Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Deshaun Watson to Browns. Mayfield on the block

2 minutes ago, luv_pony_express said:

Sorry, probably should've put this in the FA forum.  Mods, feel free to move it there.

But it's big news, with possible Colts implications.

Would Rapaport report it if it wasn't?

who knows, didn't they just say yesterday they would not trade him at all?  

i mean free baker, even if he doesn't come here.. but i also saw reports that watson declined his no trade for the browns as well.. so yeah it begs the question.. which one is legit

Just now, AustinnKaine said:

who knows, didn't they just say yesterday they would not trade him at all?  

i mean free baker, even if he doesn't come here.. but i also saw reports that watson declined his no trade for the browns as well.. so yeah it begs the question.. which one is legit

I guess time will tell.  I'm sure it's really a *thing* -- Rap is about as good as it gets in that world.

But things sometimes change -- as we've seen more than once in the past week.

Just now, luv_pony_express said:

I guess time will tell.  I'm sure it's really a *thing* -- Rap is about as good as it gets in that world.

But things sometimes change -- as we've seen more than once in the past week.

yeah i like rapsheet im just saying seems like a complete 180 from the reports yesterday, from both camps.. seems like a big change of heart there.

Just now, AustinnKaine said:

yeah i like rapsheet im just saying seems like a complete 180 from the reports yesterday, from both camps.. seems like a big change of heart there.

Keep in mind that disinformation is rampant this time of year.  Teams put bogus stuff out, agents put bogus stuff out.  And very little gets leaked accidentally.  There's always a purpose to info that gets reported out.

It seems very possible, if not likely, that's what happened here.

4 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

As long as we don't give up much for him. Maybe a 3rd I'm hoping. The guy isn't wanted in Cleveland.

I hope not either. browns have to move him, they can't keep his 19m salary plus watson. Mayfield is in the last year of his rookie contract

I have heard a lot of browns fans love Baker. Because he's the best QB in their franchise history. Don't be surprised if he comes here we may be welcoming new fans into the fold. Welcome!!

I'm ok with a cheap option but not sure on baker. He seems inaccurate and has never impressed me. 

1 minute ago, NannyMcafee said:

I have heard a lot of browns fans love Baker. Because he's the best QB in their franchise history. Don't be surprised if he comes here we may be welcoming new fans into the fold. Welcome!!

I'm ok with a cheap option but not sure on baker. He seems inaccurate and has never impressed me. 

Baker with Sam as backup? Interesting.

I know lots of people will be mad if we give up a first for him though.. 

The question remains do the Colts want Baker?  For all the Baker prefers the Colts and will the Browns trade him or not talk there hasn’t been one legit report that the Colts were trying to get Baker.  I can see both arguments so I have no clue where Ballard is on wanting Baker but just because he’s available doesn’t mean Ballard is in on him.  With that said I am not going to be shocked in the slightest if he gets traded here.

3 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

Baker with Sam as backup? Interesting.

I know lots of people will be mad if we give up a first for him though.. 

I feel as if he's not worth a first. I wouldn't be angry. I have a lot of fan years left. But I wouldn't be happy either. 

11 minutes ago, Archer said:

I’ll take Baker.  Not a bad option at this point…

Baker fits more Seattle.  They have Metcalf and Lockett. They like the deep ball and Mayfield can do that. He is not a match for thr Colts. If the Colts get him, I will seriously question their judgment. U can't get rid of Wenzt  and then get Mayfield. 

2 minutes ago, Jackie Daytona said:

No way they trade a 1 for Mayfield.  Neither will Seattle I don't think.

I don't know... I think Seattle outbids us but if Baker has a choice then maybe he can force his way here.... idk how to feel about it tbh

4 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

It's kind of amazing that, with the Browns' history, that somebody could say with a straight face that Baker Mayfield is the best QB they've ever had.

Well, Otto Graham was supposedly pretty good.  But that was a whole different era.  Their all-time passing leader is the forgettable Brian Sipe.  And who else are you going to pick...Kosar?  Testaverde?  Frank Ryan?

Baker Mayfield is a middle of the pack QB.  Where exactly he falls, I don't know.  But it's somewhere around 13-18 -- right smack dab in the middle.

But so are all of our other options -- including former options (Wentz).

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

The question remains do the Colts want Baker?  For all the Baker prefers the Colts and will the Browns trade him or not talk there hasn’t been one legit report that the Colts were trying to get Baker.  I can see both arguments so I have no clue where Ballard is on wanting Baker but just because he’s available doesn’t mean Ballard is on him.  With that said I am not going to be shocked in the slightest if he gets traded here.

One thing he has going for him is he's 100% dedicated to football. Which is Ballards highest standard. And it's not like we have some amazing talent waiting in the wings. So considering that I believe the Colts can be enticed. 

2 minutes ago, DEColtsLover36 said:

Wow… all those Progressive commercials gone to waste.

trash GIF

they didn't go to waste.. the fact that you're talking about an ad on this forum proves it was extremely effective. 

Something to remember.... The browns GM is a former scout for the Colts, and according to some "Bowen" is very well respected by Irsay and fam.  Having gone on record saying they want to work with Mayfield on a trade, I think if there's a comparable deal on the table from us and Seattle, Baker will be a Colt.

And no, I don't think they care that we are an AFC team.  You don't trade three firsts, two additional picks, and guarantee a QB almost a quarter billion dollars and then get concerned about where the QB you said wasn't an adult last week ends up.....

2 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Baker fits more Seattle.  They have Metcalf and Lockett. They like the deep ball and Mayfield can do that. He is not a match for thr Colts. If the Colts get him, I will seriously question their judgment. U can't get rid of Wenzt  and then get Mayfield. 

Sure you can.  Also, Baker is completely capable of playing leaning on a strong running game and taking his shots....is he not?

2 minutes ago, luv_pony_express said:

It's kind of amazing that, with the Browns' history, that somebody could say with a straight face that Baker Mayfield is the best QB they've ever had.

Well, Otto Graham was supposedly pretty good.  But that was a whole different era.  Their all-time passing leader is the forgettable Brian Sipe.  And who else are you going to pick...Kosar?  Testaverde?  Frank Ryan?

Baker Mayfield is a middle of the pack QB.  Where exactly he falls, I don't know.  But it's somewhere around 13-18 -- right smack dab in the middle.

But so are all of our other options -- including former options (Wentz).

If he could be less erratic than Wentz that would be a relief on Sundays. 

Archived