Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

So, is the Jeff Saturday experiment over yet?

John Hammonds

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JColts72 said:

I certainly hope so, but who would want to work with Jim knowing he has already said how outstanding Jeff is and is a strong candidate.

This is exactly the problem. We have an owner who at the very least is not helping the situation and at worst, making it worse for the team to attract top talent at HC.

IF we are keeping Ballard, he needs to have control of all football operations free of any interference. 

1 hour ago, bluebombers87 said:

This is exactly the problem. We have an owner who at the very least is not helping the situation and at worst, making it worse for the team to attract top talent at HC.

IF we are keeping Ballard, he needs to have control of all football operations free of any interference. 

I agree.  Ballard may be responsible for the initial Failure Of Plan, but that was nothing compared to the mercurial Failure Of Interference that Irsay did.  At least Ballard's decisions are based on deliberation and thought.  Someone needs to tie Irsay to a chair and take away his twitter account.

Some good points from Joel Erickson on his podcast about how Saturday isn’t taking responsibility for this teams losses. In the last few post game pressers he keeps saying things like it was bad when I got here. It is kind of a poor excuse. Then they mentioned what the panthers coach did this year and what the raiders interim coach did last year. Joel says it seems he is blaming Reich or the talent level.

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

That's my coach. I met him and got his autograph when I went to the Chargers game back in 1996. My mom loves him. If he can turn the 49ers around with Kaepernick at QB and go to a SB, then sky is the limit. His college resume is very good too, 2 Final 4's and his teams whipped Ohio St 2 years in a row. 

49 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Some good points from Joel Erickson on his podcast about how Saturday isn’t taking responsibility for this teams losses. In the last few post game pressers he keeps saying things like it was bad when I got here. It is kind of a poor excuse. Then they mentioned what the panthers coach did this year and what the raiders interim coach did last year. Joel says it seems he is blaming Reich or the talent level.

Some of us think that the reason Jeff was hired was to find out which one was really the problem, if not both, but do it from the inside with a position as the IHC instead of his outsider consultant position 

He really doesn't have the same mission as the typical IHC does, which is why Irsay hired a nontypical IHC.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That's my coach. I met him and got his autograph when I went to the Chargers game back in 1996. My mom loves him. If he can turn the 49ers around with Kaepernick at QB and go to a SB, then sky is the limit. His college resume is very good too, 2 Final 4's and his teams whipped Ohio St 2 years in a row. 

Agreed. It worries me that an egomaniac like Ballard would not want Harbaugh, who will be the alpha in any room, or that Harbaugh would not want to work with Ballard. What do you think? 

4 minutes ago, ShuteAt168 said:

Agreed. It worries me that an egomaniac like Ballard would not want Harbaugh, who will be the alpha in any room, or that Harbaugh would not want to work with Ballard. What do you think? 

That will be interesting to see, as of now Irsay says Ballard will be back but will he? Irsay might just hire Harbaugh and give him control. 

I am not sure if Ballard and Harbaugh would work but if it did it could be a scary thing. We need a QB and I am sure Harbaugh would want the QB of his choice to work with. 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That will be interesting to see, as of now Irsay says Ballard will be back but will he? Irsay might just Harbaugh and give him control. 

I am not sure if Ballard and Harbaugh would work but if it did it could be a scary thing. WE need a QB and I am sure Harbaugh would want the QB of his choice to work with. 

Yeah. I know some will disagree but if a proven guy like Harbaugh wants to come, you roll out the carpet, pay him a trillion and can Ballard — whatever Harbaugh wants. A new young QB and a demanding proven coach could get us back on track quickly. 

1 minute ago, ShuteAt168 said:

Yeah. I know some will disagree but if a proven guy like Harbaugh wants to come, you roll out the carpet, pay him a trillion and can Ballard — whatever Harbaugh wants. A new young QB and a demanding proven coach could get us back on track quickly. 

I agree with you. We need a spark because this year has me puzzled, disappointed, and frustrated. 

If Harbaugh is hired, he will have total control, IMO.   He wanted it in SF, and has been doing it at Michigan as much as he can.  Next step is to be in control of personnel at the NFL level while coaching.

Harbaugh is flaky enough to not be bothered by having to work directly with Irsay, IMO. 

It would be a perfect match of complimentary goofiness.

5 minutes ago, ShuteAt168 said:

Just look at how fast giants turned things  around when they got the right coach. Jags you. If we get the right coach and QB it won’t take long.

Harbaugh will probably want his own GM. Especially with how it ended with the GM in SF. Ballard might not be gone right away  but I don’t expect he will be GM if Harbaugh is hired.

Harbaugh will also be able  to attract a good staff. He had a very good Oline coach at Michigan that really turned that Oline around too.

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Just look at how fast giants turned things  around when they got the right coach. Jags you. If we get the right coach and QB it won’t take long.

Harbaugh will probably want his own GM. Especially with how it ended with the GM in SF. Ballard might not be gone right sesh but I don’t expect he will be GM if Harbaugh is hired.

The Rams stunk before McVay took over as well. He made Goff look like Dan Marino lmao 

3 minutes ago, DougDew said:

If Harbaugh is hired, he will have total control, IMO.   He wanted it in SF, and has been doing it at Michigan as much as he can.  Next step is to be in control of personnel at the NFL level while coaching.

Harbaugh is flaky enough to not be bothered by having to work directly with Irsay, IMO. 

It would be a perfect match of complimentary goofiness.

That is a good point — the flaky factor. 

4 minutes ago, ShuteAt168 said:

That is a good point — the flaky factor. 

Yeah, maybe it would be a perfect match........of horribleness.  

But at least the FO combo would provide entertainment, if the team doesn't do that right away. 

I started watching colts during that playoff run in 95. That was fun way to get introduced to football.

That team had such great chemistry. One thing many forget is, Faulk was out, imagine had we had him at Pitt? Our Defense was relentless, Harbaugh was just clutch.

It would be hilarious if Harbaugh became coach and we drafted Stroud.

Michigan guy drafting Stroud haha 

1 minute ago, MikeCurtis said:

Harbaugh would be fantastic 

There has to be other interviews, but I bet Jim Irsay brought it up as far as how much $$$$ it would take

My forecast  is that Harbaugh will be the Colts coach by March

WE NEED HIM ASAP

I hope it don’t take that long to hire a coach. It really needs to be done well before the combine. But probably won’t be until at least until after the SB.

45 minutes ago, ShuteAt168 said:

If that's the case Irsay should say....bye bye Ballard and hand Harbaugh the keys.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If I was Irsay, I would give Harbaugh complete control and let him draft the QB he wants, then let it ride. 

I don’t think Harbaugh is going to do better than a Top 4 playoff spot in Michigan any time soon. Just a hunch and he’ll feel his odds of winning the AFC South will be greater than winning a national title competing with the likes of OSU, Georgia, Alabama, TCU etc. for recruits mainly from the South and Texas where football is king and them inclined to choose friendlier weather more.

I wonder which QB he would go for?  As funny as it seems he has seen stroud play up close.  Definitely trust him to pick the QB.

Harbaugh will go with Will Levis or Anthony Richardson Ala Colin Kaepernick to run his west coast concepts, IMO

Archived