Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Parris Campbell


JediXMan
 Share

Recommended Posts

We’re wasting him. He needs 10 targets a game. So many times the middle of the field is open and we refuse to work that slant over the middle to Campbell. We finally did it once on the last drive for like an easy 15 yard gain.  Parks & Matt left me very disappointed today.  Too much Dulin on the field over Campbell on 1st downs was stupid. And to make matters worse, they kept trying to be sneaky & throw in those situations. Throw with Campbell in the game please. He’s our best possession receiver and needs to be used as such. And Granson with only 1 target was criminally negligent. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Smoke317 said:

We’re wasting him. He needs 10 targets a game. So many times the middle of the field is open and we refuse to work that slant over the middle to Campbell. We finally did it once on the last drive for like an easy 15 yard gain.  Parks & Matt left me very disappointed today.  Too much Dulin on the field over Campbell on 1st downs was stupid. And to make matters worse, they kept trying to be sneaky & throw in those situations. Throw with Campbell in the game please. He’s our best possession receiver and needs to be used as such. And Granson with only 1 target was criminally negligent. 

Parks was the second choice and he’s not ready.  If Jeff comes back I would expect he will bring in an experienced OC.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, JediXMan said:

Hope the Colts bring him back. Also hopefully Pierce continues to develop, Pittman,Pierce and Campbell could be a nice trio moving forward.

Campbell stinks…he’ll make a good play every now and then but he’s really not good at all and drops way to many passes.We need consistency at the wideout position each week not Campbell playing for us.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I doubt he will want to come back. He is earning himself a chance to have a few teams wanting to sign him.

 

Given his injury history, I doubt he will be a super hot commodity.  It makes sense for him and the Colts to work something out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted in the other thread...

 

We paid 4.7M for 4 years. 

Injured years until now.

 

The 32nd best paid WR is 11M this year.

64th around 3-4M... 

 

So yes, we lost out on his cheap rook years, but he'll likely get 6-7M per year (if not more), and will want 3 min years... 

That assumes he continues to give us 50+ yard games.

He's averaged 70 yards in the last two games. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Key, potentially game result changing drop of such an easy catch doesn’t help his resume.

 

I remember when the Colts drafted him (passing on my choices DK Metcalf), Reich was all giddy saying how they got such an exciting play making game changer and they couldn’t wait to get him into the offence.  Then Injuries wrecked the plan, but this year he’s failed to emerge and or the Colts have failed to uitilize him correctly.  I fear that his legacy will be injured too much, but when not injured, more of just a tease that lacks reliability.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, rockywoj said:

Key, potentially game result changing drop of such an easy catch doesn’t help his resume.

 

I remember when the Colts drafted him (passing on my choices DK Metcalf), Reich was all giddy saying how they got such an exciting play making game changer and they couldn’t wait to get him into the offence.  Then Injuries wrecked the plan, but this year he’s failed to emerge and or the Colts have failed to uitilize him correctly.  I fear that his legacy will be injured too much, but when not injured, more of just a tease that lacks reliability.  

Failed to emerge? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Posted in the other thread...

 

We paid 4.7M for 4 years. 

Injured years until now.

 

The 32nd best paid WR is 11M this year.

64th around 3-4M... 

 

So yes, we lost out on his cheap rook years, but he'll likely get 6-7M per year (if not more), and will want 3 min years... 

That assumes he continues to give us 50+ yard games.

He's averaged 70 yards in the last two games. 

i don't think 6-7M a year is too much for campbell (if healthy ofc)

maybe contract can have injury stipulations or incentives

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, AustinnKaine said:

i don't think 6-7M a year is too much for campbell (if healthy ofc)

maybe contract can have injury stipulations or incentives

It’s goinf to come down to who is the GM and will they sign Campbell and does he even want to be here. A new GM may not even think he is a priority. It’s too bad he wasn’t playing like this in his third year so a new GM had a chance to evaluate. Colts are not going to have this QB thing figured out by FA which hurts even more. It’s goinf to be Ryan it a rookie and does Campbell want to even be a part of that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

It’s goinf to come down to who is the GM and will they sign Campbell and does he even want to be here. A new GM may not even think he is a priority. It’s too bad he wasn’t playing like this in his third year so a new GM had a chance to evaluate. Colts are not going to have this QB thing figured out by FA which hurts even more. It’s goinf to be Ryan it a rookie and does Campbell want to even be a part of that. 

yeah, if we have a new GM and they have a better option im okay with that too.

 

im just saying based off @EastStreet prediction, I think he's worth that amount, with injury stipulations and stuff like that

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, AustinnKaine said:

yeah, if we have a new GM and they have a better option im okay with that too.

 

im just saying based off @EastStreet prediction, I think he's worth that amount, with injury stipulations and stuff like that

I am not even thinking about what he will cost because I just don’t think he will be back. I think it will be him that doesn’t want too. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

yeah, if we have a new GM and they have a better option im okay with that too.

 

im just saying based off @EastStreet prediction, I think he's worth that amount, with injury stipulations and stuff like that

 

We have plenty of time (6 games) to watch PC and eval.

He's averaged 70 ypg the last two games since Jeff got here, and this week was a great pass D. 

He'll have enough vid for Ballard, or whomever the GM is. And for other GMs who might be interested. 

Now if he gets injured again in the last 6 games, that solves that...

I like his chances. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

 

We have plenty of time (6 games) to watch PC and eval.

He's averaged 70 ypg the last two games since Jeff got here, and this week was a great pass D. 

He'll have enough vid for Ballard, or whomever the GM is. And for other GMs who might be interested. 

Now if he gets injured again in the last 6 games, that solves that...

I like his chances. 

i do too. i got a good feeling hes gonna finish strong. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, IndySouthsider said:

Too funny. Dudes gonna get paid. He won’t have to sign a prove it contract.

What? lol He has been injured for 3 years, this 11 games is the longest he has been healthy in his NFL career. He has 44 Rec for 440 yards and 3 TD in 11 games. Its not bad but he is not exactly lighting the league on fire. What makes you so sure he is going to get paid?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, cbear said:

When is Pitman's contract up and how much will he want? How does Pierce continue to develop? I think those things will play greatly into what we offer Campbell. Would be great to have all three, but I doubt it will happen. 

Pittman has one more year after this year. I thought he might get extended after this season but with all the stuff going on in the organization he won’t. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, JediXMan said:

Hope the Colts bring him back. Also hopefully Pierce continues to develop, Pittman,Pierce and Campbell could be a nice trio moving forward.

Why waste money on WR when you have no QB or LT?  

 

This makes zero sense. 

 

Build the roster as it should.  Sell the parts that are superfluous to get the needed parts and rebuild. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, throwing BBZ said:

 Ryan plays with blinders on. That he is so miserable moving in the pocket, at all for that matter, is torture to watch.
 I have no doubt Irsay is still cringing watching him hold us back.

  Campbell should protect himself for now, and go find a good QB.

I think Ryan sees the field, but he throws floaters on anything beyond 25 yards and checks down like clockwork. He seems to only attempt a longer pass along the sidelines. It is why the short passing game and run game is so contested as defenses adjust.

It becomes hard to watch as you know where he is going with the ball every time he drops back. He is getting backs crushed with his throws behind the LOS as the game goes on. He is just not keeping defenses honest - Taylor and the run game then suffer as a result. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Good post   One could even say he had 3 good years and 1 average year. OL played better the 2nd half of the season and probably why they were ranked right on the middle of the league. If we are going to blame him for the struggles do we also give him credit for starting to turn it around?  Maybe Saturday was a driving force with this too.    I personally don’t know if he is a good coach or not.  All stats are basically coming from post on this board. I watched the Colts differently this year by not breaking down film and just enjoying the games as entertainment like a movie.  However, on the surface the OL doesn’t appear as bad as some seem to think it was.  Thank you for posting the rankings. 
    • Great QB, I hated him as a player but respected him as a competitor. IMO, he and Peyton had the best football rivalry of all-time. People always bring up Eli beating Tom Brady twice in the SB but Peyton was 3-1 vs Brady in AFC Title Games which were the real SB's in those years, 2006 was the SB. To me Tom Brady and Peyton are the best QB's I have ever seen other than Joe Montana by the eye test. I was at the 4th and 2 game in 2009, thanks for the memories Tom.
    • Your view is the prevailing view here.   But it’s not really supported by the full facts.      The PFF rankings for the Colts OL:   2018:  3rd.   DD   2019:  3rd.   CS 2020:  7th.   CS 2021:   10th:  CS    2022:    17th.  CS.  This is the year the line falls off and frankly I don’t understand how the line is ranked this high? To be clear:   The line play was fine for Strausser’s first three years.  And unacceptable this year.   Im not arguing that Strausser should keep his job.  I’m only saying he’s only had one bad year. 
    • The line has got worse every year under Strausser. Doesn’t mean DD was a great coach but Strausser has been a fail.  The line has got worse and U have to believe he had a voice in Ballard believing Pryor and Pinter were ready to handle LT and RG. 
  • Members

    • coltsfan77

      coltsfan77 85

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • stitches

      stitches 13,031

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • IndyD4U

      IndyD4U 1,194

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • AwesomeAustin

      AwesomeAustin 1,940

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • NewColtsFan

      NewColtsFan 16,099

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • DaColts85

      DaColts85 910

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Tsarquise

      Tsarquise 834

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Behle

      Behle 79

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Jared Cisneros

      Jared Cisneros 6,026

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Zoltan

      Zoltan 2,104

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...