Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Parris Campbell

JediXMan

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We’re wasting him. He needs 10 targets a game. So many times the middle of the field is open and we refuse to work that slant over the middle to Campbell. We finally did it once on the last drive for like an easy 15 yard gain.  Parks & Matt left me very disappointed today.  Too much Dulin on the field over Campbell on 1st downs was stupid. And to make matters worse, they kept trying to be sneaky & throw in those situations. Throw with Campbell in the game please. He’s our best possession receiver and needs to be used as such. And Granson with only 1 target was criminally negligent. 

1 hour ago, Smoke317 said:

We’re wasting him. He needs 10 targets a game. So many times the middle of the field is open and we refuse to work that slant over the middle to Campbell. We finally did it once on the last drive for like an easy 15 yard gain.  Parks & Matt left me very disappointed today.  Too much Dulin on the field over Campbell on 1st downs was stupid. And to make matters worse, they kept trying to be sneaky & throw in those situations. Throw with Campbell in the game please. He’s our best possession receiver and needs to be used as such. And Granson with only 1 target was criminally negligent. 

Parks was the second choice and he’s not ready.  If Jeff comes back I would expect he will bring in an experienced OC.

3 hours ago, JediXMan said:

Hope the Colts bring him back. Also hopefully Pierce continues to develop, Pittman,Pierce and Campbell could be a nice trio moving forward.

Campbell stinks…he’ll make a good play every now and then but he’s really not good at all and drops way to many passes.We need consistency at the wideout position each week not Campbell playing for us.

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I doubt he will want to come back. He is earning himself a chance to have a few teams wanting to sign him.

Given his injury history, I doubt he will be a super hot commodity.  It makes sense for him and the Colts to work something out.

Posted in the other thread...

We paid 4.7M for 4 years. 

Injured years until now.

The 32nd best paid WR is 11M this year.

64th around 3-4M... 

So yes, we lost out on his cheap rook years, but he'll likely get 6-7M per year (if not more), and will want 3 min years... 

That assumes he continues to give us 50+ yard games.

He's averaged 70 yards in the last two games. 

Key, potentially game result changing drop of such an easy catch doesn’t help his resume.

I remember when the Colts drafted him (passing on my choices DK Metcalf), Reich was all giddy saying how they got such an exciting play making game changer and they couldn’t wait to get him into the offence.  Then Injuries wrecked the plan, but this year he’s failed to emerge and or the Colts have failed to uitilize him correctly.  I fear that his legacy will be injured too much, but when not injured, more of just a tease that lacks reliability.  

1 minute ago, rockywoj said:

Key, potentially game result changing drop of such an easy catch doesn’t help his resume.

I remember when the Colts drafted him (passing on my choices DK Metcalf), Reich was all giddy saying how they got such an exciting play making game changer and they couldn’t wait to get him into the offence.  Then Injuries wrecked the plan, but this year he’s failed to emerge and or the Colts have failed to uitilize him correctly.  I fear that his legacy will be injured too much, but when not injured, more of just a tease that lacks reliability.  

Failed to emerge? 

14 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Posted in the other thread...

We paid 4.7M for 4 years. 

Injured years until now.

The 32nd best paid WR is 11M this year.

64th around 3-4M... 

So yes, we lost out on his cheap rook years, but he'll likely get 6-7M per year (if not more), and will want 3 min years... 

That assumes he continues to give us 50+ yard games.

He's averaged 70 yards in the last two games. 

i don't think 6-7M a year is too much for campbell (if healthy ofc)

maybe contract can have injury stipulations or incentives

1 minute ago, AustinnKaine said:

i don't think 6-7M a year is too much for campbell (if healthy ofc)

maybe contract can have injury stipulations or incentives

It’s goinf to come down to who is the GM and will they sign Campbell and does he even want to be here. A new GM may not even think he is a priority. It’s too bad he wasn’t playing like this in his third year so a new GM had a chance to evaluate. Colts are not going to have this QB thing figured out by FA which hurts even more. It’s goinf to be Ryan it a rookie and does Campbell want to even be a part of that. 

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

It’s goinf to come down to who is the GM and will they sign Campbell and does he even want to be here. A new GM may not even think he is a priority. It’s too bad he wasn’t playing like this in his third year so a new GM had a chance to evaluate. Colts are not going to have this QB thing figured out by FA which hurts even more. It’s goinf to be Ryan it a rookie and does Campbell want to even be a part of that. 

yeah, if we have a new GM and they have a better option im okay with that too.

im just saying based off @EastStreet prediction, I think he's worth that amount, with injury stipulations and stuff like that

1 minute ago, AustinnKaine said:

im just saying based off @EastStreet prediction, I think he's worth that amount, with injury stipulations and stuff like that

I am not even thinking about what he will cost because I just don’t think he will be back. I think it will be him that doesn’t want too. 

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I am not even thinking about what he will cost because I just don’t think he will be back. I think it will be him that doesn’t want too. 

I could see him wanting a fresh start for multiple reasons. 

33 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

We have plenty of time (6 games) to watch PC and eval.

He's averaged 70 ypg the last two games since Jeff got here, and this week was a great pass D. 

He'll have enough vid for Ballard, or whomever the GM is. And for other GMs who might be interested. 

Now if he gets injured again in the last 6 games, that solves that...

I like his chances. 

17 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

We have plenty of time (6 games) to watch PC and eval.

He's averaged 70 ypg the last two games since Jeff got here, and this week was a great pass D. 

He'll have enough vid for Ballard, or whomever the GM is. And for other GMs who might be interested. 

Now if he gets injured again in the last 6 games, that solves that...

I like his chances. 

i do too. i got a good feeling hes gonna finish strong. 

1 hour ago, IndySouthsider said:

Too funny. Dudes gonna get paid. He won’t have to sign a prove it contract.

What? lol He has been injured for 3 years, this 11 games is the longest he has been healthy in his NFL career. He has 44 Rec for 440 yards and 3 TD in 11 games. Its not bad but he is not exactly lighting the league on fire. What makes you so sure he is going to get paid?

8 hours ago, cbear said:

When is Pitman's contract up and how much will he want? How does Pierce continue to develop? I think those things will play greatly into what we offer Campbell. Would be great to have all three, but I doubt it will happen. 

Pittman has one more year after this year. I thought he might get extended after this season but with all the stuff going on in the organization he won’t. 

16 hours ago, JediXMan said:

Hope the Colts bring him back. Also hopefully Pierce continues to develop, Pittman,Pierce and Campbell could be a nice trio moving forward.

Why waste money on WR when you have no QB or LT?  

This makes zero sense. 

Build the roster as it should.  Sell the parts that are superfluous to get the needed parts and rebuild. 

1 hour ago, throwing BBZ said:

Ryan plays with blinders on. That he is so miserable moving in the pocket, at all for that matter, is torture to watch.
 I have no doubt Irsay is still cringing watching him hold us back.

Campbell should protect himself for now, and go find a good QB.

I think Ryan sees the field, but he throws floaters on anything beyond 25 yards and checks down like clockwork. He seems to only attempt a longer pass along the sidelines. It is why the short passing game and run game is so contested as defenses adjust.

It becomes hard to watch as you know where he is going with the ball every time he drops back. He is getting backs crushed with his throws behind the LOS as the game goes on. He is just not keeping defenses honest - Taylor and the run game then suffer as a result. 

Archived