Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Harbaugh to jump to NFL?

BProland85

4 hours ago, richard pallo said:

It’s just not about money.  I think he’s looking for the best overall fit.  Denver has also   made it clear the new coach will report to the GM.  So there is still a lot for Harbaugh to consider.  I still think he will windup with the Colts.

Ummm...I guess the Rooney rule is pretty much a joke if these reports are true. I doubt they are.

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Rumor is Denver is prepared to offer Harbaugh 20 million a year.  Sean Peyton is also being looked at by Denver. Rumor is Harbaugh would except Denver job if offered. Peyton would be 25 million.

At that price tag we are going to end up with milk toast boring guy like Leslie Frazier lol. What makes it worse is the money Irsay spends on all his guitars and him always flaunting it. 

We'll end up with Joe Blow from Idaho.

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

All the rule means is you have to interview a candidate. This is why the rule is a joke because teams already know who they want and it is just token interviews.

When Jim went after Dungy he knew he wanted him right from the get go.  No difference really.  We have already had conversations with Jim. The media is clueless.

1 minute ago, Shadow_Creek said:

whelp looks like jim has spoken to the panthers ...uggh 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35372772/source-panthers-owner-jim-harbaugh-talked-coaching-job

Yeah that was reported yesterday. The two colts insiders Dustin Adams and king of colts confirmed on their podcast the panthers and broncos.

4 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Destin Adams and Rashaad Mcginnis confirmed  that Carolina and Denver are also interested.

Just between me and you. And nothin against Shaad or Destin. I like both of them. But do you think they really have these highly informed sources??

4 minutes ago, IrsaysArmy said:

Just between me and you. And nothin against Shaad or Destin. I like both of them. But do you think they really have these highly informed sources??

Yes. It’s very clear. They have reported stuff like 5 or ten minutes before it is official. They will post these GIF for people to figure it out right before.  They are very good at what they do.

We need the right coach,. Nit the cheaper coach not the coach the players like but the coach who can coach a team to wins and get the most out of every player on the team. First goal for the new coach is win the division. Not right away but thats the goal. Then compete for a title. 

41 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

When Jim went after Dungy he knew he wanted him right from the get go.  No difference really.  We have already had conversations with Jim. The media is clueless.

I get the love for Jim and he was  one of my favorite cause honestly  I  know nothing about anyone else. I  know one GM and he really critisized the 2nd  down play calling in the Michigan game  and say Michigan  lost that game.  I think people who critisized Frank for his play calling maybe expecting  to much from Jim. Sure he brings an attitude but u need more than that in today's football. Let  us not forget that he had an absolutely loaded  San Fran team. Just saying give. 

4 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I get the love for Jim and he was  one of my favorite cause honestly  I  know nothing about anyone else. I  know one GM and he really critisized the 2nd  down play calling in the Michigan game  and say Michigan  lost that game.  I think people who critisized Frank for his play calling maybe expecting  to much from Jim. Sure he brings an attitude but u need more than that in today's football. Let  us not forget that he had an absolutely loaded  San Fran team. Just saying give. 

no coach can win with this roster

1 minute ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

no coach can win with this roster

You know that is not true.  2 or 3 players in the right positions can turn things around very quickly.  We have witnessed this right here in Indy before. You seem to think this team has no talent at all which is totally wrong. 

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

You know that is not true.  2 or 3 players in the right positions can turn things around very quickly.  We have witnessed this right here in Indy before. You seem to think this team has no talent at all which is totally wrong. 

The 2 or 3 RIGHT players. It’s not easy picking players that will live up to the hype. For me anyways that’s what I’m worried about.

7 hours ago, DougDew said:

Yeah, if Harbaugh is interested in a legacy and making a national splash with it, he'll suck it up when it comes to any short term draft capital issues and will think long-ish term...10 years.  Indy is the weak sister in that scenario, IMO.

I still say that even though he is hobbled by Wilson and his contract at Denver, Harbaugh has one half of the team in place with the defense like he had in SF.   His only real issue is working through the Wilson contract and a couple of years of first round picks.   Its cheap and easy to build a running QB offense without first rounders, IMO.

Denver and the Broncos have a much more expansive national following.

I dare say with a strong HC, our defense gets even better.  Our defense has been top 10 most of the year.  Get an offense that does more than 3 & outs consistently, and our defense is better that way as well.  I'd say he would prefer Indy over Denver, not sure if we're his top choice or not, but I can hope.

1 minute ago, bluebombers87 said:

The 2 or 3 RIGHT players. It’s not easy picking players that will live up to the hype. For me anyways that’s what I’m worried about.

No doubt that is understandable.  Improvement is something that is not going to happen in one season. New coaches and hopefully a new young QB will take time to develop.  

We all are concerned and worried about the future but all we can do is wait. 

For me, I'm staying positive.  After all I have no control over any of it. 

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

No doubt that is understandable.  Improvement is something that is not going to happen in one season. New coaches and hopefully a new young QB will take time to develop.  

We all are concerned and worried about the future but all we can do is wait. 

For me, I'm staying positive.  After all I have no control over any of it. 

Agreed. I think getting the right coach will set forward the correct chain of events. A good/great coach gets players to overperform and grow. Bad ones give you what we’ve seen this year.

9 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

He is going to have a article out tomorrow. Looks like he has some nuggets of info. Anyone want to guess what  this GIF means. I know what it’s about.

I would guess Irsay met Harbaugh at St. Elmo’s but if he did someone would have spotted them.  So I guess not.

7 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I would guess Irsay met Harbaugh at St. Elmo’s but if he did someone would have spotted them.  So I guess not.

They have private rooms there. I saw this rumored from someone else too. So this kind of corroborated that. He said the GIF would make sense when you see the title of article. So I guess he will talk about that meeting.

Trying to learn more info but Harbaugh may have a really good relationship with DODDS. That throws a wrinkle into things. Let you know if I find more info.

5 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

They have private rooms there. I saw this rumored from someone else too. So this kind of corroborated that. He said the GIF would make sense when you see the title of article. So I guess he will talk about that meeting.

Trying to learn more info but Harbaugh may have a really good relationship with DODDS. That throws a wrinkle into things. Let you know if I find more info.

DODDS.  Wow.  That came out of left field.

2 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

All the rule means is you have to interview a candidate. This is why the rule is a joke because teams already know who they want and it is just token interviews.

I think you mean a Tolkien interview

Surely someone will get this lol

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Considering it has been rumored he wants his own GM and DODDS is already here. Could push him to take this job. I assume Ballard would be gone and DODDS hired. That’s a lot of money for Irsay to swallow with still paying Ballard.

There is no way I can see Irsay paying that kind of money along with Ballard and Reich.

22 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Some of you guys think Harbaugh is the great messiah and savior of the Colts. After seeing him be out coached and him completely look inept in his last game makes me question the thought of him being our next coach? 

It looks like a few owners and GM’s do too. 

Archived