Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Gavin Mock Draft 2022 -- Make your Picks here. Big Board and Full Draft Order included on 1st Page

6 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

@LV-FrontRow You will have the first pick for your beloved Raiders tonight. You have some players in mind?  Btw, what did you guys do to Karl Joseph? He was one of those pre-draft players that I wanted the Vikings to draft. 

Seems I have some positions in mind lol. 

Karl Joseph played decent at times. He was let a go a few years ago went to the Browns then came back to the Raiders last year only to not make the final cut. He Just signed a 1 year deal with the Steelers after being on their practice squad last year. 

• Like 1

Friday, 4/22/22, (continuing with 3rd Round)   All times EDT

77) Minnesota Vikings @VikingsFanInChennai    Cam Taylor-Britt, S/CB, Nebraska   
78) Cleveland Browns @LV-FrontRow               Alec Pierce, WR, Cincinnati  
79) Los Angeles Chargers  @PRnum1 7:20 PM    James Cook, RB, Georgia
80) Houston Texans (from New Orleans Saints)  @John Hammonds Coby Bryant, CB, Cincinnati
81) New York Giants (from Miami Dolphins)  @Clem-Dog7:40PM
82) Atlanta Falcons (from Indianapolis Colts)  @PureLuck Kyle Philips, WR, UCLA 
83) Philadelphia Eagles  @runthepost  8:00PM
84) Pittsburgh Steelers   @Zoltan  8:10 PM
85) New England Patriots @Archer 8:20 PM
86) Las Vegas Raiders  @LV-FrontRow 8:30 PM
87) Arizona Cardinals  (Commissioner's pick)
88) Dallas Cowboys  @VikingsFanInChennai 8:40 PM
89) Buffalo Bills  @LV-FrontRow 8:50 PM
90) Eagles (from Tennessee Titans)** @runthepost 9:00PM
91) Tampa Bay Buccaneers  (Commissioner's pick)
92) Green Bay Packers @stitches 9:10 PM
93) San Francisco 49ers (Commissioner's Pick)
94) Kansas City Chiefs @Colt .45 9:20 PM
95) Cincinnati Bengals  @stitches9:30 PM
96) Denver Broncos (from Los Angeles Rams) @Jared Cisneros 9:40
97) Detroit Lions (compensatory selection) @RNGDShobby 9:50
98) New Orleans Saints (compensatory selection) @SaturdayAllDay 10:00

(If folks wish to stay past 10PM EDT to finish third round)
99) Cleveland Browns (special compensatory selection) 10:10
100) Baltimore Ravens (special compensatory selection)  10:20
101) Philadelphia Eagles (from New Orleans Saints; special compensatory selection)  10:30
102) Miami Dolphins (from San Francisco 49ers; special compensatory selection) 10:40
103) Kansas City Chiefs (special compensatory selection) 10:50
104) Los Angeles Rams (special compensatory selection)  11:00
105) San Francisco 49ers (special compensatory selection) Commissioner's pick

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Everyone has CB as a need for you. Whenever I look at a Mock Draft, they have the Vikings taking Stingley at 12.

True. Our SB Nation site selected McDuffie after Stingley went to the Commanders.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

True. Our SB Nation site selected McDuffie after Stingley went to the Commanders.

Yeah, that's when I would hope your GM in real life would probably pivot from the CB position in round 1 in that scenario and take another position. Generally fans of a team have a more need-first approach to the draft than the actual scouts and GM. We'll see what you do though. I'm guessing Stingley will be there at 12.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Any of you like Carson Strong? 

For a while, I thought "Carson Strong" was the name given to Wentz by his fans. Then I realized there is an actual QB called Carson Strong. 

I would be willing to take him in the 3rd round, but that's the earliest tbh. I'm lower on him than Ridder and Howell.

• Like 1

Will you all be following the real draft on this site or elsewhere?

The Forum always has good discussions on draft day. My first year here, I joined the chat. The draft seemed to evoke the strongest feelings on this forum is the 2015 one.  That is when the WR out of Miami was drafted at 29, Dorsett. 

Just now, NFLfan said:

The Forum always has good discussions on draft day. My first year here, I joined the chat. The draft seemed to evoke the strongest feelings on this forum is the 2015 one.  That is when the WR out of Miami was drafted at 29, Dorsett. 

I'll be following it on here and also watching it on TV. Normally I watch NFL Network every year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PureLuck said:

With the 82nd pick in the 2022 Gavin Mock Draft, the Atlanta Falcons select

Kyle Philips, WR, UCLA 

@runthepost up next

Fun pick here. I was saving him as a super sleeper later on. Hoping the Colts go for him in the round 4/early round 5 pick range when the draft comes next week.

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

Fun pick here. I was saving him as a super sleeper later on. Hoping the Colts go for him in the round 4/early round 5 pick range when the draft comes next week.

I'm hoping he falls that far as well, but I doubt it. Late day 2, early day 3 is where he should go IMO, he's the prototypical slot - a more athletic Hunter Renfrow, could definitely see him being a Ballard guy

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

On here if the mods can keep the Twitter spoilers from being posted 10-30 minutes before the Pick of officially announced on TV

• Like 1

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

On here if the mods can keep the Twitter spoilers from being posted 10-30 minutes before the Pick of officially announced on TV

We will have to make an announcement well ahead of time. I remember a fan who was on Twitter in 2015 who told me that the Vikings had drafted Eric Kendricks before the guy before Kendricks had been announced. LOL. 

• Like 2

Just now, csmopar said:

Last year, I was holding my breath praying they’d get Paye. Somehow, they did! 

this year, I honestly don’t see that “have to have” guy that could transform this team. I just don’t like this class

It's less obvious we will get a guy who will contribute immediately because our first pick is at 42 instead of 21. We may go with a Watson or Pickens, but we also may go after someone like a Ridder, Howell, or a OT that's not a guarantee to start immediately. I truly believe we are more at the mercy of other teams and whatever Ballards board is this year for BPA.

Just now, runthepost said:

Eagles with the 83rd pick select  David Bell WR from Purdue

Bell was already taken by the Bears.

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

Last year, I was holding my breath praying they’d get Paye. Somehow, they did! 

this year, I honestly don’t see that “have to have” guy that could transform this team. I just don’t like this class

Agreed, much more depth, but very few "must have" guys this year, but the draft is very deep at our positions of need (WR, TE (not top heavy, but very deep), OT) - if we get any offers, I could see a trade down once again in round 2 - if we do not like one of the reachable QBs... I still think trying to get Ridder would be very smart - even if we have to trade up to the very end of round one to secure the option

• Like 1