Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

So, is the Jeff Saturday experiment over yet?

John Hammonds

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

Woods is my least favorite of those guys.  Clunky is a good description, but excessively tall guys can be that way, RAS score aside.  I think there were better all around TEs in the draft but Woods had the best RAS profile and was Ballard's target it sounds like.  Ballard was going to pick him a round higher but opted for Pierce.  I think Pierce can be a good X,,,more physical than Pitt.

yes Pierce is the only keeper so far and Woods is showing that he has a place on this team. Taylor, Pittman and Campbell can and/or cannot be signed as that is fine with me.

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Woods is my least favorite of those guys.  Clunky is a good description, but excessively tall guys can be that way, RAS score aside.  I think there were better all around TEs in the draft but Woods had the best RAS profile and was Ballard's target it sounds like.  Ballard was going to pick him a round higher but opted for Pierce.  I think Pierce can be a good X,,,more physical than Pitt.

Kinda what I was thinking with Pierce and a reason why I think we should deal Pittman and save the cap space.

18 hours ago, Nickster said:

Kinda what I was thinking with Pierce and a reason why I think we should deal Pittman and save the cap space.

I just dont think Pittman is a #1 receiver. I like him but i wouldnt pay him #1 money. 

Im hoping Saturday is not the coach

8 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

No no no you don’t understand. I have it on good authority this was just an evaluation period. That’s all. Jeff was never trying to win games. The only way he could properly evaluate players is by keeping the same losing scheme and players in place and change nothing (sarcasm fyi).

1 minute ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Hey Irsay...if Saturday is the Colts coach next season, I'm done...I quit...I'm moving on. So what's it going to be Jim ..Saturday or me? It's up to you. The balls in your court.:rock:

Do we have a door number  3? Say swim suit model? Just asking cause  I think I will take the model over u. Sorry bud.

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

If Irsay had given him a clean slate and hired him after the season he might of had their respect. He could of hired his own coordinators ect. But Irsay made a big blunder.

Think of it this way. If u worked in a business and a promotion came up and that owner 

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

If Irsay had given him a clean slate and hired him after the season he might of had their respect. He could of hired his own coordinators ect. But Irsay made a big blunder.

That’s been my biggest complaint. We gained absolutely nothing by firing frank mid season. He needed to go for sure but at the end of the season.

49 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

That’s been my biggest complaint. We gained absolutely nothing by firing frank mid season. He needed to go for sure but at the end of the season.

We actually did gain something as hard as it may seem. We probably get a few more wins which means we miss out on a QB again. So even though we got worse in the end it might work out for the better.

13 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

We actually did gain something as hard as it may seem. We probably get a few more wins which means we miss out on a QB again. So even though we got worse in the end it might work out for the better.

It only will if we succeed in getting a good pick and good HC to go with it. Given Irsay’s history as well as Ballard, I’m not terribly confident either will succeed.

31 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

It only will if we succeed in getting a good pick and good HC to go with it. Given Irsay’s history as well as Ballard, I’m not terribly confident either will succeed.

Yeah Irsay's history only has Polian, Dungy, Manning and Luck in it. He also had a long running history of winning a whole bunch of games. 

Your narrative is dead wrong. 

5 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

What would you guys think about Jim Caldwell. He might be able to reset the culture in the locker room. 

I like him.  My son actually had a try out with the Detroit Lions and said he was a very good man. Oh but right . He's not a yeller and screamer cause that's what we need lol.

Just now, Moosejawcolt said:

I like him.  My son actually had a try out with the Detroit Lions and said he was a very good man. Oh but right . He's not a yeller and screamer cause that's what we need lol.

Now that I think about it he is a little old. He is 67.

I want someone like Dan Campbell. Players would run through a brick wall for him.

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Now that I think about it he is a little old. He is 67.

I want someone like Dan Campbell. Players would run through a brick wall for him.

Well that's  nice but can get coach?  For some one that talks  about toughness  . That D is an absolute embarrassment 

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

Yeah Irsay's history only has Polian, Dungy, Manning and Luck in it. He also had a long running history of winning a whole bunch of games. 

Your narrative is dead wrong. 

Polian was responsible for Manning. Grigson was responsible for Luck. I’ll concede Dungy though that too may have been Polian.

Irsay cut Manning when he had two good years left. Irsay hired Grigson, who outside of the aforementioned Luck was terrible. Since parting ways with the Polians, we’ve not had the levels of success we’ve enjoyed previously.

And if you wanna give Irsay credit for Dungy, then you have to give him fault for Pagano, Caldwell, Mora, and Frank.

And that’s just from the Manning era forward. Shall we look at his football success/failure rate prior to that? Or have I made the point clearly enough?

1 minute ago, bluebombers87 said:

Polian was responsible for Manning. Grigson was responsible for Luck. I’ll concede Dungy though that too may have been Polian.

Irsay cut Manning when he had two good years left. Irsay hired Grigson, who outside of the aforementioned Luck was terrible. Since parting ways with the Polians, we’ve not had the levels of success we’ve enjoyed previously.

And if you wanna give Irsay credit for Dungy, then you have to give him fault for Pagano, Caldwell, Mora, and Frank.

And that’s just from the Manning era forward. Shall we look at his football success/failure rate prior to that? Or have I made the point clearly enough?

You are ridiculously negative.  If you dislike him so much why be a fan of his team?

3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

You are ridiculously negative.  If you dislike him so much why be a fan of his team?

I dislike him when he inserts himself too heavily into football operations. That’s what GMs are for.

It’s because I am a fan of this team that I am critical of him. Don’t mistake blind loyalty for a virtue.

4 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

I dislike him when he inserts himself too heavily into football operations. That’s what GMs are for.

It’s because I am a fan of this team that I am critical of him. Don’t mistake blind loyalty for a virtue.

Virtue? You take yourself and your Fandom way too serious. The NFL is a rich man's game that you, me nor anyone else has any power or control of. Getting bent out of shape over something you have no say so in is a waste of time. 

7 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Virtue? You take yourself and your Fandom way too serious. The NFL is a rich man's game that you, me nor anyone else has any power or control of. Getting bent out of shape over something you have no say so in is a waste of time. 

You’re the one getting all heated cuz I disagree with a billionaire.

We need to pray that Dallas makes a good run and the Chargers win a game to take them off the list for Sean Payton.  Then turn around and draft his QB of choice and let them grow.  No doubt that Payton would give that QB a direct line to Brees to pick his brain on running Sean’s offense.  That’s the dream scenario. 

The nightmare scenario is Irsay feeling guilty about attaching the moniker of “worst interim coach in football history” to Jeff’s legacy and brings him back so he can try to salvage both of their reputations.  Just give Jeff a front office position and get the right coach in here Mr Irsay.

Under the dream scenario, Irsay could quietly say Jeff was brought on to ensure the tank to make sure we got the right QB. Even if it isn’t true and he wanted Jeff to succeed. 

19 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

To the OP's question. I sure hope so. I am very worried Irsay has lost it lately though and is going to do something brain dead like let Jeff coach next season.

I hope I'm not jinxing this by saying this but I doubt it. Saturday was a PR move. And really Reich had to go, he was terrible. 

But clue people, we are not getting Harbaugh or Payton. Time to acknowledge reality. 

6 hours ago, bluebombers87 said:

Spot on. There are a few on here that wear blinders when it comes to discussing Irsay, the dysfunctional owner.

6 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

To the OP's question. I sure hope so. I am very worried Irsay has lost it lately though and is going to do something brain dead like let Jeff coach next season.

Exactly. He's become a loose cannon. I doubt a top notch coach or GM would want to come to Indy because of him.

Archived