Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Deshaun Watson to Browns. Mayfield on the block

2 minutes ago, Jackie Daytona said:

Sure you can.  Also, Baker is completely capable of playing leaning on a strong running game and taking his shots....is he not?

He is also a petulant child. He comes with more question marks than Wentz came with when he exited the Eagles.

4 minutes ago, Jackie Daytona said:

Something to remember.... The browns GM is a former scout for the Colts, and according to some "Bowen" is very well respected by Irsay and fam.  Having gone on record saying they want to work with Mayfield on a trade, I think if there's a comparable deal on the table from us and Seattle, Baker will be a Colt.

And no, I don't think they care that we are an AFC team.  You don't trade three firsts, two additional picks, and guarantee a QB almost a quarter billion dollars and then get concerned about where the QB you said wasn't an adult last week ends up.....

The other side of that coin is there was a report that the Browns GM also said they wanted an “adult” at QB.  So if their opinion is Watson is too immature to be a QB and Irsay respects that opinion given what they just went through with Wentz that might make the Colts out on Baker.  Like I said I can see both sides of the argument.

Just now, GoatBeard said:

Just sign Winston.

Do NOT give up picks for this guy.

Based on the amount of Super star qbs in the AFC, I would go after Armstead. The Colts need to become so dominat in the run game that they can win the time of possession. The defence should be better. Get Ryan and play action.

1 minute ago, tvturner said:

Cleveland wants an "adult" at QB and they trade for a guy with awful accusations.

Ironic.

Well Watson liked to show himself off outside of the game. However, he is suppose to be a high character guy on the field and that's al that counts.

10 minutes ago, Jackie Daytona said:

Uh.....who exactly do you want?  

And no, "Sam Ehlinger" is not an option....lol

A FA QB. One thats not going to cost draft capital, and a potential extension. The Browns with a much better roster realized that hes not the guy. They went out an upgraded. Why the hell do we want their trash when our roster is inferior? 

We could have two 2nds next year plus a 1st. Plenty of ammo to move up for a guy in a good qb draft. 

15 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

The question remains do the Colts want Baker?  For all the Baker prefers the Colts and will the Browns trade him or not talk there hasn’t been one legit report that the Colts were trying to get Baker.  I can see both arguments so I have no clue where Ballard is on wanting Baker but just because he’s available doesn’t mean Ballard is in on him.  With that said I am not going to be shocked in the slightest if he gets traded here.

Honestly, hasn’t been one legit confirmed report that the Colts have wanted anyone at all in free agency. Lol

Just now, Moosejawcolt said:

Based on the amount of Super star qbs in the AFC, I would go after Armstead. The Colts need to become so dominat in the run game that they can win the time of possession. The defence should be b. Just a hunch.etter. Get Ryan and play action.

I dont think they want to invest big money into another OL until they get Kelly off the books.

I want Matt Ryan over either guy but I think the odds of that happening now are slim.

Hope Im wrong.

If Baker is the guy, Ill fall in line and embrace it, but I sure hope not.

5 minutes ago, Architects08 said:

A FA QB. One thats not going to cost draft capital, and a potential extension. The Browns with a much better roster realized that hes not the guy. They went out an upgraded. Why the hell do we want their trash when our roster is inferior? 

We could have two 2nds next year plus a 1st. Plenty of ammo to move up for a guy in a good qb draft. 

The Browns already tricked us once....remember?

4 minutes ago, Architects08 said:

I feel that Winston isn't that good he had 14 to 3 int ratio which is good but only completed 59 percent of his passes. That's not a good number if you want to win alot of games unless you have an elite defense

1 minute ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

The Browns already tricked us once....remember?

So you think Baker Mayfield is the Trent Richardson of quarterbacks lol

11 minutes ago, GoatBeard said:

I dont think they want to invest big money into another OL until they get Kelly off the books.

I want Matt Ryan over either guy but I think the odds of that happening now are slim.

Hope Im wrong.

If Baker is the guy, Ill fall in line and embrace it, but I sure hope not.

I was so dead against putting more money into this Oline. However that is the only way I think  to get better. Build on  a strength. Become so dominant on that side of the ball. Draft wrs and maybe pick wr  or te in fre agency.

30 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Baker fits more Seattle.  They have Metcalf and Lockett. They like the deep ball and Mayfield can do that. He is not a match for thr Colts. If the Colts get him, I will seriously question their judgment. U can't get rid of Wenzt  and then get Mayfield. 

This will surely be my favorite quote of the day.  That if the Colts get Mayfield you will then seriously question their judgement.

What the heck have you been doing since the day you arrived?!?!?!?!    :spit:  :funny:      :lol:

2 minutes ago, Archer said:

I don’t know about you, but I’m getting QB whiplash.  If that’s not a thing, then I’m just coining it now.. 

I hear ya!    I feel ya!    All the way from Hawaii!!    :thmup:

34 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

They got a pervert and gave up on a child.

What does it always come down to in the NFL? Teams will excuse your  behavior as long as u can play. Watson is a scum bag but a hell of a football player. Mayfield is a  man child who is not worth  the headache and based on his production , he is not worth it.

This may have been the worst offseason I can remember for the Colts. Sure we lost more other years, but this year after the owners emotional "All chips in" speech, and dealing our starting QB, AND the most cap space BY FAR in the NFL, I expected a lot more. Now we're looking at trading for a QB that was called a "child" by the Browns staff, and we watch as our league improves every day. Hell, we couldn't even keep Odom, who was a great special teams player and a pretty good safety. I'll still take Winston over the rest..

2 hours ago, BProland85 said:

As long as we don't give up much for him. Maybe a 3rd I'm hoping. The guy isn't wanted in Cleveland.

Didn’t realize he only has one year left on his contract.  Could have to do a sign and trade if that’s what Seattle’s willing to do…

5 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Man look at the qbs in the AFC.

No wonder Brady came back. Guys who can go toe to toe with the Bucs on the scoreboard - Stafford, Rodgers, Josh Allen., Mahomes, Herbert, Lamar Jackson, Burrow, Watson, only 2 are in the NFC and Rodgers lost Adams. Stars are aligning for Brady’s swan song.

7 minutes ago, chad72 said:

No wonder Brady came back. Guys who can go toe to toe with the Bucs on the scoreboard - Stafford, Rodgers, Josh Allen., Mahomes, Herbert, Lamar Jackson, Burrow, Watson, only 2 are in the NFC and Rodgers lost Adams. Stars are aligning for Brady’s swan 

No worries. Rodgers will make another Adams. 

8 hours ago, ColtJax said:

This may have been the worst offseason I can remember for the Colts. Sure we lost more other years, but this year after the owners emotional "All chips in" speech, and dealing our starting QB, AND the most cap space BY FAR in the NFL, I expected a lot more. Now we're looking at trading for a QB that was called a "child" by the Browns staff, and we watch as our league improves every day. Hell, we couldn't even keep Odom, who was a great special teams player and a pretty good safety. I'll still take Winston over the rest..

We couldn’t even keep a safety?   Of course we could.    We elected not to.   And almost everyone on our special teams are really, really good.   You could even call them….  Special.   That’s why our ST’s are so good. 

We elected to keep Franklin who I believe is our special teams captain.  

Ballard sets a value on every player.  And he freely admits a player may be worth more to another team than he is to the Colts.  And he understands the second contract, the one after the rookie contract, is where players get PAID.   And Ballard says he understands a player leaving for a better offer, so much so, Ballard encourages players to leave so they can make the most they can during a short career.  

The downside of free agency in a salary capped league is that you can’t keep every good player you want.   Every team loses guys they’d like to be able to keep.  We’re no exception. 

The off-season sucks today.   But it may not by next week.   Or next month.   There’s still lots of time.   Lots of interesting available players.   Let’s see what happens.  

Archived