Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Playoffs Discussion-- Divisional Round, Jan 22 to Jan 23, 2022

NFLfan

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Awesome games this weekend. I enjoyed them. I was rooting for Buffalo today, but I am okay with KC winning. Neither team deserved to lose. 

Next week I am rooting for the 49ers and Bengals. 

Same here.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feel for Josh Allen, that guy played amazing and deserved better.  It is unfortunate that someone had to lose that game.  

The bottom line is when any team has a 3 point with 13 seconds left, appropriate game management and defensive play calling should be enough to win the game. 

The throws to Hill and Kelce were way too easy. Can't give up 20 yards like that underneath when a FG ties game. 

I agree with Romo that they should have brought some pressure and forced Mahomes to get rid of the ball quickly more in that situation. Its almost as if that Hill TD on the drive before spooked the defensive staff and they got way to soft and deep on their zones.    

45 minutes ago, Happy2BeHere said:

I’m just shell shocked! Unbelievably shocked! Bills should have won this just unbelievable. Feel bad for Allen, he won the game and the defense lost it.

Absolutely terrible defensive strategy for the last 13 seconds. And to think these coaches make millions to do that. Pathetic

9 minutes ago, SR711 said:

Feel for Josh Allen, that guy played amazing and deserved better.  It is unfortunate that someone had to lose that game.  

The bottom line is when any team has a 3 point with 13 seconds left, appropriate game management and defensive play calling should be enough to win the game. 

The throws to Hill and Kelce were way too easy. Can't give up 20 yards like that underneath when a FG ties game. 

I agree with Romo that they should have brought some pressure and forced Mahomes to get rid of the ball quickly more in that situation. Its almost as if that Hill TD on the drive before spooked the defensive staff and they got way to soft and deep on their zones.    

Yea I dont understand every D coordinator in the league does this, get away from what works and go into this super safe shell to not allow the big play, but will allow 20 yard short passes right down the field. It just doesn't make sense.

2 minutes ago, SR711 said:

Gambling on offense is a current trend, but the Bills could have gambled more on defense tonight.

33 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

Easier said than done, with that late flurry of scores, both defenses were gassed and neither one was stopping anybody at that point.

So true.

I can't imagine how dead those defensive players felt chasing Mahomes and Allen all night..

And it was cold on top of that.

Tough...

1 hour ago, Nesjan3 said:

Yea I dont understand every D coordinator in the league does this, get away from what works and go into this super safe shell to not allow the big play, but will allow 20 yard short passes right down the field. It just doesn't make sense.

It's how great QBs build their comeback legends, driving their teams down the field in ridiculously short amounts of time. 

If something works for the first 58 minutes or so of a game, why you would quit it in the final 2:00 has always been a mystery to me, especially in a 1 score game.

Even with 13 seconds left I knew the Chiefs would somehow win that game.

What kind of defense just lets receivers run 10+ yards uncontested on back to back plays to get them in field goal range? That was Jim Caldwell on the Colts level of defense right there.

At least Brady lost, and even then, the Rams did everything in their power to give them that game (and people were still telling us how awesome and GOATy Brady was for getting them to that comeback, apparently Brady caused the Rams to fumble three times and have an unexpected snap go over Stafford's head).

I'm sure next year the Patriots will go like 14-3 and Mac Jones will be playing at a Mahomes-like level too.

37 minutes ago, buffalo34 said:

What kind of defense just lets receivers run 10+ yards uncontested on back to back plays to get them in field goal range? That was Jim Caldwell on the Colts level of defense right there.

At least Brady lost, and even then, the Rams did everything in their power to give them that game (and people were still telling us how awesome and GOATy Brady was for getting them to that comeback, apparently Brady caused the Rams to fumble three times and have an unexpected snap go over Stafford's head).

I'm sure next year the Patriots will go like 14-3 and Mac Jones will be playing at a Mahomes-like level too.

Nobody understands why or how these D coordinators do that at the end of games. They all do it also, but hey they are in the league were not we all must be dumb. 

10 hours ago, buffalo34 said:

Man dude, that was devastating. My hats off to Josh Allen, he played outstanding. You guys have so much bad luck.

13 hours ago, buffalo34 said:

I'm used to these "Football Eeyore" comments being directed at the Patriots, so this is a little weird for me. :thmup:

too good to be true disney GIF

As a Bills fan, you have every reason to be optimistic. Your team remains on the rise and no, the Patriots are not catching the Bills next season, or anytime soon for that matter, if I'm being honest. The Bills should rule the AFC East for a bare minimum of 5 more years, and will be a perennial playoff contender for at least that long. And last night your QB took a huge step toward  becoming a household name that even non-NFL fans will recognize. 

Candidly, I thought the Bills going to get routed last night, but I was dead wrong. Regardless of the final score, Buffalo proved a lot to the football-watching world yesterday. There is a bright future ahead. 

14 hours ago, buffalo34 said:

We missed your commentary yesterday.  It was a great game.

I am so impressed with Allen this year and his play yesterday was phenomenal.  Both QBs were.  I found myself wanting both to win.  Not possible,  I know, but they both played SB MVP worthy game.

Archived