Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Harbaugh to jump to NFL?

BProland85

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

I don’t get Carolina either.  I don’t see money or weather being a deciding factor.  It’s which organization will do what is necessary to put the pieces in place to win a championship.  Relationships will be important and he already has that with Irsay and the Colts.  He certainly knows Irsay will listen to him.  They both are very driven. On the same page with the same intensity I would think.

It's always about money. He might leave Michigan because they decreased his salary. Reggie White didn't choose GreenBay  because God told him to....GreenBay offered the most money.

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

It's always about money. He might leave Michigan because they decreased his salary. Reggie White didn't choose GreenBay  because God told him to....GreenBay offered the most money.

I think the not about money was about which nfl job he would take. I think he will want the best situation.

I think if I had the opportunity to go back to the NFL and not stick around at Michigan and go through a college recruiting violation investigation I would go back to the NFL.   

He clearly left his statement open enddd so he didn’t ruffle feathers at Michigan. He never said I am coming back. Said he didn’t know what future holds and expects to be back. Such a weird statement and don’t even know why they put it out.

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

He clearly left his statement open enddd so he didn’t ruffle feathers at Michigan. He never said I am coming back. Said he didn’t know what future holds and expects to be back. Such a weird statement and don’t even know why they put it out.

Make no mistake,I want Harbaugh. I still look back at the 95 season as one of the most exciting. But in the end....it will come down to money.

Just now, cdgacoltsfan said:

Make no mistake,I want Harbaugh. I still look back at the 95 season as one of the most exciting. But in the end....it will come down to money.

I don’t think he will take a situation he feels is bad. I mean if he doesn’t like Wilson why would he take more money to go there? They are stuck with him.  But yes a team like colts will have to offer him quite a bit more then what they were paying Reich. 

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I have to say the season really turned out awful but in the aftermath the stars have really aligned well for the Colts to draft their quarterback of the future and for Irsay to bring Harbaugh over to captain the ship. 

If they get Harbaugh and draft one of the 3 quarterbacks it’s all worth it.

20 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I think if I had the opportunity to go back to the NFL and not stick around at Michigan and go through a college recruiting violation investigation I would go back to the NFL.   

Who knows? Harbaugh gets God like treatment at Michigan just from beating Ohio. 

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

I have to say the season really turned out awful but in the aftermath the stars have really aligned well for the Colts to draft their quarterback of the future and for Irsay to bring Harbaugh over to captain the ship. 

I think we can cross Harbaugh and Payton off the list because Irsay has made this organization dysfunctual.

30 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I think Harbaugh is the one guy that would come despite what the organization looks like. Irsay would actually trust him and take a step back.

I Agree.  And if he does come the excitement he will generate will be crazy.  He will be welcomed with open arms.  I wouldn’t be surprised if season ticket sales take off.  Irsay knows that too.  So I don’t see money being a deal breaker.  

14 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

If they get Harbaugh and draft one of the 3 quarterbacks it’s all worth it.

It really is as simple at that

IMHO

The more I watch Levis in 2021 games the more I am ok with him as choice 3

IMHO

Harbaugh is EXACTLY what this team needs at this point

Right attitude

Right amount of fire

50 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I know the stupidity of things is ridiculous. I can imagine being a recruit and my coach buying me a piece of gum, oh no, not gum - let's investigate lol.

But when it gets down to it, they all know they cannot buy a hamburger for a kid if they are recruiting them.  

13 hours ago, richard pallo said:

I Agree.  And if he does come the excitement he will generate will be crazy.  He will be welcomed with open arms.  I wouldn’t be surprised if season ticket sales take off.  Irsay knows that too.  So I don’t see money being a deal breaker.  

Hate to be a downer but Harbaugh won't be coming to Indy. It always comes down to $$$

No doubt Irsay would like him but Irsays net worth is like 4 billion. The Denver ownership is like 70 billion. That plus Irsays meddling doesn't make Indy a desired destination 

2 minutes ago, Myles said:

But when it gets down to it, they all know they cannot buy a hamburger for a kid if they are recruiting them.  

Regardless of the rules whether we like them or not, they are the rules and Jim knew he was violating them when he took out his wallet.  No doubt.

1 minute ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Hate to be a downer but Harbaugh won't be coming to Indy. It always comes down to $$$

No doubt Irsay would like him but Irsays net worth is like 4 billion. The Denver ownership is like 70 billion. That plus Irsays meddling doesn't make Indy a desired destination 

Very good awareness. Jim may be too kooky for Jim H. unless so overwhelmed with money.

11 minutes ago, Myles said:

That is why Jim should have been smart about it. Put in for a to go order, order the kid a steak dinner and he can say it is for him. Pay cash for it and take the dinner to the kids house. The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)-ways around these weasel rules.

Maybe Harbaugh bought the hamburger on purpose. Then HE instructs someone to leak it to the press. Then he could say, "See how ridiculous these NCAA rules are? Sorry Michigan, but I can't take this anymore. I'm leaving to go back to the NFL."

13 minutes ago, Dr. T said:

Maybe Harbaugh bought the hamburger on purpose. Then HE instructs someone to leak it to the press. Then he could say, "See how ridiculous these NCAA rules are? Sorry Michigan, but I can't take this anymore. I'm leaving to go back to the NFL."

There was speculation that Harbaugh is getting fired of the college game and that was why he would probably leave Michigan.

16 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

This is a exert from when Irsay wanted Dungy. Could same thing happen if he wants Harbaugh that bad.

Broncos owner ship group has a ridiculous about of money. They can’t do nothing about the salary cap they inherited with Russell but it’s no salary cap on coaches so they can flat out pay Jim 20m if they want. And I can’t see broncos having assets to get Payton which might cost a ton if we use gruden as a reference 

16 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Facts broncos have the most money and it’s a ridiculous amount by far rumored to be like 60B to irsays 3.5B so irsay might view 20m a little differently then them even doe 20m is a drop in the bucket for 3.5B.

40 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Harbaugh won't go to Denver or Carolina. Russ is washed and they have no draft capital and Carolina has Sam Darnold as qb. Harbaugh has a top 5 pick here = A qb he may want and he is loved here.

Agree.  Denver has Payton on their list and he’s not going there either for the same reasons.  Denver has also made it very clear their new HC will report to their current GM.   I can’t see them being excited to report to a GM who traded away a boatload of draft picks for Wilson.

Agree.  Denver has Payton on their list and he’s not going there either for the same reasons.  Denver has also made it very clear their new HC will report to their current GM.   I can’t see them being excited to report to a GM who traded away a boatload of draft picks for Wilson.

Pretty sure they have changed things and they will be reporting to owner but it would take me forever to find Albrights tweet.

3 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Ok I found the story.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/12/28/broncos-owner-greg-penner-new-head-coach-will-report-to-me-not-george-paton/

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I wonder what Harbaugh thinks of Stroud. He has had front row seat to watch him play.

I’m guessing but I wouldn’t be surprised at all if he likes Stroud a lot and the Colts current draft position would put them in a good position to try and get him.

The only reason Harbaugh might want to come to the NFL is to win a ring. Does he really want a ring so bad he would walk away from the one job that he wanted his whole life? 

In Michigan he has total control and really only has to answer to any NCAA violations. 

The head coaches position between college and pros are 2 totally different jobs. They are only alike in name only. 

Archived