Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021/22 Colts at Jags Post Game thoughts.....

EastStreet

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is what it is. They had the talent and ability to hang with and beat any team in the league. And could somehow also find ways to % the bed at any time. 

Another awful effort from reich. There will always be a ceiling with him calling plays.

Very few more embarrassing efforts than we saw today. 

5 minutes ago, tvturner said:

Please name a replacement for Chris Ballard.

I beg you.

Please do.

There's a reason he's talked about as one of the best GMs by execs every year

so was grigson he won gm of the year ...   at some point you have to move on if the team cant win games .   every single year there are guys who can be a gm in this league its up to irsay i dont watch any other team or have a team  of scouts so i wouldnt know . 

4 minutes ago, RevoltingBlob said:

-I've heard Reich called an "offensive genius" so many times over the years, what is it ppl see that I don't? Rarely do the Colts show us anything new, just basic vanilla offense. 

It's what happens when you have to build a gameplan around a mediocre QB with accuracy and progression issues

He's running a system limited by the quarterback.

The expressions of the offensive players today show it.

3 minutes ago, tvturner said:

It's what happens when you have to build a gameplan around a mediocre QB with accuracy and progression issues

We weee pretty efficient in the middle of the season in the psssing game. People trashed Reich after Bucs and Reich over corrected and the offense lost its balance.

4 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

After thr Cards game I thought the draft and free agen y would be easy. Simply get a wr and corner. Now, where to start. No pressure upfront. This Dline is a,joke and so much invested in it. 

This is why Eberflus and Baker have to go. I exude to believe the talent on dline is that bad. Baker hasn’t developed anyone.

31 minutes ago, MarquisJ said:

Where’s all the don’t panic people at? Here we are multiple awful weeks from wentz, no first rounder, not a WR1 in sight to include pass rusher. Frank Reich rather players be his friend while simultaneously being unprepared week in and week out. I mean seriously Jags are the worst team in football you win and your in and back to back weeks you tuck your tail. Embarrassing. Chris Ballard needs some serious self evaluating as well. 

i agree ballard hired all of these players and coaches, this is the team he built

2 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

We weee pretty efficient in the middle of the season in the psssing game. People trashed Reich after Bucs and Reich over corrected and the offense lost its balance.

Carson Wentz hasn't played good football in over 8 weeks.

But you'll never acknowledge it because to you, Carson is a top 5 QB in the league who has never done anything wrong in his career

1 minute ago, tvturner said:

ballard brought wentz in and frank pushed for him its their fault .  no way around it no one else even made a offer on wentz the bears never did .     colts could of got mack jones by moving up 7 spots in the draft .     ballard failed to get weapons in 5 years for the offense he failed to get a pass rush  also .    after 5 years the roster needs to be better  overall

Just now, coming on strong said:

ballard brought wentz in and frank pushed for him its their fault .  no way around it no one else even made a offer on wentz the bears never did .     colts could of got mack jones by moving up 7 spots in the draft .     ballard failed to get weapons in 5 years for the offense he failed to get a pass rush  also .    after 5 years the roster needs to be better  overall

Mac Jones is not a fit for this offense AT ALL.

2 minutes ago, tvturner said:

Carson Wentz hasn't played good football in over 8 weeks.

But you'll never acknowledge it because to you, Carson is a top 5 QB in the league who has never done anything wrong in his career

He was efficient Thst doesn’t mean we passed a ton. He was very good in Bucs game. Texans were bad so we didn’t have to do much that game. It’s clear as day what happened.

This is NOT an overreaction. This offense STINKS!!!!! Take away JT and what do you have? Is it DYNAMIC with multiple playmakers across the board? No. Do you have that trigger man at qb who can put the team on his back like the elites? No. (Remember Carson was almost the #1 pick overall) and looks more like a below average qb. Is the offense explosive? No. Do I see multiple formations, pre snap movement, exotic routes or no huddle as change of pace? No. Do I see an offense that teams fear? No. More receivers or not do I think Wentz can constantly hit them while making the RIGHT football decision? No.

Is Frank even CAPABLE of scheming a top flight offense or is he stuck in that bygone era of football as a playcaller? I think we all know that answer....

Now on to that BEND but don't BREAK defense that allows the 10 yd cushions for receivers while providing a sporadic pass rush with a dc who doesn't like to blitz. ENOUGH SAID!!!!!!

Philosophies HAVE to change and talent level has to be upgraded in order for this team to get where it needs to go. We couldn't beat a TWO WIN team who got beat by a rookie qb last week while giving up 50 pts!!!!! Let that sink in.....

I think the simple conclusion is; Wentz proved his doubters right and now we're minus draft capital with someone at QB who hasn't proven he's good enough. This is a bad situation.

We already know the receiving corps isn't great, the secondary isn't great, the left tackle situation isn't good enough. We knew that before the season, that still stands and it's on Ballard.

Therefore, the conclusion is Wentz. And it's not good. And you can attach Reich to that because Wentz is his boy.

3 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

If you think this entire game was on Wentz your wrong. Yes he played bad. But the oline protection was so bad. I have never seen our oline play that bad. Ballard failed like you said to bring in any weapons. He leaned to much on the pass rush. 

Did anyone see Pittman and TY laughing on the bench. Not a good look.

1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

it blows my mind how ballard is so untouchable 5 years 41-40 record but he is the savior of the colts .  

I think Ballard has done well above average drafting talent. Below average picking scheme... 

And his familiarity likely clouded his judgement on Fisher. Just didn't work out. 

2 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

He was efficient Thst doesn’t mean we passed a ton. He was very good in Bucs game. Texans were bad so we didn’t have to do much that game. It’s clear as day what happened.

He turned the ball over 3 times against Tampa.

The turnover battle is why we lost that game 

39 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

The fact Eberflus came out in zone and just let jags March down field was pathetic. 

I said during the week that after the Raiders marched down the field opening drive, I would take the ball and not risk it turning negative once again, going down 7.

1 minute ago, Wentzszn said:

If you think this entire game was on Wentz your wrong. Yes he played bad. But the oline protection was so bad. I have never seen our oline play that bad. Ballard failed like you said to bring in any weapons. He leaned to much on the pass rush. 

Not a good look, but what more could they have done today? As you said, the OL got owned for the most part and there wasn't a QB good enough to help get them out of trouble.

11 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

So Frank was building game plans based on what the fans wanted? If so, he needs fired today. You don’t seriously believe this do you? 

13 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

If i was Ballard and Reich first thing I would do is fire three coaches. That’s Brady, Eberflus, and Brian Baker. They have g for it done all season. Yes Brady makes the game plan all week and he has failed. 

Baker really has to go. Definitely agree there. I don't like Eberflus either so I wouldn't mind seeing him go as well.

4 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

How dare Hilton laughs in his last game as a Colt.

The facial expressions of the Colts bench were those of a team that had given up on its quarterback

1 minute ago, #12. said:

I said during the week that after the Raiders marched down the field opening drive, I would take the ball and not risk it turning negative once again, going down 7.

Agree, but I doubt it it would have mattered today.

33 minutes ago, SR711 said:

1. This is an average team. For all the Leonards and Taylors he has drafted, there are an equal amount of busts who Ballard selected. 5 years in and the record speaks for itself. 

2. Safe to say we are not winning anything big with Wentz as Qb which means dont expect massive upgrades at skill positions next year because I dont see Ballard selling away his precious "cap space" when they are not even sold on their QB being upper echelon.

3. Eberflus needs to be fired tomorrow and Chris Ballard needs to be told the next DC hire, scheme will be solely Frank Reichs call. Ballard will have no input as his priror decisions regarding this have been an abject failure.

4. Reich needs to be told that he and his buddy Wentz have one season to show something (i.e. playoffs, division title)or the they will both be looking for employment in 2023.

Terrible, disgusting and unacceptable organizational failure on all levels today.

Irsay should be irate.

Chris Ballard (the Smartest Guy In Every Room He Walks Into, just ask him or the fawning media) has most capably handled the easiest positions to fill and ignored or just missed on the hardest—Edge, CB, WR, QB. 

Archived