Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Playoffs Discussion-- Divisional Round, Jan 22 to Jan 23, 2022

NFLfan

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I know that will probably come back to bite me lol.

Anyone see this.

ill keep saying it and saying it again.  It boggles my mind that we pay Hines to be an all purpose player and we only use him on screens, sweeps, and up the gut runs.

dude has the hands of a receiver, 4.3 speed, and vision of a RB.  Smh he is a walking matchup nightmare

1 minute ago, smittywerb said:

ill keep saying it and saying it again.  It boggles my mind that we pay Hines to be an all purpose player and we only use him on screens, sweeps, and up the gut runs.

dude has the hands of a receiver, 4.3 speed, and vision of a RB.  Smh he is a walking matchup nightmare

Hines snaps weee only 4% less then 2020. His usage was all on the QB.

9 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Hines snaps weee only 4% less then 2020. His usage was all on the QB.

i didn’t say we’re not using him.  I think we’re using him wrong.  Line him up on the line out wide and either a LB, safety or extra DB has to account for him.

i didn’t say we’re not using him.  I think we’re using him wrong.  Line him up on the line out wide and either a LB, safety or extra DB has to account for him.

The QB has to hit  them and see then and Carson did hit him in a couple like that. 

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

Landry is a FA again.  Fat chance of that happening.

Maybe we can do what Titans did with Autry lol.

1 minute ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

The QB has to hit  them and see then and Carson did hit him in a couple like that. 

Maybe we can do what Titans did with Autry lol.

I rarely saw Hines used as a receiver on the line.  he was was coming out of the backfield which proves my point.  We’re not using him right.  Or like you said, he’s not getting thrown the ball.

I rarely saw Hines used as a receiver on the line.  he was was coming out of the backfield which proves my point.  We’re not using him right.  Or like you said, he’s not getting thrown the ball.

Either way, it is on Reich.

I'm rooting for the Titans.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Popular Now

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• You might want to reconsider bringing me in….  I’m 68.  My 40 times are measured by a calendar these days.  In school in 1971, I could throw a ball 60 yards into a bucket, but today it’s more like barely 6 yards…
    • Now you’re expanding your Nelson-Leonard narrative to include Kelly and Smith?    So I’d answer….  No, you couldn’t say that.       Smith has consistently graded out well.   Even in his falloff year of 22, both his run and pass blocking grades are roughly 75.   Those are good grades.  The Kelly falloff happened after his 2nd contract deal.      As for Nelson and Leonard, decisions that big are run past the medical staff.  They give a professional medical opinion.  The decision is not Ballard’s alone to make in a vacuum.   If he gets the ok, then a deal is done.   You can even see finger prints on the Nelson deal…. 4 years instead of the expected 5.   Even Smiths deal is 4 years.   And, for that matter, so was Kelly’s.   Only Darius went five years.    You’re arguing with the benefit of hindsight.   No one knew this was going to happen. 
    • I'm not as convinced as you that Ballard is on the hot seat. In theory, to embrace this kind of strategy would probably require a commitment from Irsay that he'd at least be safe through 2024, to see how the strategy pays off. I'm not sure if that would happen.   I personally wouldn't mind that strategy at all. I'm not super convinced that we need to punt on this year's draft class, but I definitely think Caleb Williams is better than anyone this year. And vets like Buckner, Gilmore, JT, etc., don't line up with the contending window around a rookie QB in 2023, much less 2024. But I don't see Ballard moving all those guys, even if Irsay guaranteed him the next five years. Also, from an asset standpoint it makes sense, but I think we have to acknowledge the locker room aspect.
    • I actually hope Morris is the selection. More experience, more contacts , knows both sides of the ball and I think if hired, we get an extra draft pick. Not sure what round but if it's this year, might include that in a package to move up in the draft.
    • That's fine, no big disagreement, except the bolded. There are a lot of teams in fairly recent history with good QBs on non-playoff teams. You follow the Packers, right? In 2018, Aaron Rodgers played all 16, and they won 6 games. The Saints had several 7 win seasons with Brees throwing 5,000 yards. And in Ballard's own words, 'you're never one player away,' and 'it's never about one player.'    Of course I agree that a good QB significantly raises your floor. But you have to support your QB, otherwise he's languishing away in a bad situation.
  • Members

• twfish

twfish 1,604

• csmopar

csmopar 11,489

• davidshoff

davidshoff 1

Rookie
    • jal8908

jal8908 0

Rookie
    • compuls1v3