Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts QB Watch Party

RollerColt

1 minute ago, Les Poulains said:

That's the point of getting Mayfield; you can try before you buy and simply let him walk next year, if he isn't good. But then, on the other side, if he figures it out, we can pay him on our terms.

The biggest question is if it fails bad are Reich and Ballard gone. Or would they get a chance with a guy they draft in 23.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Les Poulains said:

That's the point of getting Mayfield; you can try before you buy and simply let him walk next year, if he isn't good. But then, on the other side, if he figures it out, we can pay him on our terms.

I can see him collapsing if we traded for him and not immediately signing him to a new contract. 

What does it say about him if the Browns are willing to shell out that kind of money for Watson who will probably be suspended for half the season? 

I noticed this the other day when comparing Baker to Wentz.  Baker threw for the EXACT amount of yards in 2020 as Wentz did in 2021.  Statistically their seasons were very similar including quite a few games with under 250 yards passing.

Baker 2020 = 3563 Yards, 26td,  8 ints, 62.8 completion %, 95.9 Rating, 65.5 QBR; 10 games with under 250 yards passing

Wentz 2021 = 3563 Yards, 27td,  7 ints, 62.4 completion %, 94.6 Rating, 54.7 QBR; 13 games with under 250 yards passing

For those against Baker, I want a more compelling reason other than some of these obtuse comments about him not being good? I would say many fans felt outside of Wentz sporadic play, he did enough on the field to warrant another chance. We were also were a top scoring offense for a good stretch of the season...Now let me show you Wentz 2021 stats vs Baker 2020 (hard to compare last year because of the injuries) stats. Baker did in 2020 in 16 games what Carson did in 2021 with 17 games. 

You can bet that Bakers 2022 numbers if he's on the Colts will be similar if not better than his 2020 numbers. I would make a substantial bet on that. This system and this coaching staff will get him in the right direction. He has the most long-term upside of any QB option we have today outside of a flyer in the draft. 

https://stathead.com/tiny/IfpTG

4 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

I can see him collapsing if we traded for him and not immediately signing him to a new contract. 

What does it say about him if the Browns are willing to shell out that kind of money for Watson who will probably be suspended for half the season? 

Nonsense. He knows he has all to prove. We have no obligation to do anything.

I don't really care what the Browns think. They have been a disgrace thus far, this FA period.

3 minutes ago, cjrulli said:

For those against Baker, I want a more compelling reason other than some of these obtuse comments about him not being good? I would say many fans felt outside of Wentz sporadic play, he did enough on the field to warrant another chance. We were also were a top scoring offense for a good stretch of the season...Now let me show you Wentz 2021 stats vs Baker 2020 (hard to compare last year because of the injuries) stats. Baker did in 2020 in 16 games what Carson did in 2021 with 17 games. 

You can bet that Bakers 2022 numbers if he's on the Colts will be similar if not better than his 2020 numbers. I would make a substantial bet on that. This system and this coaching staff will get him in the right direction. He has the most long-term upside of any QB option we have today outside of a flyer in the draft. 

image.png.a4babaca2b36596da0c29bb80931951b.png

Can you post pic again of stats, it's showing blurry 

5 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

I hear Mike Glennon is a free agent. He would be cheap too. Maybe we can get him if we wait long enough.

/s…

QB's taller than 6'8" are a short list, NFL wise.

Blaine Gabbert is an UFA, and not even 6'5".

Or maybe we can poach Easton Stick from LA Chargers.

I'm unsure if we have enough draft capital to get Easton...

12 minutes ago, cjrulli said:

I want a more compelling reason other than some of these obtuse comments about him not being good?

I dont want him because i dont think he is good, what is weird about that?  he was pretty bad last year, look up any qb rankings you can find and get back to me.  he has had a pretty loaded group of WRs and still did no better than CW did here with a worse cast

hes not a good leader, team mates and the front office dont like him.   

What are we supposed to like about him?

18 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

i dont want him because i dont think he is good, what is weird about that?  he was pretty bad last year, look up any qb rankings you can find and get back to me.  he had a pretty loaded group of WRs and still did no better than CW did here with a worse cast

What teammates don't like him other than OBJ? I'm not being sarcastic, I'm genuinely interested. 

I've heard the criticism of his leadership from the front office but it's really hard for me to take any of that seriously. It's the Browns. He hasn't exactly had stability in the staff there through his 4 years. He's been through what, 3 head coaches? 

1 minute ago, BlackTiger said:

i dont want him because i dont think he is good, what is weird about that?  he was pretty bad last year, look up any qb rankings you can find and get back to me.  he had a pretty loaded group of WRs and still did no better than CW did here with a worse cast

I mean, these are all exaggerations. The Browns have gone on a offensive to make him seem like a terrible guy to justify that they were about to sign an actual (alleged) criminal, and people like you are falling for it.

Fair enough, he's not a great QB, we know this. We could also just get rid next year.

2 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

I dont want him because i dont think he is good, what is weird about that?  he was pretty bad last year, look up any qb rankings you can find and get back to me.  he has had a pretty loaded group of WRs and still did no better than CW did here with a worse cast

He's got swag bro... 

How about when he got boo'd and said to a fan 'say it to my face' or the time he had a hissy fit with a reporter and walked out of the press conference... That's leadership bro... You don't understand swag... Lol

1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

Rumors are they are discussing the new Batman film 

I'm totally fine with that. They can even go into comparing them to the older ones.

Just don't talk Baker..

Just now, IinD said:

He's got swag bro... 

How about when he got boo'd and said to a fan 'say it to my face' or the time he had a hissy fit with a reporter and walked out of the press conference... That's leadership bro... You don't understand swag... Lol

Those things make me want him even more.

7 minutes ago, cjrulli said:

What teammates don't like him other than OBJ?

he got into with Duke Johnson too, and hes had incidents with fans and reporters.  plus the front office doesnt like him 

If we get baker we will have pushed out Carson for someone who is no better on the field and even more disliked off the field 

if you look at stats, rankings, pff...  hes worse than carson 

1 minute ago, IinD said:

He's got swag bro... 

I think it's fair to say he's had his fair share of immature moments. That doesn't mean he can't improve. He's 26 years old. We have the team to help him get there, he just needs to be willing to grow with us. 

I'm not a Baker fan. I still think Matt Ryan is the way to go, but unfortunately the options are getting smaller and smaller. I don't even know how the colts would sell Baker to the team because unless he gets an extension, their just gonna treat him as another one year rental imo

1 minute ago, BlackTiger said:

he got into with Duke Johnson too.  plus the front office doesnt like him 

If we get baker we will have pushed out Carson for someone who is no better on the field and even more disliked off the field 

I don't think what he said regarding Duke Johnson was bad at all, Duke comes back 3 years later with snarky comments...Pretty clear who the child is there. 

IMO, Baker has the potential to be the better QB, is younger and potentially more coachable. 

2 minutes ago, cjrulli said:

I think it's fair to say he's had his fair share of immature moments. That doesn't mean he can't improve. He's 26 years old. We have the team to help him get there, he just needs to be willing to grow with us. 

Honest question, I don't know what side you're on with the Carson Wentz saga, but what is your take their?

26 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

Watson is the shiny object…nothing more.  They’ll regret this, I believe.

1 minute ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

It’s crazy to me some people that don’t want Baker. He is cheap. Has one year left in his contract. Took a bad franchisf to the playoffs. Some people that would rather sit through Jimmy G I don’t get.  We can at least keep up scoring wise with Baker at QB in a tough AFC.

He's by far the best option for where we are, for a multitude of reasons. Age, potential, decent pedigree, his expiring contract.

1 minute ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

It’s crazy to me some people that don’t want Baker.

would have rather kept carson if its come to this.  Hes like a worse version of CW

Its not like Baker is a great leader, and he hasnt produced with better WRs.  

Archived