Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hardknocks episode 6 discussion

Restinpeacesweetchloe

19 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Taylor even looked backed at Frank to see if he should slide to kill clock. That is how easy he made that look.

That was my favorite part. I've been wondering all week why he was looking back so much, nobody is catching him from behind... Now we know.

Note: he still reached 22+ mph (top 5 ball carry speed on season) while looking back at the sideline. Stud.

I agree that was a great episode. My wife has started watching with me and she likes to see the wives, kids and all of the player interaction; its making her a fan of the team. Maybe now she will stop asking me why we have season tickets for a team that we dont even live in the same city as haha. ( And if anyone is wondering what my answer used to be, I would just say "For The Shoe".)

1 minute ago, ColtsLegacy said:

That was my favorite part. I've been wondering all week why he was looking back so much, it ain't like anybody is catching him from behind... He's a smart guy.

Yep because if he slides down the game is over. Colts just take 3 kneels. Pats were out of timeouts. Maybe Frank wanted to pull a BB and pour it on haha . That was why he looked back though. 

This was the best episode yet ! Love how they pulled it all together from start to finish.  

I must admit, I shed a few tears when they were talking about Ryan and Emma and what they've gone through losing their baby daughter. Continued prayers for them. 

Awesome job on this episode, looking forward to seeing more episodes.

21 minutes ago, NorthernColt said:

You think of all the shady organizations in the league with owners, players, coaches. All the bad press with crimes and cover ups etc. Then you see this team, this organization. So proud to be a Colts fan, top to bottom.

BOOM!!   Drop the Mic!!    You win!!

Part of the reason I stay a Colts fan is that they make it easy.   Their values align with mine.   Character counts huge with this franchise.   I don’t just want to win,  I win to win with class and honor and integrity.

It’s easy for me to be a Colts fan, even in our down year of 2019.   It’s easy for me to be a Stanford fan, even in down years like this one.   

When you see some of the bad people on other franchises I’m glad those players will not be on our team.    When we win, I hope we win with honor. 

:colts:

Just now, JlynRN said:

This was the best episode yet ! Love how they pulled it all together from start to finish.  

I must admit, I shed a few tears when they were talking about Ryan and Emma and what they've gone through losing their baby daughter. Continued prayers for them. 

I wasn't real worried when we were 1-4. Of course I was worried a little but I felt like even then we gave away a couple of games. I even posted then it is a marathon not a sprint. I never lost faith. Our roster is really good, Frank is a good coach. Yeah we lack a couple of things here and there like another play making WR, another consistent Pass Rusher but we can beat any team on any given day. If we stay healthy I would take us and KC and give everyone else the field who comes out of the AFC. We have the best running game (RB), best O.Line, and the best D at creating turnovers. We also have a QB that can play good at times, he is huge talent. KC is KC as we know. Pats are dangerous if we play them in Foxboro.

Best TV i’ve seen since Game of Thrones.

wheres whatshisface that poo-poos the show all the time?

If he doesnt LOVE this episode, he really ought to start watching the Corn Hole Championships..... cuz he aint no football fan.

Just a smile on my face the whole time.  Just Wonderfull.  Makes me wanna move to Indy and get a job with the organization.

There are people you want to root for, and then there are people you want to beat. This game was a perfect example of what I am talking about.

This team is full of guys that make it really easy to root for. How can you not feel good for guys like Wentz, JT, Q, Maniac, Kenny Mo, Buck, Grover, Pitt, Kwity.......there is just an endless list of grade A human beings involved in this organization that you want to see do well. 

And to see them beat Belichick and then watch him act like a complete baby in the press conference, as usual........I mean there is little in life more satisfying for a sports fan than that. Dudes a great coach but my god is he a world class DB. Ugh.

I also just love how they operate. The Rookie Cookie Contest is just a genius idea to help the team bond with each other. Kwity was so proud of his cookies, as he shouldve been. They were fantastic.

Chris Ballard is just doing a phenomenal job bringing in good people. And I feel like its really starting to pay off. 

On a certain level, I would rather lose with guys like this than win with guys like BB amd have to watch him act like a petulant child everytime something doesnt go his way. 

8 hours ago, JlynRN said:

Next weeks episode, hopefully when Kelly comes back to the team, will be a big tear-jerker!

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I wasn't real worried when we were 1-4. Of course I was worried a little but I felt like even then we gave away a couple of games. I even posted then it is a marathon not a sprint. I never lost faith. Our roster is really good, Frank is a good coach. Yeah we lack a couple of things here and there like another play making WR, another consistent Pass Rusher but we can beat any team on any given day. If we stay healthy I would take us and KC and give everyone else the field who comes out of the AFC. We have the best running game (RB), best O.Line, and the best D at creating turnovers. We also have a QB that can play good at times, he is huge talent. KC is KC as we know. Pats are dangerous if we play them in Foxboro.

I lost faith when we were 1-4.  I plan to quote my own post of where I made a bet of $10 Starbucks card to anyone that thought we would make the playoffs. Luckily no one took me up on that but I will still acknowledge it didn’t age well.  I won’t lie tho, I still don’t trust frank to keep it together these last 3 games.  They will all be super tough games and you can bet we will get each teams best shot to knock us out of a playoff spot. 

8 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

BOOM!!   Drop the Mic!!    You win!!

Part of the reason I stay a Colts fan is that they make it easy.   Their values align with mine.   Character counts huge with this franchise.   I don’t just want to win,  I win to win with class and honor and integrity.

It’s easy for me to be a Colts fan, even in our down year of 2019.   It’s easy for me to be a Stanford fan, even in down years like this one.   

When you see some of the bad people on other franchises I’m glad those players will not be on our team.    When we win, I hope we win with honor. 

:colts:

The Colts once cut a WR for horse playing with a fire extinguisher. I believe he had a history of off field issues but loved they drew a line with a player and when he crossed it that was it.  We also see our players in the newspapers for charity work instead of the police blotter.  I’m not a fan of athletes being role models but the team embraces that type of man to play for them. 

1 hour ago, IrsaysArmy said:

Can somebody please send a link to the episode last night. 

I’m sure if you use the Google, you’ll find it. I don’t say that to be mean, but the forum doesn’t really like us posting the freebie links. It’s a rule. 

A little off topic but talking about BB being a petulant child made me think of Tom Brady the other night.  Walking to the opposing sideline and talking smack with a coach and then throwing his tablet on the sidelines.  I did see him jawing with the officials too which is classic Brady.

Things don't go his way and he is throwing a temper tantrum.  Glad he isn't our QB.  I truly respect his commitment to his craft and being the best physically and mentally he can be.  But this is sad.  

And to the point many others have made - very proud of this team!

BEST #$&*@!!! EPISODE HANDS DOWN!!!

I’m kind of an emotional basket case right now… and this episode did not help. Cried like a baby lol Happy tears, Sad tears…

Full disclosure: I am not a fan of Wentz. Like not AT ALL. And his joining our team really made me bitter. Was actually trying to see if I could “wait him out” before totally rooting for the Colts again… :(

But this season of Hard Knocks (and this season in general) has made me realize 2 things:

1) Wentz is likely not going anywhere anytime soon… and I can’t stay away from my Colts that long (he and Frank called my bluff haha)

2) Regardless of how I feel about any one player… I freaking LOVE THE Indianapolis Colts TEAM. Always have… always will!

:rock::coltslogo::cheer::1colts::excited:

P.S. - I’m always going to be a day behind on these comments (Wednesday night is AEW wrestling night with the family haha)

3 hours ago, AwesomeAustin said:

The Colts once cut a WR for horse playing with a fire extinguisher. I believe he had a history of off field issues but loved they drew a line with a player and when he crossed it that was it.  We also see our players in the newspapers for charity work instead of the police blotter.  I’m not a fan of athletes being role models but the team embraces that type of man to play for them. 

Chris Rainey should never have been signed.    Ballard wouldn't have signed him

2 minutes ago, DEColtsLover36 said:

I’m kind of an emotional basket case right now… and this episode did not help. Cried like a baby lol Happy tears, Sad tears…

Full disclosure: I am not a fan of Wentz. Like not AT ALL. And his joining our team really made me bitter. Was actually trying to see if I could “wait him out” before totally rooting for the Colts again… :(

But this season of Hard Knocks (and this season in general) has made me realize 2 things:

1) Wentz is likely not going anywhere anytime soon… and I can’t stay away from my Colts that long (he and Frank called my bluff haha)

2) Regardless of how I feel about any one player… I freaking LOVE THE Indianapolis Colts TEAM. Always have… always will!

P.S. - I’m always going to be a day behind on these comments (Wednesday night is AEW wrestling night with the family haha)

Hardknocks have proven the trash about Wentz not being a leader was a lie.

6 minutes ago, DEColtsLover36 said:

I have to admit I was never a Wentz fan either. Was against the trade when it happened before the season but I have changed my tune. I was on record saying so and said I would rather have a Stafford or Carr and I was sad when Rivers retired. 

Having said that after that Ravens game eventhough we lost, he showed he could carry a team again like he did in 2017. We lost the game but not because of him. He played excellent that game. Main reason why I was against the trade was, I didn't think he could stay healthy though. He has and he is better than what Philly has now - it shows. He also has shown me he is a nice person, the media portrayed him has being a locker room cancer. That is far from the truth. I am happy with Wentz at this point, it could be worse.A lot worse.

12 hours ago, JlynRN said:

3 hours ago, IndyEric07 said:

Next weeks episode, hopefully when Kelly comes back to the team, will be a big tear-jerker!

1 hour ago, Indyfan4life said:

The Kelly stuff and tribute to their daughter got me.

I cried at least 85% of this episode lol

Archived