Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Taylor on Carson Wentz

Restinpeacesweetchloe

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Captain_Colts1317 said:

I’m on the best for the team wagon. I was a big Wentz supporter for most the year. I just feel like he’s not the long term answer. Everyone acts like there’s some big “ team kick Wentz to the curb” the only reason he’s being criticized by me is on field play.

You cannot change your QB every yr and hope for success.   Lots of teams try and most fail.  Look at the Donks.  They do it yr in and yr out.

The best thing for this team right now is Carson Wentz.  We need some stability and then some chemistry will develop. 

We'll know better next yr.   But if anyone is expecting Wentz to come in and be Josh Allen right away....   

3 minutes ago, ChuggaBeer said:

You cannot change your QB every yr and hope for success.   Lots of teams try and most fail.  Look at the Donks.  They do it yr in and yr out.

The best thing for this team right now is Carson Wentz.  We need some stability and then some chemistry will develop. 

We'll know better next yr.   But if anyone is expecting Wentz to come in and be Josh Allen right away....   

I agree with not changing QB every year and unless a massive upgrade jumps out of no where he will be here next year. 

Taylor is just being Taylor. He’s not throwing anyone under the bus. 

Wentz isn’t taking us to the Super Bowl. 

Even if Fisher finds his feet and gets back to his old self… 
Even if our Oline stays healthy and gets back to top 5-10 form…

Even if Taylor builds on this season…
Even if Bradley gets our pass rush going…

The playoffs are a different beast and defenses WILL get pressure on him. And what happens then? Break down of his fundamentels. Tunnelvision. Can’t hit the wide side of a barn. 

2 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

You all were trashing Wentz because you said it looked like his teammates didn’t stick up for him. Now they do and you go what was he supposed to say. Can’t win with some of you.

Where do you come up with this stuff?

6 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

The Colts can't pay the price for any of them.   Maybe Jimmy G.  I see that as a lateral move

It basically is..Wentz gives you the big play threat with more bone head mistakes. Jimmy G gives you more stable play with less bone head mistakes and no explosive play threat. Just depends on what you want in your offense. 

12 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Keyshawn Johnson was on JMV today. He had some good comments on Carson. Starts at 131.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-ride-with-jmv-podcast/id1217975448?i=1000550613813

You love you some Carson Huh? Lol

I was def on the bandwagon for the trade and what may have been. But his play was absolutely atrocious the last half of the season.

Your not going to find any players on the team talk bad about him. That’s not what the Colts do. Even some guys in the media like Johnson are fans of his. Wentz is not a bad person, just played some bad football near the end of last season.

He may unfortunately be our only hope next year, if the Colts want a better option they are going to have to give up a lot more than they can afford. Wentz isn’t the answer but the Colts could also do a better job at getting him some weapons.

9 minutes ago, bravo4460 said:

You love you some Carson Huh? Lol

I was def on the bandwagon for the trade and what may have been. But his play was absolutely atrocious the last half of the season.

Your not going to find any players on the team talk bad about him. That’s not what the Colts do. Even some guys in the media like Johnson are fans of his. Wentz is not a bad person, just played some bad football near the end of last season.

He may unfortunately be our only hope next year, if the Colts want a better option they are going to have to give up a lot more than they can afford. Wentz isn’t the answer but the Colts could also do a better job at getting him some weapons.

I don’t like him or hate him. All I know is I don’t want to give up more picks for a QB unless it’s in the draft. So let Carson sink lt swim in 22.

6 hours ago, Nickster said:

""Great Scott!" is an interjection of surprise, amazement, or dismay. It is a distinctive but inoffensive exclamation, popular in the second half of the 19th century and the early 20th century, and now considered dated."

Didn't realize it was about Winfield Scott.  Always thought it was referring to some dude with Mac in front of his name. 

I have never heard that expression. 

7 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I know we have a lot of QB threads but I think this deserves its own thread. Clearly the players done hate Carson.

Given the classy guy that he is, I would not expect Taylor to say anything different. Imagine the scandal that would ensue if he said the opposite. As long as Wentz is a Colt, his teammates won't trash him.

Now, fans and teammates are not the same. Fans do not have a working relationship with Wentz. They can be critical of Wentz and other players if they want to.

7 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Given the classy guy that he is, I would not expect Taylor to say anything different. Imagine the scandal that would ensue if he said the opposite. As long as Wentz is a Colt, his teammates won't trash him.

Now, fans and teammates are not the same. Fans do not have a working relationship with Wentz. They can be critical of Wentz and other players if they want to.

I get that. I expect him to say good things. But using words like he loves Carson showed how much he does like him. He could of showed respect without going that far.

I get tired of all the trashing and its refreshing to see Taylor say that. The trashing is over the top and goes too far.

5 hours ago, ChuggaBeer said:

I wouldn't go by saying the best thing for this team right now. More like best option at this time.

16 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I get tired of all the trashing and its refreshing to see Taylor say that. The trashing is over the top and goes too far.

That is why we all need to have what in my profession we call "self awareness". I think many of us "trash" players and coaches, and we don't even realize it. But we are bothered by when other members do the same.

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

That is why we all need to have what in my profession we call "self awareness". I think many of us "trash" players and coaches, and we don't even realize it. But we are bothered by when other members do the same.

Criticism and questioning players and coaches is fine. But just spouting the same line all the time Wentz  has to go and he trash doesn’t serve a purpose. It’s not just on here people  do it. So I am not singling out just this message board.  Anyone that looks back and is honest will realize he wasn’t trash. Did he struggle in a few big moments sure. But it was far from a disaster. The team got off to a bad start with injuries and ran out of gas after covid hit. It’s really not hard to see what happened.

14 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Criticism and questioning players and coaches is fine. But just spouting the same line all the time Wentz  has to go and he trash doesn’t serve a purpose. It’s not just on here people  do it. So I am not singling out just this message board.  Anyone that looks back and is honest will realize he wasn’t trash. Did he struggle in a few big moments sure. But it was far from a disaster. The team got off to a bad start with injuries and ran out of gas after covid hit. It’s really not hard to see what happened.

I thought Carson played well overall. He had a couple of bad games but who does not?

8 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I know we have a lot of QB threads but I think this deserves its own thread. Clearly the players done hate Carson.

Why would they hate Wentz? He is their teammate and QB they're football family.. JT is a class act guy and will stick to his team.:D

50 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I agree, with you. I bash people all the time for trying to be a NFL coach or GM. I can always find myself guilty of doing the same thing. The great thing is, thank goodness myself and others are not Colts coach or GM. HAHA I'm sticking with Madden :D

55 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

While I don’t think Wentz is trash, I don’t think he’ll ever carry a team.  Hopefully we give him what he needs next year to succeed.

8 minutes ago, compuls1v3 said:

With a tweet? Hard to read tone over the inter webs.

No kidding there has been so much reading into tweets this off-season and the Super Bowl hasn’t even been played yet.  I think people look at those things and read them how they want to read them tone wise and often it’s not really what the person who sent it was saying.

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

No kidding there has been so much reading into tweets this off-season and the Super Bowl hasn’t even been played yet.  I think people look at those things and read them how they want to read them tone wise and often it’s not really what the person who sent it was saying.

I will say that JT is a very respectable dude, and even if he disliked Wentz, I doubt he’d say it in public.  I really like JTs interviews.  He’s very humble.

9 minutes ago, compuls1v3 said:

While I don’t think Wentz is trash, I don’t think he’ll ever carry a team.  Hopefully we give him what he needs next year to succeed.

If Wentz mental mistakes leaves his body, Colts will be fine. I think IMO he deserves another season to prove himself and Reich needs to prove himself at better play calling and keeping the team balanced.

2 minutes ago, Maniac53 said:

If Wentz mental mistakes leaves his body, Colts will be fine. I think IMO he deserves another season to prove himself and Reich needs to prove himself at better play calling and keeping the team balanced.

Agreed.  The thing is, early in the season, he was taking check downs and throwing it away occasionally, so I know he is capable.   Just need some consistency.

Archived