Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Harbaugh to jump to NFL?

BProland85

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

That team was lead by the players and how strong those leaders were. Dingy would of failed just like Reich had he had this team who’s leaders seem to be non existent. Those teams players held each other accountable. Dingy didn’t have to do much as far as motivating them.

You can minimize Dungy all you care to do but you would be wrong. 

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

This came from a story I read which quoted a “person close to Harbaugh” about his thinking on the possible job openings he’s been linked to.   And the above were his reasons for preferring Carolina over Indy and Denver.  

How credible the person is I don’t know since he was anonymous. 

I went back and read the story. At the end they go this is all speculation so who knows if that person has inside info from Harbaugh or was just guessing. I saw a rumor Harbaugh was already interviewing there. I don’t believe that though. 

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I went back and read the story. At the end they go this is all speculation so who knows if that person has inside info from Harbaugh or was just guessing. I saw a rumor Harbaugh was already interviewing there. I don’t believe that though. 

The 10 years ago Irsay is vastly different from today's impulsive, Impatient,meddling Irsay. That's a a big factor towards getting a top tier coach.

54 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Yeah and we are a power run team 1st which Jim prefers.  Don’t forget JT.  I think given a choice he would view him as a major asset versus Moore.

55 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Yeah and we are a power run team 1st which Jim prefers.  Don’t forget JT.  I think given a choice he would view him as a major asset versus Moore.

old school power run coaches are good in high school and college, not so sure if that works in todays nfl which is more pass inclined

35 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Word of advice, stop believing or even remotely considering everything you read on tweeter and whatever other social media platform you are on. 99.9 percent of the time, they’re dead wrong

47 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

I have not seen anything that states The word ...definitely

Right.  He said he “expects” to be coaching at TTUN next season.  Sort of how Saban said he expected to remain the Dolphins coach. 

21 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Word of advice, stop believing or even remotely considering everything you read on tweeter and whatever other social media platform you are on. 99.9 percent of the time, they’re dead wrong

Huh. Why are you even saying this and where did I say I believed every word. Some of you are just plain weird what you accuse other posters of. That was a very rude post.

I would love Harbaugh to be our coach and GM, get rid of Ballard. I just don't think we are his first choice though, also not sure if Irsay is ready to part ways with Ballard if need be.  If Harbaugh even comes to the NFL.

Im not sure where this whole "Ballard and Harbaugh" working together idea is coming from. IMO there is 0 chance of that happening. Harbaugh wants control, Ballard is not going to take a back seat, he will go get another GM job where he builds the team.

3 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Looks like Payton is going there.  After all money is no object for Denver.

I can’t imagine they would want Harbaugh over Payton. Payton still would have to agree but it is kind of looking that way. Saints wouldn’t of granted permission if Payton wasn’t interested. Payton might be good for Russ. Benjamin Albright thinks Payton is overated and is not a fan.

14 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I posted that for you.  You said money is the deciding factor.  You said they have the money to pay whatever will take.  So according to your thinking its a done deal.

Money does talk. But Payton is under contract with the Saints and they will want draft compensation which the Broncos are lacking because of the Wilson trade.

2 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

The 10 years ago Irsay is vastly different from today's impulsive, Impatient,meddling Irsay. That's a a big factor towards getting a top tier coach.

With all due respect, I disagree with describing Irsay that way.  I think he had been too laid back, letting the GM and coach do their thing while the team wasn't responding to Reich.  I like Reich, but I think he is too passive to be a HC.  Ballard put too much trust in Reich.  The slow starts, the bad play calling (until they were down 20+ pts).  Irsay has shown over the years to be overly loyal to coaches even when fans are calling for them to be fired.  He had to step up and say something this year trying to salvage what he could.  Let's see what happens in the offseason.  JMO

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Fair enough because I really don't want to argue about it anyway. I just thought 96-62 was pretty glaring. I am not even saying Pittman is better because he is a Colt, I just looked at the numbers and have seen how valuable he is to the Colts on a week to week bases. He is going to have over 100 catches which is a great accomplishment with the QB play we have had.

I think you looking at this very narrowly.

Looking at their careers so far Pittman averages 74.6 recs per year and Moore 72.6.

Pittman has an average of 11.1 ypc. Moore has 14.3.
   TD wise they are close. Pittman 3.33 TDs per year and more 4.2. 

Looking at that I think most would take Moore. Yeah this has been a craptastic year in Indy, but Moore has five years in Carolina - doesn’t get much worse than that?

1 hour ago, Nesjan3 said:

I would love Harbaugh to be our coach and GM, get rid of Ballard. I just don't think we are his first choice though, also not sure if Irsay is ready to part ways with Ballard if need be.  If Harbaugh even comes to the NFL.

Im not sure where this whole "Ballard and Harbaugh" working together idea is coming from. IMO there is 0 chance of that happening. Harbaugh wants control, Ballard is not going to take a back seat, he will go get another GM job where he builds the team.

hope he builds it better than he did the colts

48 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Money does talk. But Payton is under contract with the Saints and they will want draft compensation which the Broncos are lacking because of the Wilson trade.

Really.  You think Denver is going to interview him and let draft compensation be the deal breaker?  Really?  You don’t think compensation parameters have not already been discussed?   I do.  Denver is going after the big Tuna.  What could possibly stop this from happening?  

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Really.  You think Denver is going to interview him and let draft compensation be the deal breaker?  Really?  You don’t think compensation parameters have not already been discussed?   I do.  Denver is going after the big Tuna.  What could possibly stop this from happening?  

This season has been a mess, but I’m actually grateful for it. Since Luck retired, we needed to just bite the bullet and tank to the max for one year to finally have the pick needed to draft our next franchise QB. The whole Irsay-meddling situation sucks and I feel bad for Jeff and all the crap he’s taken, but I think it will be worth it in the end.

With that being said, I really don’t want Harbaugh. He seems very controlling and would likely clash with Ballard, and I’m honestly not too impressed with him after he struggled against mid to trash-tier B10 teams all year and then let TCU hang 50+ points on him, despite an incredibly talented roster.

I’m also not a huge fan of Payton; I don’t want to trade picks for a coach, and everyone knows he “retired” from coaching just to get away from the cap Hell and bad QB situation the Saints are in. I don’t want a guy who will quit on his team, I want a captain who will go down with the ship; that’s true leadership to me.

I’d like to look for a young offensive-minded coach with good leadership qualities who we could pair with a dynamic young QB, similar to what the Bengals and Dolphins have done to great success.

3 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Huh. Why are you even saying this and where did I say I believed every word. Some of you are just plain weird what you accuse other posters of. That was a very rude post.

Because often times, your posts tend to suggest your belief in a lot of these rumors. I mean no offense, just friendly observation 

5 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

This would effect Payton to broncos because he wants a LA job.

I would take McVay as a head coach. He’s had one bad year

12 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

The NFL has informed the Broncos the team cannot interview Peyton in person until Jan. 17 at the earliest.

Why so long?

Because of the new rule about interviewing coaches under contract.

55 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

One word...Arizona

Archived