grover.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, stitches said:

late picks serve as more of ... making sure you don't have to fight with other teams for to sign them as UDFAs... 

I remember when Rick Spielman, our former GM who I liked a lot, used to love 7th round picks. He used to frustrate us. One year, he had the chance to draft George Kittle and Desmond King but traded down. We usually had 10-12 picks every year.

(Merged)

I wanted this guy Phillips. :Cry:

• Like 1

I wonder what is their plan for him. He played from variety of alignments in college... from the 5tech, 3 tech, outside the tackle... I wonder if they are going to try to slim him down a bit and put him at DE? Or is 3T better spot for him... ? 

• Like 2

Just now, stitches said:

I wonder what is their plan for him. He played from variety of alignments in college... from the 5tech, 3 tech, outside the tackle... I wonder if they are going to try to slim him down a bit and put him at DE? Or is 3T better spot for him... ? 

They announced him as a DT, so I'm thinking more 3T that they'll kick outside?

• Like 2

Just now, Shive said:

Would have loved to have gotten Zavala. Hopefully Voorhees falls to the 5th where we can get him...

Unfortunately Vorhees is going to be red shirted with his injury. I guess with this many picks we can invest one of them for a talented player for the future rather than for this year... 

• Like 2

I'm a Ballard supporter, but I have to say that he is making the exact same mistake with the o line that he made last year. Not very encouraged that either our rookie qb or minshew will be running for their lives.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stitches said:

I could see him being our future tyquan Lewis. 

a guy you can play on edge but also a great interior pass rush guy in a nascar package. 

• Like 2