Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

So, is the Jeff Saturday experiment over yet?

John Hammonds

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

All they have to do is interview one minority candidate… Reggie Wayne for example…

I wonder how the rule works out if you offer to interview a minority candidate and they refuse the interview - do you still have to find & interview one?

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I wonder which QB he would go for?  As funny as it seems he has seen stroud play up close.  Definitely trust him to pick the QB.

I can see him picking Stroud, he has went up against him. Now he can work with him. That would be funny though. I think Young is going #1 to Houston.

27 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

Harbaugh would be fantastic 

There has to be other interviews, but I bet Jim Irsay brought it up as far as how much $$$$ it would take

My forecast  is that Harbaugh will be the Colts coach by March

WE NEED HIM ASAP

He could be the Colts coach and GM by next Tuesday, or right after how ever long it takes for Irsay to do the cursory interviews.

9 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

So if Harbaugh gets hired Ballard is as good as done

Well, when this supposed conversation at the BIG 10 Championship about him possibly becoming the HC of the Colts took place with Irsay, I wonder if Ballard was involved with it or even knew about it.

This is all land of make believe. Why would Jim H. work with Jim and Ballard? Colts owner is a babbling loose cannon. Jim's ego will have Saturday back just to prove a point.  Denver may give Jim H. the control he wants. Jim H. will cost more then Jim may want to pay as still has to pay Frank for years like the Mets with Bobby Bonilla. Since we are playing fantasy coaching; go for Sean too 

1 minute ago, JColts72 said:

This is all land of make believe. Why would Jim work with Jim and Ballard. Denver may give him the control he wants. Jim will cost more then Jim may want to pay as still has to pay Frank for years like the Mets with Bobby Bonilla.

Yeah, the timing of the tweet about Harbaugh being receptive to NFL offers comes on the heels of Denver supposedly reaching out. 

A team reportedly reaching out to a coach who is reportedly receptive to offers.  Sounds to me like he'll end up in Denver.

4 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Well, when this supposed conversation at the BIG 10 Championship about him possibly becoming the HC of the Colts took place with Irsay, I wonder if Ballard was involved with it or even knew about it.

Yah but isnt the thing with Harbaugh is he wants full control if he works in the NFL?

2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Yeah, the timing of the tweet about Harbaugh being receptive to NFL offers comes on the heels of Denver supposedly reaching out. 

A team reportedly reaching out to a coach who is reportedly receptive to offers.  Sounds to me like he'll end up in Denver.

Ownership more stable and he will fix Wilson.

1 minute ago, Nesjan3 said:

Yah but isnt the thing with Harbaugh is he wants full control if he works in the NFL?

Yes.  I meant that since Irsay is seemingly talking about HC without his GM, he's not relying upon his GM for much input.  

I have know idea how much Ballard is involved.  He may be involved with everything related to Harbaugh.  Just saying that if he isn't, it might be a sign that Jim is ready to move on from him to give Harbaugh control

Ownership more stable and he will fix Wilson.

And a better defense.

1 minute ago, MikeCurtis said:

I’m not clear on your point on this. Can you add?

Colts have put us through nonsense this year. I don't see what explaining needs to be done? From QB changes, injuries, coaching changes, the team saying we are all in, etc.. From the beginning they should have just ruled Leonard out for the year instead of getting people's hopes up = another example. He was never going to play and they knew that, just wishy washy crap.

6 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Maybe….. anything could happen…. But….The team give up 2 first round picks 2 2nd round picks and a 4th

Russell Wilson is on a fast decline. I don’t believe fixable is a probable outcome. 

IMHO Denver wouldn’t be a great scenario for a top tier coach

They are stuck with Wilson and his cap for a few years

I’m not sure if I see Harbaugh wanting to tie himself to what appears to be a broken Russell Wilson along with so much missing draft capital. Like someone said, though, maybe he thinks Wilson is OK and that the coaching has been inept. It would be nice to go big game hunting and get Sean P or Harbaugh but that may be wishful thinking. Irsay’s nonsensical comments at the Saturday presser would give any prime candidate pause. 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Harbaugh will never go to Denver because Wilson is washed up and 34 years old. Harbaugh would want a young QB to work with. 

Agreed, but I never say never

Harbaugh is also VERY well thought of in Indy

It would be a sort of a homecoming 

Good point. Denver where now in draft position?

There first pick is 3rd round.   For two years

1 minute ago, MikeCurtis said:

Maybe….. anything could happen…. But….The team give up 2 first round picks 2 2nd round picks and a 4th

Russell Wilson is on a fast decline. I don’t believe fixable is a probable outcome. 

IMHO Denver wouldn’t be a great scenario for a top tier coach

They are stuck with Wilson and his cap for a few years

But, with the defense, I could see Harbaugh trying to turn it into a Time of Possession smashmouth offense to counter KCs air attack.  Sign a running QB and a few olinemen and the offense is pretty cheap to build.  I think they have two pretty good TEs.

Neither Indy or Den look like very attractive spots, but, teams looking for a HC rarely do look attractive.

Just now, ShuteAt168 said:

I’m not sure if I see Harbaugh wanting to tie himself to what appears to be a broken Russell Wilson along with so much missing draft capital. Like someone said, though, maybe he thinks Wilson is OK and that the coaching has been inept. It would be nice to go big game hunting and get Sean P or Harbaugh but that may be wishful thinking. Irsay’s nonsensical comments at the Saturday presser would give any prime candidate pause. 

And other top candidates may not even bother too? What a fool to make us sick about pre ordaining Saturday to possibly return. Not going to get hammer due to small market sports reporters.

And other top candidates may not even bother too? What a fool to make us sick about pre ordaining Saturday to possibly return. Not going to get hammer due to small market sports reporters.

I don’t know……. If Saturday would have won all or most of his games….. he would have HAD to be considered

48 minutes ago, DougDew said:

He could be the Colts coach and GM by next Tuesday, or right after how ever long it takes for Irsay to do the cursory interviews.

Interviews will be a sham just to show interviewing others and comply with Rooney Rule. I like to see 49ers D coach or Frazier.

4 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

Ballard and Jim H. come to a brawl. Ballard is so overrated. Gets a pass for putting a horrible team together. But Jim has such a crush on him that he can do no wrong.

Jim would make it fun anyway.  Even if we sucked lol.  Love that old school feces.

It has to be over after this season. The fact that Jeff called the Oline out for not sticking up for Foles after the Thibodaux celebration but he didnt come out to his QBs defense speaks volumes. It starts a the top. I've never been more disqusted with a Colts squads pride than I am with this current team. This team quit mentally and a lot of these olinemen only care about their money not their performance. Embarrassing....

Just now, TimetobringDfence! said:

It has to be over after this season. The fact that Jeff called the Oline out for not sticking up for Foles after the Thibodaux celebration but he didnt come out to his QBs defense speaks volumes. It starts a the top. I've never been more disqusted with a Colts squads pride than I am with this current team. This team quit mentally and a lot of these olinemen only care about their money not their performance. Embarrassing....

Agreed.  They quit a long time ago

13 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

Ballard and Jim H. come to a brawl. Ballard is so overrated. Gets a pass for putting a horrible team together. But Jim has such a crush on him that he can do no wrong.

Ballard has a BIG personality

Harbaugh has a BIG personality

i don’t see them on the same squad

Harbaugh didn’t get along with GM in San Francisco

I would MUCH rather have Harbaugh than Ballard

Irsay said FR was safe.   Then fired him….

Just now, richard pallo said:

If Harbaugh is ready to come back I think it will be for the Colts.  No doubt in my mind.  I think Denver knows it and is making a last ditch effort to get him. 

I think you are right

Irsay needs a new coach….. It’s 1000 % clear that he holds Harbaugh in extremely high regards

They have dinner together……. I think a $ number was probably tossed around

My hope is that our next coach is Harbaugh

21 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

Interviews will be a sham just to show interviewing others and comply with Rooney Rule. I like to see 49ers D coach or Frazier.

He has to let others interview

But it IS his choice

Remember the Colts had 2 minority head coaches in past 20 years

Irsay isn’t a problem in that arena

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Had we had Faulk healthy during our run in 1995 we would have been in the SB without a doubt. 

Maybe……. Edge was AWESOME

Archived