Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Taylor on Carson Wentz

Restinpeacesweetchloe

On 2/9/2022 at 12:26 PM, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

You all were trashing Wentz because you said it looked like his teammates didn’t stick up for him. Now they do and you go what was he supposed to say. Can’t win with some of you.

No, we were trashing Wentz for many other reasons.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/9/2022 at 1:43 PM, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

You guys can’t keep jumping ship every year and wanting a new QB when something doesn’t go right. The truth is the injuries in camp and covid hitting at the wrong time is why we didn’t make the playoffs.  You guys are acting like the season was a disaster. It wasn’t. The fact we were able to come back after 1-4 is pretty remarkable. This team was a lot of fun to watch when they started to get things going. Quit blaming the last two games in one guy.

Wasn’t it you who indicated you’d jump ship if the team dropped Wentz?

Btw, most people here haven’t indicated they’d give up on the team over the QB situation. We’re all just frustrated and voicing our opinion.

On 2/9/2022 at 7:19 PM, NFLfan said:

Given the classy guy that he is, I would not expect Taylor to say anything different. Imagine the scandal that would ensue if he said the opposite. As long as Wentz is a Colt, his teammates won't trash him.

Now, fans and teammates are not the same. Fans do not have a working relationship with Wentz. They can be critical of Wentz and other players if they want to.

Well said. I’d argue it’s almost our responsibility as the fan base to let ownership know when there’s a problem so there is public pressure to correct it.

Not that they don’t already know it…

On 2/10/2022 at 1:14 PM, Four2itus said:

Ya....that is not even close to a reality. You and I may have been on board, but significant portion of the fan base was not. 

I still find this amazing. I might feel frustration, anger, or disappointment after a big loss, disappointment being the most common emotion.

Embarrassment? Never. I wasn't on the * field. 

Me embarrassed?  No.   Should the players have been embarrassed?  Yes.  That’s the difference.  Them losing impacts their lives directly.  As much as fans want to feel a part of the team they aren’t thus when they lose or win it only impacts you as much as you let it emotionally.  I am not perfect I’ve felt a lot of frustration or anger or sadness after loses over the years but it always fades fast because my life goes on and at the end of the day I have the same good things in my life I had before they loss and I have the same problems I had before the loss.  Those don’t change.  I’ve always said if the biggest issue in your life is your favorite football team you should be very grateful because you have a great life.

Archived