Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Harbaugh to jump to NFL?

BProland85

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Harbaugh has enough money to not have to make a move solely based on money.  Don’t get me wrong, money is ALWAYS a powerful motivator but I think Harbaugh is going to jump to the team he feels he has the best chance to win with.  

One thing I heard tonight driving home something the Colts have that others looking for a coach at the moment don’t is Taylor.  Harbaugh’s teams have been built on power run and defense.  While the Colts line does need work this off-season it doesn’t need a total overhaul, they have one of the best backs in football here and a pretty good defense.  The Colts might be an attractive place for him and that’s before you get out his ties here.  

This. I have heard a couple media people mention why this could be attractive for him.

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Maybe this will push Harbaugh towards the NFL.

The NCAA has reportedly given the Michigan Wolverines football program its Notice of Allegations, claiming head coach Jim Harbaugh provided "false or misleading information" to investigators regarding impermissible contact with recruits during NCAA-mandated dead periods. 

According to The Athletic, Michigan has received four Level II violations and one Level I violation, which is Harbaugh’s misleading information. 

The violations against Michigan also include the use of a defensive analyst for on-field coaching activities, which is against rules, per ESPN. 

Harbaugh, who said he "expects" to return as Michigan’s head coach next season despite rumors he could return to the NFL, could get a multi-game suspension among potential penalties, ESPN added.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/ncaa-slams-jim-harbaugh-michigan-football-multiple-violations-investigation-report

29 minutes ago, Myles said:

Maybe this will push Harbaugh towards the NFL.

The NCAA has reportedly given the Michigan Wolverines football program its Notice of Allegations, claiming head coach Jim Harbaugh provided "false or misleading information" to investigators regarding impermissible contact with recruits during NCAA-mandated dead periods. 

According to The Athletic, Michigan has received four Level II violations and one Level I violation, which is Harbaugh’s misleading information. 

The violations against Michigan also include the use of a defensive analyst for on-field coaching activities, which is against rules, per ESPN. 

Harbaugh, who said he "expects" to return as Michigan’s head coach next season despite rumors he could return to the NFL, could get a multi-game suspension among potential penalties, ESPN added.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/ncaa-slams-jim-harbaugh-michigan-football-multiple-violations-investigation-report

Well this changes things. 

Harbaugh would bring instant credibility to the locker room. He would be able to bring some great assistants. The culture would be restored instantly. He also has a very good Oline coach at Michigan. Let’s hope Irsay can offer enough to get him to come. Everyone says he is a players coach and players love playing for him. 

I think him and Ballard would get along pretty well. I think  Harbaugh would be much more direct on what he needs then Reich was.

I do find it kind of funny on here how people will dismiss players for their transgressions, but it appears that we are ready to embrace Harbaugh even though he is under investigation. Remember those who are all over Bill for cheating??I do find it rather interesting and how people will rationalize it. Things that make you go hmmmmmm.  Desperation creates ignorance. I thought we were a franchise of integrity? So we hired a coach who had no coaching ability and now willing to hire someone who is under investigation for bending the rules?? How far we have fallen

34 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I do find it kind of funny on here how people will dismiss players for their transgressions, but it appears that we are ready to embrace Harbaugh even though he is under investigation. Remember those who are all over Bill for cheating??I do find it rather interesting and how people will rationalize it. Things that make you go hmmmmmm.  Desperation creates ignorance. I thought we were a franchise of integrity? So we hired a coach who had no coaching ability and now willing to hire someone who is under investigation for bending the rules?? How far we have fallen

Deleted response..... trying not to be snarky

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

FWIW I just read an article on Yahoo written by an author friend of Harbaugh ranking his preferences for which team he would prefer at this moment.  He had Carolina 1st followed by the Colts then Denver.

Let's see. More money and better weather and an easier path to the Super Bowl. Who is our second choice? Saturday...ugh.

4 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

FWIW I just read an article on Yahoo written by an author friend of Harbaugh ranking his preferences for which team he would prefer at this moment.  He had Carolina 1st followed by the Colts then Denver.

Why Carolina? They may not even be in position to get a QB. I don’t know what the attraction there is.  I also heard that the talk with the GM OR owner wasn’t much. Seems they like the Eagles OC and might be the number one choice there. Good news though if colts are ahead of Denver. I never thought this would come down entirely to money.

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Why Carolina? They may not even be in position to get a QB. I don’t know what the attraction there is.  I also heard that the talk with the GM OR owner wasn’t much. Seems they like the Eagles OC and might be the number one choice there. Good news though if colts are ahead of Denver. I never thought this would come down entirely to money.

It will come down to money....it's rare when it doesn't.

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Of all the crap… I personally don’t care about Jim  and am rather meh on whether I want him as the next Hc but all this over a burgr when most colleges are hiring recruits strippers and hookers, I really think it’s an axe to grind thing

11 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Let's see. More money and better weather and an easier path to the Super Bowl. Who is our second choice? Saturday...ugh.

We don’t even know if the Colts want him…

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

It’s one thing to have this all over a dang fast food burger and another completely different scenario like sexual assault allegations or something 

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I don’t get Carolina either.  I don’t see money or weather being a deciding factor.  It’s which organization will do what is necessary to put the pieces in place to win a championship.  Relationships will be important and he already has that with Irsay and the Colts.  He certainly knows Irsay will listen to him.  They both are very driven. On the same page with the same intensity I would think.

Archived