Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Parris Campbell

JediXMan

16 hours ago, NFLfan said:

What makes you so sure?

He’s spent most of his contract injured, and he’s a free agent next year. Even healthy, his play has been unremarkable. He’s getting more snaps to build his value. Since it’s unlikely Ballard will be GM next season, a lot of players will be moving on and Campbell will likely be one of them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

He will laugh at that and walk away. He is going to have options next season. If I was him I would try and get in a better QB situation that will use his talents better.  

If that's what he wants to do then so be it. Finding a better QB situation would be smart on his part. I don't see him having a great market.

31 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I'm with @Moosejawcolton this.  I think he might be our most talented receiver at this point.  I think he could be more of a threat than Pittman, and of course AP is just a rookie.   Keep PC, let Pitt walk if he wants to get paid ( or trade him).   Of course, PC must stay healthy.

The fact we don’t use him like the cowboys use lamb and just ridiculous. Why are we using our fastest receiver as a pocession reciever.

10 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

He is one player that actually had trade interest before the deadline. 

I didn't know that. He's not a bad receiver in my eyes, but spending most of your rookie contract injured just to be healthy for the last year dosnt earn a big contract in my book. Out of his hands and he took it all in stride.

I'd stick with one year prove it. Not a dirt cheap one because there is talent. Not a great deal either. If he leaves then hopefully we get a late round comp pick.

7 minutes ago, KB said:

I didn't know that. He's not a bad receiver in my eyes, but spending most of your rookie contract injured just to be healthy for the last year dosnt earn a big contract in my book. Out of his hands and he took it all in stride.

I'd stick with one year prove it. Not a dirt cheap one because there is talent. Not a great deal either. If he leaves then hopefully we get a late round comp pick.

No one is saying he will get big dollars. But two years at 5 or 6 million a year isn’t out of question. And for him it may not come down to money. He might just want to go to a better situation that will use him in the right way. 

Whether Ballard stays or goes I think will be the biggest reason if he stays or goes. It probably goes up a little bit if Ballard stays or Dodds or brown become a GM. His family is also rooted here in Indy. His oldest is in school now ect with a beautiful home. Maybe that keeps him wanting to stay. We just have to see what comes of thE GM situation.

I'd resign him for a reasonable 2 year deal with health-based incentives (if that's a thing). Nothing crazy, but reflective of both how he's performed when on the field and how much time he hasn't been. I think PC at this point in his career could be an absolute weapon with the right OC and a solid (not even spectacular) QB.

I don't see us not resigning Pittman. When we've had competent QB play (and sometimes when we haven't), he's been pretty dominant.

5 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

No one is saying he will get big dollars. But two years at 5 or 6 million a year isn’t out of question. And for him it may not come down to money. He might just want to go to a better situation that will use him in the right way. 

Whether Ballard stays or goes I think will be the biggest reason if he stays or goes. It probably goes up a little bit if Ballard stays or Dodds or brown become a GM. His family is also rooted here in Indy. His oldest is in school now ect with a beautiful home. Maybe that keeps him wanting to stay. We just have to see what comes of thE GM situation.

The Colts have really been in his corner as he has fought his way through his injuries.  We are the team that drafted him.  He has established roots here.  I would hope that accounts for something and he returns on a reasonable and maybe an incentive laden deal.  

6 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

2 years at that rate wouldn't be to bad. Would pretty much stay along the lines healthy and you'll get a nice contract.

2 minutes ago, KB said:

2 years at that rate wouldn't be to bad. Would pretty much stay along the lines healthy and you'll get a nice contract.

Pretty sure pascal was making that it close. That’s not that much. But he might take a cheaper deal that’s shorter from another team that will use him right because that would help his future earnings if he stays healthy.

4 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

The Colts have really been in his corner as he has fought his way through his injuries.  We are the team that drafted him.  He has established roots here.  I would hope that accounts for something and he returns on a reasonable and maybe an incentive laden deal.  

That’s why I say it probably goes up if Ballard is still the GM. Or Dodds or brown. A new GM won’t feel he is a priority.  Big chance colts lose a bunch of FA with a new GM. Thinking same for Okereke and speed. 

13 minutes ago, Shive said:

I'd resign him for a reasonable 2 year deal with health-based incentives (if that's a thing). Nothing crazy, but reflective of both how he's performed when on the field and how much time he hasn't been. I think PC at this point in his career could be an absolute weapon with the right OC and a solid (not even spectacular) QB.

I don't see us not resigning Pittman. When we've had competent QB play (and sometimes when we haven't), he's been pretty dominant.

Who the coach and OC is could go along way in convincing him to stay. He isn’t a poscession  WR like colts have used him. He needs to be used like lamb and Deebo.

The reason I say if there is a new GM who comes from the outside chances are smaller he comes back because they are going to have a lot on their plate to evaluate. There is no personal connection with any players here.  

The sad thing is he will hit FA before we know who the QB is. What if stroud dropped in draft and he ends up on colts? I imagine that would be a huge incentive for him to come play with a OSU guy.

7 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

That’s why I say it probably goes up if Ballard is still the GM. Or Dodds or brown. A new GM won’t feel he is a priority.  Big chance colts lose a bunch of FA with a new GM. Thinking same for Okereke and speed. 

Those are other reasons why I think Ballard stays. Our players know he drafted them and they have seen him pay his own. That should help retain the key guys we want to keep.

On 11/20/2022 at 4:52 PM, chad72 said:

Parris separates at a much better level than Pittman or Pierce. I have a bad feeling he is gone to another team with a stable elite QB where he can shine on a 1 or 2 year deal for his future.

pittman and and pierce before the draft were known as being good at contested catches, could it  be because they seldom get separation

56 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

The fact we don’t use him like the cowboys use lamb and just ridiculous. Why are we using our fastest receiver as a pocession reciever.

I think his shorter routes have him in space and on the move.  I don't think he's running a lot of outs or come backs, etc. where its expected he's going to be stopped immediately upon catching the ball, but I could be wrong about how many times he runs those routes.

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

If I were him I would go to the team that paid me the most money.

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

I think his shorter routes have him in space and on the move.  I don't think he's running a lot of outs or come backs, etc. where its expected he's going to be stopped immediately upon catching the ball, but I could be wrong about how many times he runs those routes.

I think Ryan throwing the ball late and timing being off is also hurting him. 

I think we'll have a small exodus after the season honestly.

Those that are going to be FA's I think will look for a place with less drama than we'll have. By drama I mean a team that will be evaluated from top to bottom. 

If money was the same, I'd be gone honestly and I'm saying that as a Colts fan.

Archived