Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts QB Watch Party

RollerColt

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

Um......wut? There's like 4 mistakes in these 2 sentences. Two spelling, and 2 assumptions. 

There’s been multiple reports that Ballard didn’t like Stafford last year. Of course they are assuming but I’m guessing you didn’t call out those reporters also. For the other part if you want to go around correcting peoples spelling issues than I’m sorry you don’t have anything better to do with your time. 

16 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I don’t buy this theory

I get this for Watson, but would the Browns truly be fearful of facing Mayfield?  If the “adult” comment from earlier in the week is true, I would think they would relish playing against him. 

2 minutes ago, Indeee said:

If the story from Lawrence is true, who's the one not being an adult now? I get business stuff but of you have the better QB why do you care if Baker stays in afc out of division?

Exactly what I was thinking. Browns will be browns.

14 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

I think they’ll hold on to him until a decent offer they can’t refuse comes up. There’s a good chance Watson might get suspended 4-8 games. 

Don't they need him gone for cap space purposes? Not sure they have enough free for Watson as it stands. 

2 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

I don’t buy this theory

I get this for Watson, but would the Browns truly be fearful of facing Mayfield?  If the “adult” comment from earlier in the week is true, I would think they would relish playing against him. 

You can’t deny Baker’s talent. If they feel he doesn’t act like an Adult that’s one thing. They may fear if they trade him that he may end up living up to some of the hype. Then they’d have to face him more often. Browns may be a very unorganized front office but they still know talent. Just my thought on the situation of course. 

You can't trust anything you are hearing from the media. They've been wrong more time than right. They'll be saying the Colts haven't had any contract with The browns or Baker.... Then the next day we'll sign him. I don't think anyone in the media has a clue. They are just guessing or making things up.

5 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Its sad especially because the browns brass is supposed to have a very good relationship with the Colts brass

And the end of the day it’s a business, and we’re an AFC competitor. Being nice doesn’t win championships. 

That said, I don’t see the Browns being as successful as they think they’ll be. The specter of the Steelers will forever and always haunt over the state of Ohio. 

27 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Browns hold all the cards. 

Mayfield is better than how many starting QBs in the NFL, 10, at least?  15, or more?  If teams are going to move heaven and earth for DW, they might move a little bit of earth for Mayfield?

Maybe a draft day trade is in order, where one of many teams who are not happy with their QB decides that Mayfield is worth a first round pick, or early second and a future mid rounder; instead of the other QB options in the draft..

15 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

I don’t buy this theory

In addition, they themselves got a player  from within AFC, so kinda double standards, right?

19 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

I don’t buy this theory

The adult comment is nonsense given who they decided to invest in.

Just now, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I believe they have sources. But what I tried to say to Rashad and he got mad id sometimes the sources don’t know everything.

I’m glad you enjoy twitter, I wish you would leave half of it there. 

1 minute ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I believe they have sources. But what I tried to say to Rashad and he got mad id sometimes the sources don’t know everything.

But your opinion will change on that in a minute or two

11 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Mayfield is better than how many starting QBs in the NFL, 10, at least?  15, or more?  If teams are going to move heaven and earth for DW, they might move a little bit of earth for Mayfield?

Maybe a draft day trade is in order, where one of many teams who are not happy with their QB decides that Mayfield is worth a first round pick, or early second and a future mid rounder; instead of the other QB options in the draft..

@DougDew I just posted in the Baker thread, is there a QB that even gets the Colts headed in the right direction? I don’t believe so. 

Baker would be my first choice, and I think he’ll cost more than the fans would want to give up. At least, the 42nd pick IMO.

What Mayfield are we getting. The good version or one who was mediocre with a loaded offense? We have JT and Pittman. 

24 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

What’s funny is destiny had to put that out there after Lawrence’s report. So someone’s sources are lying.

Theory here.

browns are leaking one thing hoping to drive up the price

colts leaking another to either lower the price or show they aren’t interested

somewhere in the middle is the truth. 

Just now, csmopar said:

Sure they can, Watsons cap hit with the new deal is only 1 million or so was posted yesterday 

Ha, so essentially they could just offer him a bunch of guaranteed money and then sit him for however long it takes to get the offer they want?

1 minute ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

AI colts had Ryan wanting to come here. Baker wants to come here. Now Mariota wants to come here.  But yet colts still don’t have a QB. Make it make sense.

Everybody wants to be here ... we are the most desired QB destination. They should do a reverse bidding. Whoever offers to come for the least, wins and gets to be our QB. 

15 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

If Owen is right and we have been the most aggressive and we are talking with the Browns then I don’t think a day 2 third rd pick is too much to give up.  We have an extra one.

The other guys have a credible source, Lawrence doesn't.  That seems pretty obvious to me.  

5 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

AI colts had Ryan wanting to come here. Baker wants to come here. Now Mariota wants to come here.  But yet colts still don’t have a QB. Make it make sense.

Is there a thread in this board you don’t choke the life out of?

Archived