Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts sign DT Taven Bryan

CR91

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Depth always need it.  The Colts d-line really struggled when Grover and Buckner came out last year.

yeah, our starting 4 really did well last year when you look at the numbers. 

it's the plays where that second wave came in where we had no pass rush

also end in game scenarios, no pass rush, because starters were exhausted. 

And so in reality, all a team had to do was wear us down for Q4 to finish the game (which is what ended up happening)

1 minute ago, stitches said:

He was a raw but HIGHLY athletic interior lineman coming out of college. I guess he didn't develop as well as people thought he might. I think he was drafted late 1st or early second round... 

good depth

He rated around 80th or so best in terms of PFF for non-edge DLs

93 overall, 85th against the run, 79th in pass rush

So basically he grades out as a middle of the pack or low end DT3.

He rates really close to and right around Shy Tuttle who just got 3 years and $19.5M from the Saints and Larry Ogunjobi who just got 3 years and $28.8M from Pitt

Not a world beater, but a decent value for a backup interior guy to rotate in 

I was a fan of him coming into the NFL. He showed a lot of quickness in the middle, and some of that was because of his build type. He was sort of a tweener… But that slimmer DT has been successful in the NFL over the past several years. 

Bottom line, he has not lived up to where he was drafted… He went at the end of the first round, which is about where I had him going. Hopefully he finds success with the Colts. Sometimes a player just needs to find the right system for them. I think he could do well here. 

20 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

I was a fan of him coming into the NFL. He showed a lot of quickness in the middle, and some of that was because of his build type. He was sort of a tweener… But that slimmer DT has been successful in the NFL over the past several years. 

Bottom line, he has not lived up to where he was drafted… He went at the end of the first round, which is about where I had him going. Hopefully he finds success with the Colts. Sometimes a player just needs to find the right system for them. I think he could do well here. 

Hopefully he came here on this one year deal because of Gus's aggressive front 4 style, thinking it should be good for him. GL TB!

That $4.5m figure he’s getting is pretty good money for a backup 3-tech.   Hmmm?    The Colts have often paid backup DL roughly half that. 

Dayo is a backup 3-tech.   So is Tyquan.   Makes me wonder if the Colts might still do something with Buckner?   Not predicting, but certainly curious.

7 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

I think he was with Gus when Jax drafted him. I think Gus was the HC

7 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

That $4.5m figure he’s getting is pretty good money for a backup 3-tech.   Hmmm?    The Colts have often paid backup DL roughly half that. 

Dayo is a backup 3-tech.   So is Tyquan.   Makes me wonder if the Colts might still do something with Buckner?   Not predicting, but certainly curious.

Maybe the idea is to move Buck more outside, but I can see a trade too.

55 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

I like that its a make or break year for him. If he is hungry to prove him self now is his time to do it.

2 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

Depth players are nice but it would be cool to see us sign an impact player.  Like a certain guard from Philly……or maybe a good wr.Just saying.

If you're looking for impact players via free agency...you're rooting for the wrong team.

2 hours ago, AustinnKaine said:

yeah, our starting 4 really did well last year when you look at the numbers. 

it's the plays where that second wave came in where we had no pass rush

also end in game scenarios, no pass rush, because starters were exhausted. 

And so in reality, all a team had to do was wear us down for Q4 to finish the game (which is what ended up happening)

good depth

Yea once those injuries piled on , it was hard to keep a solid depth rotation.

I DON'T GET THIS. LEWIS MAY BE INJURED A LOT, BUT WHEN HE PLAYS HE'S LIGHT YEARS BETTER, AND HE'LL MAKE HALF OF WHAT HE'S MAKING.  i WATCHED HIM WITH THE jAGS EVERY GAME, HE WAS FLAT OUT HORRIBLE. iN FACT, HE ALMOST GOT CUT AFTER YEAR 1. FOR 4.5 MILLION, WE COULD HAVE FISHED IN A DIFFERRENT POND..

4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

doubt it. depth signing. 

1 minute ago, ColtJax said:

I don't get this, Lewis may be injured a lot, but he's light yeaRS BETTER THAN HIM. i WATCHED HIM WITH THE jAGS EVERY GAME, HE WAS FLAT OUT HORRIBLE. iN FACT, HE ALMOST GOT CUT AFTER YEAR 1. fOR 4.5 MILLION, WE COULD HAVE FISHED IN A DIFFERRENT POND..

you do get it...

lewis has been injured a lot.

2 minutes ago, ColtJax said:

I don't get this, Lewis may be injured a lot, but he's light yeaRS BETTER THAN HIM. i WATCHED HIM WITH THE jAGS EVERY GAME, HE WAS FLAT OUT HORRIBLE. iN FACT, HE ALMOST GOT CUT AFTER YEAR 1. fOR 4.5 MILLION, WE COULD HAVE FISHED IN A DIFFERRENT POND..

Just because a player was signed doesn't mean he makes the final roster.  

5 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I'm wondering who might want Buckner. He would upgrade most contenders.

Seattle is rich in picks. 20-37-52

37 might get him. it would put us in VG position for a trade back for sure.

Archived