Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Post your message to Joe Thomas

EastStreet

5 minutes ago, coltsva said:

Dear Joe and Bill, 

Seeing the two of you, and dozens of other former coaches and players, go  from coach/player straight to TV analyst is a disgrace. It is a slap in the face to all those communication majors, who after college worked at menial jobs at small town TV & radio stations, working their way up the ranks to try and get a big time broadcasting job. Shame on all of you. 

Good point and good post!

I just think it's wild he can say that the Jeff Saturday move was the worst thing he has seen in the NFL. Does he not remember what happened around him throughout his whole career. Tons of more horrifically, historically bad moves were made then Joe in case you need reminding.

Joe and Bill are right. It is a slap in the face to head coaches when someone with no coaching experience comes in and wins their first game. :D  Maybe football can be made simpler and still be successful. My dream of becoming an NFL head coach was just rekindled thanks to Jeff Saturday. haha

Go Colts!

12 hours ago, coltsva said:

Dear Joe and Bill, 

Seeing the two of you, and dozens of other former coaches and players, go  from coach/player straight to TV analyst is a disgrace. It is a slap in the face to all those communication majors, who after college worked at menial jobs at small town TV & radio stations, working their way up the ranks to try and get a big time broadcasting job. Shame on all of you. 

Hilarious. Thought the same... 

But we all know the sports media jobs have a very very low bar.. lol. 

Many guys without coaching experience can actually be good head coaches if they have a good QB to lead the team already and a close nit team like we do. Also the coach without experience can coach if he has played for winning teams for years. Jeff played with guys like Peyton and Reggie, was coached by Dungy. Look at Larry Bird, he had 0 coaching experience but he walked into a team that had Reggie Miller and a lot of guys that were good Vets that wanted to win. Larry almost took out the Bulls in 1998 and we made a Finals in 2000. We lost to Kobe and Shaq but most did.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Many guys without coaching experience can actually be good head coaches if they have a good QB to lead the team already and a close nit team like we do. Also the coach without experience can coach if he has played for winning teams for years. Jeff played with guys like Peyton and Reggie, was coached by Dungy. Look at Larry Bird, he had 0 coaching experience but he walked into a team that Reggie Miller and a lot of guys that were goo d Vets that wanted to win. Larry almost took out the Bulls in 1998 and we made a Finals in 2000. We lost to Kobe and Shaq but most did.

I found it interesting when Deion took the HC at Jackson State, after dabbling with HS. Media applauded it because of optics/politics, but nobody questioned that he jumped the line ahead of hard working experienced HBCU coaches. I loved the move, and love Deion. But media always have convenient and lazy arguments at times, and ignore the same stuff when they want. And Deion is killing it! Hope he comes to the NFL at some point as a HC. 

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

I found it interesting when Deion took the HC at Jackson State, after dabbling with HS. Media applauded it because of optics/politics, but nobody questioned that he jumped the line ahead of hard working experienced HBCU coaches. I loved the move, and love Deion. But media always have convenient and lazy arguments at times, and ignore the same stuff when they want. And Deion is killing it! Hope he comes to the NFL at some point as a HC. 

Yeah that is true, I did not even think about Deion. He is killing it in college too. He just knows football and is a winner. He was around guys like Steve Young and Troy Aikman in his playing days. That means a lot, some guys just have it like that. It is rare but I had a feeling Jeff would be ok at worse because of his background playing with winners and his football knowledge. 

22 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah that is true, I did not even think about Deion. He is killing it in college too. He just knows football and is a winner. He was around guys like Steve Young and Troy Aikman in his playing days. That means a lot, some guys just have it like that. It is rare but I had a feeling Jeff would be ok at worse because of his background playing with winners and his football knowledge. 

Deion has always been a smart guy. And his history as a player, and charisma helps too. Great recruiter too. 

I could either see him as a SEC HC, or jumping to the NFL. Likely first SEC, then NFL. Would love him at TAMU. 

13 hours ago, coltsva said:

Dear Joe and Bill, 

Great post!!    100% true.  I think they are just jealous because it is not the road they took (coaches I mean).    

16 hours ago, Trace Pyott said:

Yah you got rapist after rapist in the nfl, woman beaters , and Mike Vick abusing animals but oh the humanity, the colts hired Jeff Saturday. It’s the worst thing to happen in the history of the nfl. Lol hyperbole much????  What a joke. 

You know, that's actually a good point. I mean, the Browns are paying Watson how many millions of dollars to be the face of their franchise? 

Just now, Mighty Blue said:

Hey joe palooka,

Say, that to Mr. Saturday’s face.

By the way, who are you?

NFL Channel gave Jeff a game ball (weekly thing on Monday), and IIRC, gave another to Parks.

Wonder if Joe is on the NFL Channel today. Hope so... Or maybe we have to wait till Thursday. 

30 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Deion has always been a smart guy. And his history as a player, and charisma helps too. Great recruiter too. 

I could either see him as a SEC HC, or jumping to the NFL. Likely first SEC, then NFL. Would love him at TAMU. 

I think Deion could coach in the NFL right now. I think he would be better than guys like Lovie in Houston who has tons more experience and has went to a SB with Chicago. I also think if he was coaching the Raiders, they would not be 2-7. That is just opinion but my 2 cents. He would be better than McGoober.

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think Deion could coach in the NFL right now. I think he would be better than guys like Lovie in Houston who has tons more experience and has went to a SB with Chicago. I also think if he was coaching the Raiders, they would not be 2-7. That is just opinion but my 2 cents. He would be better than McGoober.

I'm confident he'd be good in college, especially due to his recruiting ability. 

Coinflip in the NFL. A lot of his success at JSU is due to recruiting. 

5 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I'm confident he'd be good in college, especially due to his recruiting ability. 

Coinflip in the NFL. A lot of his success at JSU is due to recruiting. 

Yeah his recruiting skills helps because of his name. He should go somewhere like Miami to revive that program. They were the team of the 80's and were great up until around 2002. It is funny because he played for Florida St and that was a huge rival, so I doubt he would do that but that would be a big story.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah his recruiting skills helps because of his name. He should go somewhere like Miami to revive that program. They were the team of the 80's and were great up until around 2002. It is funny because he played Florida St and that was a huge rival, so I doubt he would do that but that would be a big story.

I could see TAMU (or any school in TX), or FSU. But probably not Miami. 

My rank...

1. TAMU - Jimbo will be gone....
  2. Auburn - already fired HC
  3. TX and OK - Both going to the SEC, and Sark's and Venable's seats are warm
  4. FSU - likely not this next season, but never know
  5. Miami - seat is a little warm, but just hired MC. 

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

I could see TAMU (or any school in TX), or FSU. But probably not Miami. 

My rank...

1. TAMU - Jimbo will be gone....
  2. Auburn - already fired HC
  3. TX and OK - Both going to the SEC, and Sark's and Venable's seats are warm
  4. FSU - likely not this next season, but never know
  5. Miami - seat is a little warm, but just hired MC. 

Yeah TAMU is a huge disappointment. I thought they would be good. 

Just now, EastStreet said:

SEC West is the best division in the nation. Hard place to win. 

And SEC East looks better too, year by year... 

Overall, SEC kills the nation IMO. 

LSU has shocked me, people were mocking Kelly and he has proved everyone wrong. They are 7-2 and beat Alabama. Tennessee with Hooker is really good, Georgia is a machine. 

I love the Final 4 with Georgia #1, Ohio St #2, Michigan #3, TCU at #4. TCU is like last years Cincinnati. That game between Ohio St and Michigan will swing things because the loser may be out and Tennessee may get back in??

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

LSU has shocked me, people were mocking Kelly and he has proved everyone wrong. They are 7-2 and beat Alabama. Tennessee with Hooker is really good, Georgia is a machine. 

I love the Final 4 with Georgia #1, Ohio St #2, Michigan #3, TCU at #4. TCU is like last years Cincinnati. That game between Ohio St and Michigan will swing things because the loser may be out and Tennessee may get back in??

LSU was a mess. When Coach O was fired, a ton of transfers, and a ton of decommits. And LSU had to go with a transfer QB. 

And is the SECW champ in BK's first year. 

All the BK haters are hilarious... sooooo salty every time BK wins this year. 

Thomas and Cowher are eating crow today, they both deserve to get roasted like they are.

Jeff was a questionable move for sure but they acted like this was the worst thing they had ever seen in their lives. Joe is a massive hot take blow hard that also said the Browns should consider him for head coachhaha

5 hours ago, BlackTiger said:

Thomas and Cowher are eating crow today, they both deserve to get roasted like they are.

Jeff was a questionable move for sure but they acted like this was the worst thing they had ever seen in their lives. Joe is a massive hot take blow hard that also said the Browns should consider him for head coachhaha

Yep. I always say it is the way people word things. If those 2 would have just disagreed with the move and thought it was a bad hire that would have been fine. Those dudes acted like it was the end of the world when we hired Jeff. The words they used sounded like 8th grade stuff.

Archived