Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts bringing back Lewis

7 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

No. The only thing that could cause him to get cut is if he has a huge setback with his knee. If anything he is more of a 50/50 to start IMO

Is that why he was signed to an incredibly lucrative contract of 1 yr/$3M ? With Ballard storied history of drafting defensive linemen he probably does have a chance to start, but that isn't the compliment you want it to be.

Just now, Patagonia Chris said:

Is that why he was signed to an incredibly lucrative contract of 1 yr/$3M ? With Ballard storied history of drafting defensive linemen he probably does have a chance to start, but that isn't the compliment you want it to be.

He is coming off an injury. If he finished the season playing the way he was, I bet he would be getting $6-$8 million per year. Ballard has stated how impressed he was with Lewis multiple times. 

It’s unfortunate his knee exploded before he could 

9 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

He is coming off an injury. If he finished the season playing the way he was, I bet he would be getting $6-$8 million per year. Ballard has stated how impressed he was with Lewis multiple times. 

It’s unfortunate his knee exploded before he could 

My point exactly. Damaged goods. Most players never return to form after significant lower body injuries and his form was pretty average by NFL standards.

6 minutes ago, Patagonia Chris said:

My point exactly. Damaged goods. Most players never return to form after significant lower body injuries and his form was pretty average by NFL standards.

it was 3m. contract.  Even if its depth.  Its a good signing 

Archived