Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Updated: Colts hire Shane Steichen as their new HC (Merged)

CR91

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Apparently you don’t know the story even though it’s more than 3 years old and has been told here before.  

Shefter wasn’t working that day.  He was at a family wedding when he got the tip.   He had no idea the Colts were even playing when he made the post.  Though he likely still would’ve made the post anyway, because that’s his job.   He’s literally paid a small fortune to do two things.   

1.   Be right. 
2.   Be first.

That’s it.   If it’s not him, it’s someone else like Rappaport or somebody else.   It’s very, very competitive.  

To be clear, I’m not asking you to like it, I’m only saying this is the world we all live in.  The NFL is big business and top reporters are paid very well to cover it. 

Don't understand why so many don't understand this. He is just doing his job. 

12 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

He’s literally paid a small fortune to do two things.   

1.   Be right. 
2.   Be first.

That’s it.   If it’s not him, it’s someone else like Rappaport or somebody else.   It’s very, very competitive.  

That doesnt make it right at all. They are all in the wrong for being like that.  What he did was bad for Luck, the team, and fans too.

Being first is only good for the reporters yet bad for everyone else.  Idk about you but i dont dream of a society where the reporters won and everyone else lost.  The way they run things can be bad for us all (besides them)

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

All week it's we can't wait. 

And when something is announced let's complain about that. Jeez, always something. 

Are you talking about me? Because I was one of the few that was patient all week and honestly wasn't expecting breaking news today... 

25 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

That doesnt make it right at all. They are all in the wrong for being like that.  What he did was bad for Luck, the team, and fans too.

Being first is only good for the reporters yet bad for everyone else.  Idk about you but i dont dream of a society where the reporters won and everyone else lost.  The way they run things can be bad for us all (besides them)

I understand you not liking it.   

I should add that this is not unique to the NFL, it happens this way in all popular sports. 

But it also is the same in all walks of life.  Politics, entertainment, business, you name it.   It’s everywhere in todays society.   Like I said, it’s the world we all live in. 

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

This coaching search has been nothing more than a soap opera worthy of competing directly with the creators of General Hospital.

So after having offensive production problems, we are going to hire the OC for one of the SB teams...the OC who actually calls the plays.   Golly, some of us figured this a long time ago.

The process spawned a bunch of click bait tweets on the internet from NFL media types, and a 135 page thread on this forum.  And after that dust settles, we hire the guy who we all thought would be hired based upon the typical NFL criteria for hiring HCs.  The entire "thorough process" looks like a pony show.

If he's the right guy at the right time, and I think he is, that's fine.   The whole process has just been kind of funny in its irrelevance, IMO.

The process is 100% relevant. Right out of central casting, managed by a Master Publicist. All the damning already written articles about us not hiring the right profile are buried in with oh yeah the SB Headline stories and days of follow-up stories.

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

I understand you not liking it.   

I should add that this is not unique to the NFL, it happens this way in all popular sports. 

But it also is the same in all walks of life.  Politics, entertainment, business, you name it.   It’s everywhere in todays society.  
like I said, it’s the world we all live in. 

Welcome to the media driven world. Way too much is released without verification.  Sad.

Nice. Most HC's end up being bad, but hopefully not this guy! It is nice we get the chance to pair one of the new school QBs with a guy who has built an offense around them succesfully recently. I do like that a lot. If we keep Gus Bradley and Bubba, and this guy is a better leader than Frank, we might be looking good coaching wise. We'll see though.

15 minutes ago, stitches said:

How Shane Steichen won over Jim Irsay: "Hey Jim... remember that trade in 2020? It took me 2 weeks on the job to figure out I want nothing to do with with Carson Wentz... how much time did it take you? 

I wonder which QB he will prefer in the draft. This place will be full of mock drafts.

6 minutes ago, stitches said:

CJ Stroud ~ Philip Rivers

Will Levis ~ Justin Herbert

Anthony Richardson ~ Jalen Hurts

Something like that... 

No clue how you see Rivers in Stroud. Stroud is way more athletic and can make plays outside the pocket. Rivers was your prototypical pocket passer.

3 minutes ago, CR91 said:

No clue how you see Rivers in Stroud. Stroud is way more athletic and can make plays outside the pocket. Rivers was your prototypical pocket passer.

Disagree. Stroud is prototypical pocket passer too. Not sure how much more athletic he is. He will win or lose in the league from the pocket. The Georgia game was a huge outlier in his tape and even in that game when he was scrambling it didn't look really athletic. IMO he can't do that in the league... and he didn't do it in college too... except for that one game. 

Archived