Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Gavin Mock Draft 2022 -- Make your Picks here. Big Board and Full Draft Order included on 1st Page

4 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Trade up was a bit lopsided, but I was afraid of the Cowboys or Falcons sniping me with that pick. Cowboys lost Gregory to the Broncos, and Falcons need an EDGE. Also, neither took an EDGE so far in the draft. So I had to protect myself. If Hall works out, losing a 6th rounder means nothing in the long run.

Sure I was planning for the cowboys but had backup plan so ok giving up the pick

• Like 1

Thursday, Picks 57 through 76

57) Buffalo Bills -- @LV-FrontRow                          Kenneth Walker III, RB, Michigan State
58) Atlanta Falcons (from Tennessee Titans)           Leo Chanal, LB, Wisconsin
59) Green Bay Packers @stitches 7:20                    Tariq Woolen, CB, UTSA 
60) Tampa Bay Buccaneers (commissioner's pick)  DeMarvin Leal, DL5T, Texas A&M
61) San Francisco 49ers  (Commissioner's pick)      Jalen Pitre, S, Baylor
62) Kansas City Chiefs  @Colt.45                         Dameon Pierce, RB, Florida
63) Cincinnati Bengals @stitches  Josh Paschal, EDGE, Kentucky
64) Denver Broncos (from Rams) @Jared Cisneros Chad Muma, LB, Wyoming

(Continuing on Thursday, 4/21/22; all times EDT)

Round 3

65) Jacksonville Jaguars  @Kangaroo                       Darian Kinnard OG Kentucky

66) Detroit Lions  @RNGDShobby                            Skyy Moore, WR, Western Michigan
67) New York Giants @Clem-Dog                            Jamaree Salyer OG Georgia
68) Houston Texans @John Hammonds                    Greg Dulcich, TE, UCLA
69) Vikings (from New York Jets)**  @VikingsFanInChennai Perrion Winfrey, DL, Oklahoma 
70) Jacksonville Jaguars (from Carolina Panthers) @Kangaroo John Metchi III WR Alabama.
71) Chicago Bears  @csmopar                                Jalen Tolbert WR- South Alabama
72) Seattle Seahawks @VikingsFanInChennai          Nicholas Petit-Frere, OT, Ohio State 
73) Broncos From Cowboys** (from Colts, Commanders) @Jared Cisneros Logan Hall, EDGE, Houston
74) Atlanta Falcons @PureLuck                                  Nick Cross, S, Maryland
75) Cowboys from Broncos**   @VikingsFanInChennai    NIK BONITTO, EDGE, Oklahoma 
76) Baltimore Ravens @WarGhost21                         Damone Clark, ILB, LSU

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

@VikingsFanInChennai You are next for the Cowboys. And then we will end it with @WarGhost21 for the Ravens.

@WarGhost21,  the Ravens fan @The Old Crow says he likes the picks for the Ravens so far. 

Ready and waiting! And thanks @The Old Crow, I'm glad I could make you proud! Here's hoping you like my next target as well!

• Like 1

With the 75th overall pick in 2022 Gavin's mock draft, 

Dallas Cowboys select 

NIK BONITTO, EDGE, Oklahoma 

Cowboys got a great CB in the first round, and a potential upside edge rusher to help Lawrence up in the front. Cowboys defense could get scary, still more time to get Dak weapons on the other side of the field. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WarGhost21 said:

Ready and waiting! And thanks @The Old Crow, I'm glad I could make you proud! Here's hoping you like my next target as well!

@WarGhost21you're on the clock 

4 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Little confused here. Were you taking Hall or did you just have a backup plan in case I stole your pick but ultimately I didn't?

I was okay with either Hall or Bonitto, I think Bonitto addresses the need and value both here, so all good. 

• Like 1

With the 76th pick in the 2022 Gavin Mock Draft, the Baltimore Ravens select:

Damone Clark, ILB, LSU

Clark took a massive step forward in 2022, dramatically improving as a pass defender and upping his tackle total to lead the SEC in both tackles and T/G, with 135 and 11.2 respectively. His impressive size and speed will be a great fit in the multiple defensive alignments put out by Baltimore. Clark will be joining his former linebacker mate at LSU in Patrick Queen to help shore up the position for the long-term.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

@WarGhost21you're on the clock 

I was okay with either Hall or Bonitto, I think Bonitto addresses the need and value both here, so all good. 

Cool cool. So it worked out for both of us. I got to choose my guy for an extra 6th. :) I had a hunch there lol! Kinda like Ballard with Jonathan Taylor moving up 3 spots in the second to get him! :) 

I will go through the list of players available now tonight and pick tomorrow, probably will send you a message with the selection as it would be too early for me tomorrow. 

It's also perfect timing for Vikings to assess a lot all night and come to a decision. Perfect! 

Just now, NFLfan said:

@VikingsFanInChennai would you like to pick for the Vikings tonight or tomorrow. You would be first tomorrow. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Cool cool. So it worked out for both of us. I got to choose my guy for an extra 6th. :) I had a hunch there lol! Kinda like Ballard with Jonathan Taylor moving up 3 spots in the second to get him! :) 

Yeah, JT was a great pick, it would've been heart breaking to miss out that kinda talent so it's always better to move up and get him when there's a partner to do so. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

@VikingsFanInChennai would you like to pick for the Vikings tonight or tomorrow. You would be first tomorrow. 

Happy, actually with all the trade down and picking a different position with the 69th pick, I still got the CB I was looking for.. But will check more overnight. Probably watch his film and see if I really like him. 

• Like 1

(Scroll above for Thursday's draft picks #57 through #76)

For Friday, 4/22/22, (continuing with 3rd Round)   All times EDT
77) Minnesota Vikings @VikingsFanInChennai Cam Taylor-Britt, S/CB, Nebraska   
78) Cleveland Browns @LV-FrontRow 7:10 PM
79) Los Angeles Chargers  @PRnum1 7:20 PM
80) Houston Texans (from New Orleans Saints)  @John Hammonds 7:30PM
81) New York Giants (from Miami Dolphins)  @Clem-Dog 7:40PM
82) Atlanta Falcons (from Indianapolis Colts)  @PureLuck 7:50PM
83) Philadelphia Eagles  @runthepost  8:00PM
84) Pittsburgh Steelers   @Zoltan  8:10 PM
85) New England Patriots @Archer 8:20 PM
86) Las Vegas Raiders  @LV-FrontRow 8:30 PM
87) Arizona Cardinals  (Commissioner's pick)
88) Dallas Cowboys  @VikingsFanInChennai 8:40 PM
89) Buffalo Bills  @LV-FrontRow 8:50 PM
90) Eagles (from Tennessee Titans)** @runthepost 9:00PM
91) Tampa Bay Buccaneers  (Commissioner's pick)
92) Green Bay Packers @stitches 9:10 PM
93) San Francisco 49ers (Commissioner's Pick)
94) Kansas City Chiefs @Colt .45 9:20 PM
95) Cincinnati Bengals  @stitches9:30 PM
96) Denver Broncos (from Los Angeles Rams) @Jared Cisneros 9:40
97) Detroit Lions (compensatory selection) @RNGDShobby 9:50
98) New Orleans Saints (compensatory selection) @SaturdayAllDay 10:00

(If folks wish to stay past 10PM EDT to finish third round)
99) Cleveland Browns (special compensatory selection) 10:10
100) Baltimore Ravens (special compensatory selection)  10:20
101) Philadelphia Eagles (from New Orleans Saints; special compensatory selection)  10:30
102) Miami Dolphins (from San Francisco 49ers; special compensatory selection) 10:40
103) Kansas City Chiefs (special compensatory selection) 10:50
104) Los Angeles Rams (special compensatory selection)  11:00
105) San Francisco 49ers (special compensatory selection) Commissioner's pick

(End of third round)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

(Scroll above for Thursday's draft picks #57 through #76)

For Friday, 4/22/22, (continuing with 3rd Round)   All times EDT
77) Minnesota Vikings @VikingsFanInChennai 7:00 PM
78) Cleveland Browns @LV-FrontRow 7:10 PM
79) Los Angeles Chargers  @PRnum1 7:20 PM
80) Houston Texans (from New Orleans Saints)  @John Hammonds 7:30PM
81) New York Giants (from Miami Dolphins)  @Clem-Dog 7:40PM
82) Atlanta Falcons (from Indianapolis Colts)  @PureLuck 7:50PM
83) Philadelphia Eagles  @runthepost  8:00PM
85) New England Patriots @Archer 8:20 PM
86) Las Vegas Raiders  @LV-FrontRow 8:30 PM
88) Dallas Cowboys  @VikingsFanInChennai 8:40 PM
89) Buffalo Bills  @LV-FrontRow 8:50 PM
90) Eagles (from Tennessee Titans)** @runthepost 9:00PM
92) Green Bay Packers @stitches 9:10 PM
94) Kansas City Chiefs @Colt .45 9:20 PM
95) Cincinnati Bengals  @stitches9:30 PM
96) Denver Broncos (from Los Angeles Rams)  ??may have been traded
97) Detroit Lions (compensatory selection) @RNGDShobby 9:50
98) New Orleans Saints (compensatory selection) @SaturdayAllDay 10:00

101) Philadelphia Eagles (from New Orleans Saints; special compensatory selection)  10:30
102) Miami Dolphins (from San Francisco 49ers; special compensatory selection) 10:40

(End of third round)

@NFLfan I traded the Broncos 6th round pick (206) to move up from 75 to 73. Every other pick I still have (including 96).

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

@NFLfan I traded the Broncos 6th round pick (206) to move up from 75 to 73. Every other pick I still have (including 96).

Okay. I updated the list of draft picks for tomorrow and the Broncos are drafting at #96. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

With the 75th overall pick in 2022 Gavin's mock draft, 

Dallas Cowboys select 

NIK BONITTO, EDGE, Oklahoma 

Cowboys got a great CB in the first round, and a potential upside edge rusher to help Lawrence up in the front. Cowboys defense could get scary, still more time to get Dak weapons on the other side of the field. 

Steal here! Probably the best pure pass rusher in the class. I wouldn’t mind the colts taking him in the 3rd if he falls this far.  He’s worth a second I just doubt we take another edge in the second again this draft. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Hall would've been a fit for cowboys or vikings too, I went with Perrion Winfrey few picks earlier for Minnesota. For cowboys, it wasn't an urgent need but any of these players are too good to miss at this point of the draft, I thought. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Hall would've been a fit for cowboys or vikings too, I went with Perrion Winfrey few picks earlier for Minnesota. For cowboys, it wasn't an urgent need but any of these players are too good to miss at this point of the draft, I thought. 

Have you seen that thread about whether you should draft need or best player available? While most people agree that BPA is the way to go, they seem to draft players to address a need.

15 hours ago, coltsfanej said:

The thing is though, it’s almost impossible to compete for a SB without a top 8 QB. So I say if u don’t have “the” guy at QB then u keep keep chasing it because a top QB is almost totally required to seriously compete. 

only 3 teams averaged 5 or more yards per carry last year. Colts, Browns, and Seahawks. None made the playoffs. 

3 of the top 4 rushing teams missed the playoffs. The one that made the playoffs were the 9win Eagles

9/10 top passing teams made the playoffs, and the best QB won every division last year with Tannehill vs Wentz being the only possible argument in which case Wentz had the best RB in the league last year and still missed the playoffs which only reinforces my point. 

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying RBs are not important and I love that we have JT. But the position is just not as valuable as it once was in this league.  

I fully understand and agree with the points regards to modern NFL, but I personally would not worry about spending first round pick for a potentially great RB. 

Having a good QB is necessary for the trophy aspirations, but having a great RB is also necessary even in this Era (unless the coach is someone like Kyle Shanahan who could make most RBs look great or the QB is great like Mahomes or Josh or Lamar). Having Jonathan Taylor was the difference last year that the Colts didn't look as bad as the Jets. So, it's the combination of the roster depending on what kinda QB you are able to draft or get. 

As numerous first round picks are wasted for next to nothing in trying to draft a franchise QB (which isn't wrong by the way), I just meant I personally wouldn't really think twice before spending first round (possibly middle of first round or later) on RBs. 

6 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Have you seen that thread about whether you should draft need or best player available? While most people agree that BPA is the way to go, they seem to draft players to address a need.

Yes, read that and as usual, when it comes to the topic alone, everyone's argument would make sense in their perspective. 

I guess, even when one selects BPA, thoughts would've been spent on how and when the urgent needs would be met and if there's a realistic possibility to do so while taking a BPA that's not addressing the most immediate needs for the team. So I think it all has to be factored into, and every team's situation is different. 

42 minutes ago, coltsfanej said:

Steal here! Probably the best pure pass rusher in the class. I wouldn’t mind the colts taking him in the 3rd if he falls this far.  He’s worth a second I just doubt we take another edge in the second again this draft. 

I think the main reason he's slated to go late in day 2 is that he is only 248 lbs, and pundits aren't sure if he could punch above his weight in the NFL. But they all seem to be impressed by the quality of his play, rush techniques, etc., 

What do folks think of Sam Williams, EDGE from Ole Miss?

I was looking at another Big Board and he was ranked 44th. Using that Big Board, he would be BPA. On the Drafttek Big Board that we are using (on the first page of the thread), he is ranked in the hundreds.

22 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

What do folks think of Sam Williams, EDGE from Ole Miss?

I was looking at another Big Board and he was ranked 44th. Using that Big Board, he would be BPA. On the Drafttek Big Board that we are using (on the first page of the thread), he is ranked in the hundreds.

I believe Sam Williams had an off the field issue, otherwise he was considered a 1st round talent. This is a case where it depends on what all the teams think of him and where he goes. Wide range for him IMO.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Yes, read that and as usual, when it comes to the topic alone, everyone's argument would make sense in their perspective. 

I guess, even when one selects BPA, thoughts would've been spent on how and when the urgent needs would be met and if there's a realistic possibility to do so while taking a BPA that's not addressing the most immediate needs for the team. So I think it all has to be factored into, and every team's situation is different. 

I like @stitches's argument. It should be player with the greatest value as opposed to best player available.  I think there are many variables that affect value. For one, what is the availability of the players at the position later in the draft? How long is a player expected to play? If someone has had many injuries, it is likely that his career may be short. (Don't tell that to Frank Gore. In retrospect, he had great value now that his career is over.)  I place more value on non-skill positions like offensive line. But of course, QB should be highly valued because if you hit on a great one, you are likely to enjoy many years of success instead of being middle of the road like the Vikings. (I could go into greater detail but I have to work. Lol. I came here to post something about the Little River Band on @Dunk's thread about forgotten music and was distracted. I will have to come back later.)

• Like 1

Hi @coltsfanej, hope to see you later. I will need help in making some commissioner's picks. 

If you have the time, post your list of draft picks. At the end of this, I may compile everything to show lists of each team's drafted players. Then, this time next year or before we can grade peoples' picks.

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I like @stitches's argument. It should be player with the greatest value as opposed to best player available.  I think there are many variables that affect value. For one, what is the availability of the players at the position later in the draft? How long is a player expected to play? If someone has had many injuries, it is likely that his career may be short. (Don't tell that to Frank Gore. In retrospect, he had great value now that his career is over.)  I place more value on non-skill positions like offensive line. But of course, QB should be highly valued because if you hit on a great one, you are likely to enjoy many years of success instead of being middle of the road like the Vikings. (I could go into greater detail but I have to work. Lol. I came here to post something about the Little River Band on @Dunk's thread about forgotten music and was distracted. I will have to come back later.)

Exactly. 

Only thing that astounds me is that Frank Gore's career is over. It seems like he must still be in one of these rosters O.o

• Like 1

Welcome to  Friday, 4/22/22 session of the 2022 Gavin Mock Draft. We will get going in about 20 minutes with @VikingsFanInChennai who will be on the clock for the Minnesota Vikings, followed by @LV-FrontRow for the Browns and @PRnum1 for the Chargers.  If there is interest, we will try to go past 10PM EDT to finish the round.

(continuing with 3rd Round)   All times EDT
77) Minnesota Vikings @VikingsFanInChennai 7:00 PM
78) Cleveland Browns @LV-FrontRow 7:10 PM
79) Los Angeles Chargers  @PRnum1 7:20 PM
80) Houston Texans (from New Orleans Saints)  @John Hammonds 7:30PM
81) New York Giants (from Miami Dolphins)  @Clem-Dog 7:40PM
82) Atlanta Falcons (from Indianapolis Colts)  @PureLuck 7:50PM
83) Philadelphia Eagles  @runthepost  8:00PM
85) New England Patriots @Archer 8:20 PM
86) Las Vegas Raiders  @LV-FrontRow 8:30 PM
88) Jaguars (from Cowboys)  @Kangaroo 8:40 PM
89) Buffalo Bills  @LV-FrontRow 8:50 PM
90) Eagles (from Tennessee Titans)** @runthepost 9:00PM
92) Green Bay Packers @stitches 9:10 PM
94) Kansas City Chiefs @Colt .45 9:20 PM
95) Cincinnati Bengals  @stitches9:30 PM
96) Denver Broncos (from Los Angeles Rams) @Jared Cisneros 9:40
97) Detroit Lions (compensatory selection) @RNGDShobby 9:50
98) New Orleans Saints (compensatory selection) @SaturdayAllDay 10:00

(End of third round)

• Like 2

@WarGhost21  I see that your pick for the Ravens will be at 10:20; you may be able to be on the clock earlier.

@LV-FrontRow You will have the first pick for your beloved Raiders tonight. You have some players in mind?  Btw, what did you guys do to Karl Joseph? He was one of those pre-draft players that I wanted the Vikings to draft.