Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Carson availability

hoosierhawk

2 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I was all for the Wentz trade. He has had a bounce back year. I am very pleased but is he the guy to take us to the super bowl? The  Cardjnals game exposed the 2 faces of Went. The elite physi al traits and ability to come back.  However, I was some what,alarmed as he did look scared for most of the game. 

I'm sure he was.    4 of his 5 starting olinemen were out.  Also injuries to a few other olineman and Doyle.    He still got it done in the end.    

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I was all for the Wentz trade. He has had a bounce back year. I am very pleased but is he the guy to take us to the super bowl? The  Cardjnals game exposed the 2 faces of Went. The elite physi al traits and ability to come back.  However, I was some what,alarmed as he did look scared for most of the game. 

I agree. It seems he has proven that last season was the outlier which is what we all hoped for. What’s crazy to me is if you compare his career stats in his first 6 seasons to guys like Andrew Luck, Peyton Manning, and Tom Brady it’s unreal how he stacks up. Obviously he doesn’t pass the eye test like those guys did but it’s still unreal how good he’s actually been. His biggest knock was being injury prone but from what he’s shown us is that he’s as tough as anyone in the league. I’m super excited to watch him and the Colts continue to grow and hopefully be very successful.

6 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Nice to hear Laura gets first scoop on a few things. Bill Polian had a relationship with Mortensen at ESPN and felt like he gave the national guys first dibs instead of local folks sometimes.

Well she literally works for the Colts so I am sure that helps :)

10 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Well she literally works for the Colts so I am sure that helps :)

Sometimes I felt Polian ran a tight ship that folks that worked for the Colts had to leak it to JMV or something like that before word gets out, especially remembering the Peyton bursa sac start to the 2008 year.

20 hours ago, SchlicterSZN said:

I thought this Wentz guy was weak, had not guts, and was made of glass, missing tons of games he could and should have played in???

I'm starting to think Philly fans are just kinda clueless...lol.

I must be open and honest here, these were my thoughts exactly a year ago. But my mind has been changed. I must say, he’s finally done enough to impress me. It wasn’t a quick or easy transition but I’m happy enough with him to say it was worth the ride so far

4 minutes ago, NDSU_Guy said:

I cant decide if his warm up looks more like a stork walking sideways in a hurricane or the first steps a baby giraffe takes.

I'm just glad to see him out there and mobile!

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Cant be worse than Peyton on a boot leg. :) 

Man I miss him!  

Those were the days!

On 1/1/2022 at 2:38 PM, holeymoley99 said:

Redmond back up because Sendejo is still  out. Expect Willis to start and Addae and Odum to rotate other spot.

Hundley brought up because Morgan still on Covid list and need the backup to Sam if Carson regresses which is doubtful

Senat likely makes it through waivers and back to P.S. Hunt hard to tell if he wants to play or was doing his old club a favor in a pinch but wouldnt mind him on P.S. rest of season

Senat actually didnt make it through was scooped up by the Jets and expected to get snaps this weekend for them with George Fant out. We signed Shon Coleman into his spot, Shon was a high round draft pick who has had injuries derail his once promising career.

On 1/1/2022 at 3:21 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They have a statue of Rocky so they aren't all that bad :thmup:, After beating Apollo the statue was well deserved. Rocky 3 is still my favorite sports movie, when he beat Clubber that was awesome lmao 

The one thing about clubber is what happened after?   He wouldn’t retire.  He was dominating the rest of the field.  Wouldn’t he ask for a 3rd rematch?  Wouldn’t he just retake the championship after rock retires?  Wouldn’t he fight drago?   Wouldn’t he be the champ when tommy was training?   I have so many questions.  Lol

2 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

The one thing about clubber is what happened after?   He wouldn’t retire.  He was dominating the rest of the field.  Wouldn’t he ask for a 3rd rematch?  Wouldn’t he just retake the championship after rock retires?  Wouldn’t he fight drago?   Wouldn’t he be the champ when tommy was training?   I have so many questions.  Lol

I always wondered about that as someone that loved the 1st 3 Rocky's? Clubber was like a Mike Tyson, he was 31-0 31 KO's and his only loss was to Rocky in the 2nd fight. He knocked Rocky out in the 1st fight. Maybe Clubber got his huge money and he did win the Championship  so after the loss he said screw it haha . 

16 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I always wondered about that as someone that loved the 1st 3 Rocky's? Clubber was like a Mike Tyson, he was 31-0 31 KO's and his only loss was to Rocky in the 2nd fight. He knocked Rocky out in the 1st fight. Maybe Clubber got his huge money and he did win the Championship  so after the loss he said screw it haha . 

He ate his way into a diabetic coma.......oh wait that was James Buster Douglas

22 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

Clubber would have no reason to fight Drago, he was never the Champ, nor would I doubt if he was ever even a ranked contender. He beat Creed in an exhibition match, then Rocky flew to Moscow and avenged Apollo.

51 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

Clubber would have no reason to fight Drago, he was never the Champ, nor would I doubt if he was ever even a ranked contender. He beat Creed in an exhibition match, then Rocky flew to Moscow and avenged Apollo.

One question down!

Archived