Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What we are hearing__on Twitter, Reddit, Podcasts, from fans, on sports radio, etc.

NFLfan

3 hours ago, CR91 said:

Eason isn't on the team. Sam is just a sixth round pick. He's a career backup imo.

I know. I meant that the Colts have used draft capital on QB, whether it be drafting QBs or trading away draft picks for QB (like the Wentz trade).

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Don't you want Sam to play? The Colts have drafted Eason and Sam the last few years. Do you think they will draft another QB this year?

Well one of those guys is gone so what was spent on him doesn’t matter.  You don’t draft a QB in the 6th round with the idea he’s going to become a starter.  You are hoping he can become your backup.  So other than a trade for Wentz they haven’t spent draft capital get a starter.  That clearly didn’t work out so yes if the right QB slips to the second round I could see them trying to get him regardless of whatever trade they may make in the coming days or free agent they may sign.  It would have to be the right guy though.  Ballard isn’t going to force if he doesn’t think the guy that might be there isn’t the long term answer.  

I know Kevin Bowen reads this site, he was a part of it for years. He and people like JMV read this site. Whether Irsay, Ballard, or Reich does is a different story. I have been here 7 years on this site and been a Colts fan since 1984 and I feel like I am one of the voices for the Colts as a fan. I have a good background as far as being a good athlete in many sports and I ran the mini-marathon (13.3 Miles) in 2 hours years ago. 

Here's my point, go out and trade for Matt Ryan, get a LT, and another WR. Draft defense and we can win the division. Tannehill isn't better than Matt Ryan. I have watched and studied football for 45 years. I am not smarter than Ballard and don't claim to be but this fan base is not happy at all! With Matt Ryan that gives us a QB that can compete with the best of them for at least a couple years. The AFC is loaded with good to great QB's. Don't waste Taylor's career, that would be a huge shame. Players like Leonard and Moore are counting on you Ballard and Irsay to put all chips in. Hey if you can't get Matt, at least get Baker to give us a fighting chance. What happened to the Jimmy G talks?? I would take him, he just wins.

4 hours ago, TheNextGM said:

Wrong Browns QB, but I’ll gladly take Baker.

Yea, yours is wrong also. Colts receive Jacoby Brissett from the browns , the implosion n this forum would be EPIC ..... this is one thing that i hope i never get to say I TOLD YOU SO ABOUT though... I'll go hide now that I even brought it up.  

I just don’t understand what the hell are they doing. I have always loved Ballard and he is maybe the best drafter in the game. But his FA decisions are sorely lacking. Just get a guy. Some kind of starter. Anything?? Armstead and Gilmore are just sitting there at positions of need.. no?  A guard maybe?? Honey badger?  I know we need help at safety. Am I the only one who is melting down a bit here??

I’ll put this here for now, but we usually have a thread in the Draft section that tracks guys the Colts had meetings with, brought in for private workouts, or attended their pro days. 

Akalyleb Evans is a CB who says he’s had meetings with a few teams but Colts were one of the ones where the meetings went the best.

https://www.columbiamissourian.com/sports/mizzou_football/missouri-s-evans-makes-his-case-to-nfl-teams/article_e21815ee-9cb7-11ec-a47e-235ad6a8a338.amp.html

Man, I've always been one of Ballard's staunchest supporters..... But good God... I can't anymore, I just can't.  There's no rabbit to be pulled out of the hat any longer.

Ballard's a director of scouting, probably the best in the league.  It's becoming clear, he's not a GM.  He's apparently too soft to stick with any conviction other than the conviction to "wait and see". wth.

10 minutes ago, TomDiggs said:

Another person linking Mathieu to Colts and this time saying it is down to the Colts and Cowboys as some other outlets have claimed. We shall see. 

I will believe it when I see it.

3 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

I’ll put this here for now, but we usually have a thread in the Draft section that tracks guys the Colts had meetings with, brought in for private workouts, or attended their pro days. 

Akalyleb Evans is a CB who says he’s had meetings with a few teams but Colts were one of the ones where the meetings went the best.

https://www.columbiamissourian.com/sports/mizzou_football/missouri-s-evans-makes-his-case-to-nfl-teams/article_e21815ee-9cb7-11ec-a47e-235ad6a8a338.amp.html

He's got the height and the length, and fits a cover 3 scheme, so he fits Bradley's scheme.  He also gets injured a lot, so he fits Ballard's tendencies. LOL.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/akayleb-evans/32004556-4100-6904-e210-44afe72b61e1

50 minutes ago, TomDiggs said:

Another person linking Mathieu to Colts and this time saying it is down to the Colts and Cowboys as some other outlets have claimed. We shall see. 

Considering we need another safety, this would be nice. But I doubt he signs here. 

1 hour ago, Jackie Daytona said:

Man, I've always been one of Ballard's staunchest supporters..... But good God... I can't anymore, I just can't.  There's no rabbit to be pulled out of the hat any longer.

Ballard's a director of scouting, probably the best in the league.  It's becoming clear, he's not a GM.  He's apparently too soft to stick with any conviction other than the conviction to "wait and see". wth.

That is a little bit of a stretch, don't you think? It is one thing to say he is not a very good GM but another thing to say he is not GM material. Ryan Grigson, I could say, he is not GM material, and there is a reason he has not found a GM role anywhere else after his Colts gig. Ballard, if he were let go, hands down, someone WILL hire him as GM. He could very well be a coach like Tony Dungy, can improve a roster and keep them knocking on the playoff door but more often than not, his teams will come up short against the best at the highest stage. With Peyton, that playoff door became a SB contender door when Dungy left the Bucs and joined the Colts, there in was the difference.

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I know Kevin Bowen reads this site, he was a part of it for years. He and people like JMV read this site. Whether Irsay, Ballard, or Reich does is a different story. I have been here 7 years on this site and been a Colts fan since 1984 and I feel like I am one of the voices for the Colts as a fan. I have a good background as far as being a good athlete in many sports and I ran the mini-marathon (13.3 Miles) in 2 hours years ago. 

Here's my point, go out and trade for Matt Ryan, get a LT, and another WR. Draft defense and we can win the division. Tannehill isn't better than Matt Ryan. I have watched and studied football for 45 years. I am not smarter than Ballard and don't claim to be but this fan base is not happy at all! With Matt Ryan that gives us a QB that can compete with the best of them for at least a couple years. The AFC is loaded with good to great QB's. Don't waste Taylor's career, that would be a huge shame. Players like Leonard and Moore are counting on you Ballard and Irsay to put all chips in. Hey if you can't get Matt, at least get Baker to give us a fighting chance. What happened to the Jimmy G talks?? I would take him, he just wins.

@Jackie Daytonawonderful sad face, Cute. Instead of people in here giving sad faces, man up as Karl Malone would say and state your claim. These sad faces are a bit childiish when you can't back it up. I am ready. I see them all the time around here. Give me a sad face back it up is all I say. I suppose you want a chump like Mariota where we stink?

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

@Jackie Daytonawonderful sad face, Cute. Instead of people in here giving sad faces, man up as Karl Malone would say and state your claim. These sad faces are a bit childiish when you can't back it up. I am ready. I see all the time around here. Give me a sad face back it up is all I say. I suppose you want a chump like Mariota where we stink?

Yeah, you are not going to get explanations for every forum poster reaction, man!!! It is like trying to get closure from your ex-girlfriend, lol. :) 

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Yeah, you are not going to get explanations for every forum poster reaction, man!!! It is like trying to get closure from your ex-girlfriend, lol. :) 

Yeah all I say is if you give me sad face, back it up. I rarely give a sad face to anyone, if I do I will will give my opinion why.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah all I say is if you give me sad face, back it up. I rarely give a sad face to anyone, if I do I will will give my opinion why.

Not everyone follows "Do to others as you would have them do to you". :) 

1 hour ago, TomDiggs said:

The fact is ...... we NEED a playmaking FS

I would LOVE to get Mathieu

9 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Not everyone follows "Do to others as you would have them do to you". :) 

I have seen people be so nasty with others on the board.....

Very uneccessary

AT the end of the day, we share a common passion

Why be a jerk to others?

If we were at a Colts game, we would be buying each other a beer

We would probably be hgh fiving each other......

But people come here to be a jerk to others

Why?

Why is an opinion so life and death around here?

Its a game....  nothing more, nothing less

2 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

I have seen people be so nasty with others on the board.....

Very uneccessary

AT the end of the day, we share a common passion

Why be a jerk to others?

If we were at a Colts game, we would be buying each other a beer

We would probably be hgh fiving each other......

But people come here to be a jerk to others

Why?

Why is an opinion so life and death around here?

Its a game....  nothing more, nothing less

I agree, great post.

1 minute ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

We will see. His contract is not bad. 

It is the pick that goes with the contract. A 2nd or 3rd rounder, I am fine but I am not ponying up a 1st rounder AND taking on that contract. Falcons burned a little bit of the bridge with Matt Ryan not informing him right off the bat they were dealing with the Watson possibility, I heard. He heard it through the media, go figure. So the Falcons are stuck between a rock and a hard place. If they want to move on from Ryan, they would need more draft ammunition and if they don't want to, they have an uneasy / unhappy QB and they may or may not be greedy depending on their relationship with Ryan forcing / not forcing their hand.

Just now, chad72 said:

It is the pick that goes with the contract. A 2nd or 3rd rounder, I am fine but I am not ponying up a 1st rounder AND taking on that contract. Falcons burned a little bit of the bridge with Matt Ryan not informing him right off the bat they were dealing with the Watson possibility, I heard. He heard it through the media, go figure. So the Falcons are stuck between a rock and a hard place. If they want to move on from Ryan, they would need more draft ammunition and if they don't want to, they have an uneasy / unhappy QB and they may or may not be greedy depending on their relationship with Ryan forcing / not forcing their hand.

If it’s a third this year and next that is fine. We have the extra third this year. Next year we have a extra third or second. That won’t take us out of drafting a QB. It’s the first round picks that do that.

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

That is a little bit of a stretch, don't you think? It is one thing to say he is not a very good GM but another thing to say he is not GM material. Ryan Grigson, I could say, he is not GM material, and there is a reason he has not found a GM role anywhere else after his Colts gig. Ballard, if he were let go, hands down, someone WILL hire him as GM. He could very well be a coach like Tony Dungy, can improve a roster and keep them knocking on the playoff door but more often than not, his teams will come up short against the best at the highest stage. With Peyton, that playoff door became a SB contender door when Dungy left the Bucs and joined the Colts, there in was the difference.

Nah, I think Ballard is to Scout dir./GM what some are to Coordinator/Head coach 

Ballard might be a HOF level scout, if that's a thing.    As a GM?   His philosophy is fundamentally decent.... Draft great, sign your deserving guys, add depth wherever available, don't pay good players great money ....his methods are fine in most aspects, but you can't completely ignore the second most important pillar of the FA/Draft/Trade triangle that makes up a GM spot, and be considered a great, or even very good, GM in my mind.

45 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

@Jackie Daytonawonderful sad face, Cute. Instead of people in here giving sad faces, man up as Karl Malone would say and state your claim. These sad faces are a bit childiish when you can't back it up. I am ready. I see them all the time around here. Give me a sad face back it up is all I say. I suppose you want a chump like Mariota where we stink?

I believe that is a confused face not a sad face.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

@BeanDiasuccithanks for playing with no response. I don't mind sad faces or confused faces but man up and tell me why. Nobody has the balls too, Homer, snaps fingers =Angry Homer Simpson GIF by FOX TV

Archived