Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What we are hearing__on Twitter, Reddit, Podcasts, from fans, on sports radio, etc.

NFLfan

Anyone watching March Madness? (I know this is not football but I thought I would alert folks that we have a place for college basketball too. Duke is playing Michigan State. This Coach K's last year.

Back on topic... Ranking the Colts best options at QB

General manager Chris Ballard is likely waiting to get the best value he can but doing so means missing out on some of their options.

Because of their need at the position, any quarterback that becomes remotely available gets linked to the Colts. Regardless of who the Colts bring in, they are likely going to have to draft a rookie in April. But we’re not going to include them just yet. This is focusing mostly on free agency and trade routes.

(Read the above linked article if you wish to see the list of best options.)

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He owned the Broncos too. The Pats was his block but the Pats rarely lost to anyone back then, Ben never beat the Pats in the playoffs.

Crazy how the Pats were so dominant. When Peyton beat them in the AFC championship game it was one of the best days of my life. 

Just now, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

That actually verifies a rumor that was going around that a GM checked to see if he wanted to play again.

Can you trade rights of a player away? If so, Colts would be stupid not to at this point.

9 minutes ago, Aaron86 said:

Crazy how the Pats were so dominant. When Peyton beat them in the AFC championship game it was one of the best days of my life. 

That was my favorite sports moment in 2006 when we beat Tom and BB. I am a Cubs fan as well so when they won the WS in 2016 that is pretty even. When we beat the Pats in 2006 that was the real SB, I knew we would take the Bears out to the wood shed :thmup:. The key to the 2006 run was when we took Ray and Ed Reed out by playing physical. I never seen our D play like that on the road against a great team like the Ravens. They had a great O.Line, McNair was their QB, and Lewis was a beast at RB.

33 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That was my favorite sports moment in 2006 when we beat Tom and BB. I am a Cubs fan as well so when they won the WS in 2016 that is pretty even. When we beat the Pats in 2006 that was the real SB, I knew we would take the Bears out to the wood shed :thmup:. The key to the 2006 run was when we took Ray and Ed Reed out by playing physical. I never seen our D play like that on the road against a great team like the Ravens. They had a great O.Line, McNair was their QB, and Lewis was a beast at RB.

Good times. Man those were the days.

7 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Gerald Everett is now off the board as a TE option. 

Of course he is. Aren't you glad Ballard is our GM

There is also word that Matt Ryan has asked for a new 3 year deal. regardless of why this is, the Colts better not fall for this. 

No way do you extend Matt Ryan 3 years

4 hours ago, Dobbinblitz said:

The Cleveland Browns Baker Mayfield expresses again he would like to be traded to the Indianapolis Colts. #ColtsNation #ForTheShoe 8:30 AM March 20th.

Does Baker have any choice for his remaining contracted year with Cleveland?

(I thought Cleveland owned the 'rights' to Baker, for 1 more year, after which Baker could choose...please correct me if I'm wrong)

4 hours ago, NFLfan said:

To minimize postings of comments by random folks from  Twitter, Reddit, NFLNetwork, podcasts, etc, I am creating this thread. Many have expressed that they do not want comments by random people on the free agency and QB threads.  Others wrote that they like it. So, if you want to know what is being said on Social media, on podcasts, and on sports radio, you can come here. If uninterested, please disregard and join us on other threads.

Here is a good example of a tweet for this thread. It is written by a random guy.

So what are you hearing out there that is not being reported as having occurred already? What are the opinions that have been shared elsewhere (other than here)?

That was a fantastic idea (to only have info about what is being said posted.)  Unfortunately it didn’t make it part way down the first page before it became just another message board conversation by our posters thread.:funny:rotflmao

21 minutes ago, Indeee said:

There is also word that Matt Ryan has asked for a new 3 year deal. regardless of why this is, the Colts better not fall for this. 

It’s a new deal not a 3 year extension of his current contract.  Nothing wrong with that.  

4 minutes ago, waterdog said:

Does Baker have any choice for his remaining contracted year with Cleveland?

(I thought Cleveland owned the 'rights' to Baker, for 1 more year, after which Baker could choose...please correct me if I'm wrong)

He doesn’t have a choice if colts aren’t interested or another team is willing to give the browns a lot more.

25 minutes ago, Indeee said:

My guess is Ryan by asking for a new deal  is forcing himself out of Atlanta. He doesn’t have to look like the bad guy then. It will be the Falcons who decided to move on.

42 minutes ago, Indeee said:

I’m not losing any sleep over missing out on Gerald Everett. This is a deep draft for TE’s.

1 minute ago, Tsarquise said:

Then Mahomes and the Chiefs did even worse to us. 

They had a loaded team and it was in arrowhead. Mahomes has pretty much dominated everyone except Brady which Luck got criticized for (funny), no shame in losing to that team. My point is Luck was clearly better than Watson and the dude gets 230 Mill a year.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They had a loaded team and it was in arrowhead. Mahomes has pretty much dominated everyone except Brady which Luck got criticized for (funny), no shame in losing to that team. My point is Luck was clearly better than Watson and the dude gets 230 Mill a year.

I know your point. And it's a true and valid point. Luck was a tier above Watson. And Mahomes was a tier above Luck, that's my only point.

I couldn't believe how badly they were beat. I at least thought it would be competitive.

2 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

I know your point. And it's a true and valid point. Luck was a tier above Watson. And Mahomes was a tier above Luck, that's my only point.

I couldn't believe how badly they were beat. I at least thought it would be competitive.

I think Luck and Mahomes were on the same tier but Mahomes was slightly better to his credit and as proven is having a better career.

13 hours ago, jimmy g said:

That was a fantastic idea (to only have info about what is being said posted.)  Unfortunately it didn’t make it part way down the first page before it became just another message board conversation by our posters thread.:funny:rotflmao

It is serving its purpose -- keeping tweets by random people from being posted in other threads. In this thread, whoever engages in the discussions understands that there will be content from Twitter, Reddit, and other sources that some on the forum prefer not to see/read. 

Archived