Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

More Covid cases

CR91

3 minutes ago, adubb84 said:

Brutal. Now we MUST use Davenport is some capacity… We need Kelly ASAP. Hoping the boys in blue can deliver another gusty performance on Sunday. Good news is that all of this is happening NOW before the playoffs start. 

It will run through the team fast. All we can hope for, is some kind of roster depletion for the Raiders as well.

Some good news is our back-up o-linemen got some important game minutes last week. They always prep as if they might get the call. This week...they know they are getting the call. 

11 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I am not panicking until Sunday. Some of these might be close contacts to who went on list Saturday. I mean they were on the plane to AZ. Some might be vaccinated. We will have to see.

My thought exactly. Those may be guys that were sitting next to the guys on the plane and are just on the list via close contact and not an actual positive test. Time will tell...

4 minutes ago, Shive said:

My thought exactly. Those may be guys that were sitting next to the guys on the plane and are just on the list via close contact and not an actual positive test.

It’s early in the day. Typically they would run two tests so we wouldn’t know until afternoon. So it seems this may be just going through the close contacts.

I can almost guarantee glow and Kelly will be back. The big concern is Fisher. He needs to go if Braden can’t. Then Pryor moves to RT. That won’t be bad. Of course we will have to wait and see. Pretty sure Braden is not vaccinated.

If Wentz is going to get it he better get it next couple of days so he can at least play against jags. 

22 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Wasn’t Smith out with covid during the preseason?

It’s honestly a bit embarrassing with all these starters and even back-ups now out with covid. If you want your big contract the least you can do is make every effort to be available to your team - that includes getting vaccinated. JMO.

9 minutes ago, CR91 said:

No. He's out for the Raiders game if he tests positive. If Fisher is out, Davenport starts at LT

Damn! What is it with our highest paid players and their idea about not wanting to be vaccinated?! No, I’m not very impressed but I get that it is a personal choice and all….

:sigh:

Also remember these guys might of also been the random players that the nfl picks to get tested. So some might be vaccinated.

3 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

It’s honestly a bit embarrassing with all these starters and even back-ups now out with covid. If you want your big contract the least you can do is make every effort to be available to your team - that includes getting vaccinated. JMO.

No. He was a close contact last season.

I don’t wanna see anyone getting sick, but that seems to be out of the question at this point. Maybe we need it to sweep through the building in these next 2 weeks and get it out of the way. I’d rather deal with it now than in the playoffs.

It’s really kind of a cruddy situation to be put in after battling back the way we have this season. We all know which axe we’re waiting on to fall here, and it’s the one that will fall the loudest. 

Excited Lets Go GIF by Travis

Just now, John Hammonds said:

Kinda makes you wonder if you should just have your kids go play with the kids that have chicken pox and get it over with.

I know a lot that did but my parents didn't do that and i got chicken pox at the age of 20 during the summer.  It was not fun.

3 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

I know a lot that did but my parents didn't do that and i got chicken pox at the age of 20 during the summer.  It was not fun.

Same with me, I didnt Chicken Pox until my early twenties. Worst part was, I was traveling through Asia at the time. :(

5 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

I don’t wanna see anyone getting sick, but that seems to be out of the question at this point. Maybe we need it to sweep through the building in these next 2 weeks and get it out of the way. I’d rather deal with it now than in the playoffs.

It’s really kind of a cruddy situation to be put in after battling back the way we have this season. We all know which axe we’re waiting on to fall here, and it’s the one that will fall the loudest. 

Excited Lets Go GIF by Travis

We have to make the playoffs still. Let’s remember that the raiders could barely beat browns with half their team on the covid list.

10 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Smith was out briefly with only a close contact.   But did not get Covid.   Another poster asked that last night and I looked it up on line. 

6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Smith was out briefly with only a close contact.   But did not get Covid.   Another poster asked that last night and I looked it up on line. 

Alrighty. :thmup:
Would have been nice if he’d already been through it. Guess we’ll just have to keep our fingers crossed he’s just a close contact. :goodluck:

Good news is they will be back for jags if nothing else. I don’t know how a loss will effect our afc conference record with other teams.

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Was going to happen.  That’s why I think there a chance the raiders game could get pushed back.

Chances are some come back before Sunday. It won’t get pushed back.

25 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

They are probably worried about possible side effects from the shot that might show up a couple years from now. Just saying. Perhaps they should just postpone the game.

2 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

They are probably worried about possible side effects from the shot that might show up a couple years from now. Just saying. Perhaps they should just postpone the game.

Unless both teams have Covid it won’t be moved. Also side effects show up 5 minutes to 72 hours after and that’s with any shot

9 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

We have to make the playoffs still. Let’s remember that the raiders could barely beat browns with half their team on the covid list.

Missing the playoffs because of Covid, or getting knocked out of the first round because of Covid… what’s the difference?

We’re more likely to cobble together wins over these next 2 weeks without Wentz (I’m just ignoring the elephant in the room now and speaking frankly,) than we are to do that in the playoffs.

Taylor is our best player. But we’re more likely to be able to spread the ball around and still win even if he’s out. We can’t really do that if it’s Wentz who is the one out. And we’ve seen how far they’re willing to go to make sure the backups don’t have to play this season. The unvaccinated are on borrowed time before they test positive at this point, and it’s a longer absence for them when they do test positive. 

The Playoffs start the 15th. If Wentz tests positive after the 4th we’re dead in the water. 

It’s not a real cheery outlook to be quite honest. 

Archived