Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Harbaugh to jump to NFL?

BProland85

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It really is amazing Mcvay is only 36. He just got married this past year. He had mentioned he wants to be home a lot more when he starts having kids. He could get a broadcast job too.  This isn’t a Payton thing where he will jump back in a couple years down the road most likely.  Maybe when he is much much older closer to 50. 

40 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

Agreed that coaches can motivate. But players can too. That’s why I’m ok with Shaq getting that contract and coming back even in a diminished capacity so long as he can help motivate. Some free agents could fill that role too. 

Of course winning is the greatest motivator.

Oh agreed on all parts. A little consistency can go a long way. I’m curiously optimistic about this off-season as it will be a at the least a mini rebuild. 

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

It doesn’t make sense that colts don’t have interviews known yet. But Ballard being fired would make it all make sense. Maybe he plans on resigning.

Agree.  It's been reported we are going after Harbaugh but no report of an interview yet?  Very strange.  Ballard leaving could be the reason.  

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

Agree.  It's been reported we are going after Harbaugh but no report of an interview yet?  Very strange.  Ballard leaving could be the reason.  

Then king of colts said we should hear about a Harbaugh interview soon but a couple pieces have to fall into place. If that is true it all leads to Ballard being gone. What else would have to fall into place if he is correct.

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Then king of colts said we should hear about a Harbaugh interview soon but a couple pieces have to fall into place. If that is true it all leads to Ballard being gone. What else would have to fall into place if he is correct.

That's what I think.  The couple of pieces are Ballard and Dodds.

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

10 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

It doesn’t make sense that colts don’t have interviews known yet. But Ballard being fired would make it all make sense. Maybe he plans on resigning.

5 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I think you guys are spot on. Good insight.

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I would say Payton is the biggest fish.  I think interviewing Harbaugh helps with the negotiation process.

harbaugh is better than sean payton 100 percent .    payton had drew brees and still would go 8-8  multiple seasons and only one a single ring with a top 10 all time QB .     harbaugh went to the super bowl with kap  who is average  .    we need to do what ever it takes to get harbaugh

Sitting here watching the pregame show and Head Coaching news came up.  Once again the person giving the news gave

the impression that Irsay really believes in Saturday as long as he can get him a quarterback and the right offensive coordinator.  Im hoping it doesn't pan out that way but I wouldn't be shocked. .

7 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

harbaugh is better than sean payton 100 percent .    payton had drew brees and still would go 8-8  multiple seasons and only one a single ring with a top 10 all time QB .     harbaugh went to the super bowl with kap  who is average  .    we need to do what ever it takes to get harbaugh

Maybe.  But I think the vast majority of the league owners would prefer Payton over Harbaugh.  Many of them would trade draft picks to get him.  The big exception being Irsay.  He considers Harbaugh a member of the Colts family.  JMO.  I hope we get Harbaugh too.

CBS pregame said Saturday is a very viable candidate for the Colts job and that Irsay thinks he can get him a QB and an OC and he will be a great head coach.  It’s going to be Saturday. 

For what it’s worth CBS made it sound like it’s Harbaugh who has been calling the Panthers and that the Panthers called him back to get him to stop calling and that Harbaugh isn’t who the Panthers want.

I believe Irsay has always been viewed as one of the better owners.  What happened mid season with Reich and Saturday was 1st time occurrence.  I don’t think it would be a deal breaker for many candidates.

I don’t think colts would ever give up the draft picks needed. I would not like it either. Not for a coach.

Maybe they have their eye on a Dodds Harbaugh combination.

I doubt Texans would be on Harbaugh list. 

11 minutes ago, krunk said:

Sitting here watching the pregame show and Head Coaching news came up.  Once again the person giving the news gave

the impression that Irsay really believes in Saturday as long as he can get him a quarterback and the right offensive coordinator.  Im hoping it doesn't pan out that way but I wouldn't be shocked. .

I hope we don't keep Satuday. If we do the OC is the primary need. Has to be someone creative and has their own signature offense IMO. I saw a report saying the HC for Miami is on thin ice and might be let go if they lose today. He would be an excellent OC for Saturday. That would give us two coordinators with HC experience, and could help Saturday grow. Again, I hope we get someone else besides Saturday. Nobody might even want to come here after this season though.

5 hours ago, richard pallo said:

I believe Irsay has always been viewed as one of the better owners.  What happened mid season with Reich and Saturday was 1st time occurrence.  I don’t think it would be a deal breaker for many candidates.

Maybe add to that the fact that Irsay was right when he jettisoned Wentz and benched Ryan. 

3 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Oh boy crap about to hit the fan tomorrow.

I think that whole rumor of harbaugh meeting with dodds at st Elmo’s or wherever could have been, if it happened, dodds selling Ballard staying at gm to harbaugh.  

dodds has proven to be very loyal to Ballard.  

So far it doesn’t seem like Harbaugh is going to interview with panthers.

31 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

I think that whole rumor of harbaugh meeting with dodds at st Elmo’s or wherever could have been, if it happened, dodds selling Ballard staying at gm to harbaugh.  

dodds has proven to be very loyal to Ballard.  

I don’t remember DODDS being involved. I just remember Irsay being mentioned.

6 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

CBS pregame said Saturday is a very viable candidate for the Colts job and that Irsay thinks he can get him a QB and an OC and he will be a great head coach.  It’s going to be Saturday. 

For what it’s worth CBS made it sound like it’s Harbaugh who has been calling the Panthers and that the Panthers called him back to get him to stop calling and that Harbaugh isn’t who the Panthers want.

You may be right, but I certainly hope your prediction is wrong.   I think it would be a terrible, horrible look for the franchise. 

15 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

So far it doesn’t seem like Harbaugh is going to interview with panthers.

I don’t remember DODDS being involved. I just remember Irsay being mentioned.

I thought it was on here that I heard it but could have been a podcast.  

Archived