Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Taylor on Carson Wentz

Restinpeacesweetchloe

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

No better option for the upcoming season. 

Depends on how much you're willing to pay. But realistically, probably not. 

Either way, nobody hates Wentz on the team. I don't think that's ever been seriously argued, and I don't think this comment from JT is newsworthy or important at all. 

17 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

You all were trashing Wentz because you said it looked like his teammates didn’t stick up for him. Now they do and you go what was he supposed to say. Can’t win with some of you.

Show me where I said any of that.

I'm waiting....

6 minutes ago, Superman said:

Nah that's a different exclamation. That's like, "this is blowing my mind." 

My present feeling is different than that...

""Great Scott!" is an interjection of surprise, amazement, or dismay. It is a distinctive but inoffensive exclamation, popular in the second half of the 19th century and the early 20th century, and now considered dated."

Didn't realize it was about Winfield Scott.  Always thought it was referring to some dude with Mac in front of his name. 

6 minutes ago, stitches said:

This is not particularly newsworthy I think... 

No it doesn’t show any insight to what Ballard and Reich will do. But I think when your most valuable player says something like that it’s good to hear. 

1 minute ago, IndyD4U said:

Show me where I said any of that.

I'm waiting....

I didn’t quote any one. I just said some of you have said it. I never said it was you. But yes some on here said it after the season.

1 minute ago, Nickster said:

""Great Scott!" is an interjection of surprise, amazement, or dismay. It is a distinctive but inoffensive exclamation, popular in the second half of the 19th century and the early 20th century, and now considered dated."

Didn't realize it was about Winfield Scott.  Always thought it was referring to some dude with Mac in front of his name. 

I only hear it in Doc Brown's voice. Formative years for me.

great-scott-surprised.gif 

15 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

No it doesn’t show any insight to what Ballard and Reich will do. But I think when your most valuable player says something like that it’s good to hear. 

When the pope tells you "God is great" this is not news. Now if he says the opposite, then that would be news. 

The players know the game they are playing with the media. They get extensive media training in their pre-draft process and then usually only get more polished with the way they interact with media. This sounds like a typical canned answer you would get on a question like this, regardless of how you feel about the guy. In essence, they give the response that's least likely to cause drama, especially since they have nothing to gain by causing the drama and even moreso when their personality seem to be low key, which I believe Taylor is... :dunno: 

BTW I have no reason to think Wentz is not liked by the players. This is not why people don't want him to be our QB. 

2 minutes ago, stitches said:

When the pope tells you "God is great" this is not news. Now if he says the opposite, then that would be news. 

The players know the game they are playing with the media. They get extensive media training in their pre-draft process and then usually only get more polished with the way they interact with media. This sounds like a typical canned answer you would get on a question like this, regardless of how you feel about the guy. In essence, they give the response that's least likely to cause drama, especially since they have nothing to gain by causing the drama and even moreso when their personality seem to be low key, which I believe Taylor is... :dunno: 

BTW I have no reason to think Wentz is not liked by the players. This is not why people don't want him to be our QB. 

If you don’t think him saying that says a lot I don’t have much more to say.

StudMuffin, I understand where you are coming from. Wentz is continually getting trashed on here and even though it's not earthshaking news it is somewhat refreshing to know that the players don't feel the same way. Taylor could have said "yeah, he's a good guy" and let it go at that but he didn't. It's sad, if you point out something positive about Wentz you get thrown under the bus.

13 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

If you don’t think him saying that says a lot I don’t have much more to say.

Look Wentz is probably going to be here next season. Nobody is saying he’s a bad dude, and I’m sure he’s a good guy. I think he is honestly. The issue has always been his play on the field. What do you think Taylor is going to say knowing this guy will be here next season ? Maybe he should have came out and said if Wentz didn’t stink at reading defenses and progressions I would have had 3 more touchdowns and 300 more receiving yards ? Taylor knows they are trying to bait him into saying something to create a story with. 

5 minutes ago, Captain_Colts1317 said:

Look Wentz is probably going to be here next season. Nobody is saying he’s a bad dude, and I’m sure he’s a good guy. I think he is honestly. The issue has always been his play on the field. What do you think Taylor is going to say knowing this guy will be here next season ? Maybe he should have came out and said if Wentz didn’t stink at reading defenses and progressions I would have had 3 more touchdowns and 300 more receiving yards ? Taylor knows they are trying to bait him into saying something to create a story with. 

You guys can’t keep jumping ship every year and wanting a new QB when something doesn’t go right. The truth is the injuries in camp and covid hitting at the wrong time is why we didn’t make the playoffs.  You guys are acting like the season was a disaster. It wasn’t. The fact we were able to come back after 1-4 is pretty remarkable. This team was a lot of fun to watch when they started to get things going. Quit blaming the last two games in one guy.

10 minutes ago, Captain_Colts1317 said:

I think Taylor likes Wentz and his game.  Otherwise if Wentz was tearing it up Taylor may not have won the rushing title. LOL

3 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

You guys can’t keep jumping ship every year and wanting a new QB when something doesn’t go right. The truth is the injuries in camp and covid hitting at the wrong time is why we didn’t make the playoffs.  You guys are acting like the season was a disaster. It wasn’t. The fact we were able to come back after 1-4 is pretty remarkable. This team was a lot of fun to watch when they started to get things going. Quit blaming the last two games in one guy.

Let them keep digging that hole Muffin (do you mind if I call you Muffin? LOL)

Next yr when he gets back, is more comfortable and younger players mature and a couple more added   They'll be back on the wagon.   

9 minutes ago, ChuggaBeer said:

Next yr when he gets back, is more comfortable and younger players mature and a couple more added   They'll be back on the wagon.   

I’m on the best for the team wagon. I was a big Wentz supporter for most the year. I just feel like he’s not the long term answer. Everyone acts like there’s some big “ team kick Wentz to the curb” the only reason he’s being criticized by me is on field play.

12 minutes ago, ChuggaBeer said:

20 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I remember you changing your name specifically because you said It looked like Wentz was probably gone… 

Archived