Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kwity Paye Injury (Merged)

csmopar

Just now, chickenMan said:

If they feared some kind of tear, I doubt they’d let him walk on it, so that’s hopefully a good sign

Players walk off with torn acls all the time.  With that said the news that the Colts don’t expect anything serious is good news.  Like I said yesterday doctors normally know what the injury is before the MRI but they need the MRI to confirm it so if the doctors are telling the Colts he should be ok that’s the best news we could hear right now.

9 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Players walk off with torn acls all the time.  With that said the news that the Colts don’t expect anything serious is good news.  Like I said yesterday doctors normally know what the injury is before the MRI but they need the MRI to confirm it so if the doctors are telling the Colts he should be ok that’s the best news we could hear right now.

Yeah I know, I’m just saying that since the training staff didn’t look at it too much and they let him walk off instead of carting him off, they must think the chance of tear is low

1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

Doesn't an ACL tear typically involve significant swelling and if they thought he might have one, they would have gotten ice on that knee ASAP?  

7 minutes ago, BeanDiasucci said:

Doesn't an ACL tear typically involve significant swelling and if they thought he might have one, they would have gotten ice on that knee ASAP?  

He did have an ice wrap on his knee ASAP.  That’s pretty standard with any injury though.

47 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

I’m hoping Lewis is going to have a good year.

He might end up getting more time than Dayo. 

Me too. I am pulling for Lewis after the improvement he has been showing but he’s more a edge setter than a pass rusher which has its role in the defense for sure.

9 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Me too. I am pulling for Lewis after the improvement he has been showing but he’s more a edge setter than a pass rusher which has its role in the defense for sure.

He probably would be good at that same spot as Paye. They are pretty similiar. I imagine he is pages backup or next in the rotation.

7 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

He probably would be good at that same spot as Paye. They are pretty similiar. I imagine he is pages backup or next in the rotation.

Yeah I think he would be the guy to fill in for Paye.  It would be interesting to see what they do on passing down do they leave Lewis on the edge and bring Dayo in for Grover or slide Lewis inside for Grover and put Dayo on the edge.  On run downs though I agree Lewis would play edge in place of Paye.

11 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Good to hear what it is officially.  Can take 1 to 2 months to heal.  I don’t think he will play Saturday but I bet he goes week one.

Years ago I wrecked a dirt bike and had a bone bruise on my shoulder and it took 3-4 months before I could move it without pain. It was the worst injury I’ve ever had and that includes an ACL and meniscus tear.  I hope it doesn’t linger for Paye bc I’m expecting a nice jump in production for him this year. 

1 minute ago, AwesomeAustin said:

Years ago I wrecked a dirt bike and had a bone bruise on my shoulder and it took 3-4 months before I could move it without pain. It was the worst injury I’ve ever had and that includes an ACL and meniscus tear.  I hope it doesn’t linger for Paye bc I’m expecting a nice jump in production for him this year. 

Yeah I looked up one for the knee but I saw later some can take longer to heal, others can heal in a couple of days.  Hopefully it doesn’t linger like you said.

4 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah I looked up one for the knee but I saw later some can take longer to heal, others can heal in a couple of days.  Hopefully it doesn’t linger like you said.

It’s still early but it’s looking like they aren’t too worried about it so probably not severe. These guys play through a lot of pain 

According to WebMd, bruise bone is a 2-3 months recovery. It will restrict his knee from streching and balance. I think the Colts will down play it but he is on the shelf for half of the season. We need to sign some replacement  Let us see what Ballard magic can do.

Archived