Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 14 discussion

Chrisaaron1023

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing good came in this game when Allen went Diggs way towards the end. Should have gotten that 3rd and 2 converted for 1st and goal, down 24-27, running Allen. Diggs didn’t play like an alpha when it mattered, should have taken the kill shot and made it there

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Nothing good came in this game when Allen went Diggs way towards the end. Should have gotten that 3rd and 2 converted for 1st and goal, down 24-27, running Allen. Diggs didn’t play like an alpha when it mattered, should have taken the kill shot and made it there

Such is life when you have no run game, you have to rely on your star QB and star WR to do almost everything for you, and that is not at all sustainable, as Buffalo is finding out.

26 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Colts wouldn’t be in this position had they not had all the injuries in camp.

Not even just that. We're past that. We should of won 3 games (without bias - clear & obvious to everyone). Then, we are 10-3 & talked about as a legit super bowl contender. If we just win one, we are getting in as a wild card. Had we won 2, we likely win the division + potential bye

13 minutes ago, IndyEric07 said:

Thats enough cheering! Yea it helps the Colts but watching this cheater do this once again ps me off! Screw the Bucs!

I'm with you.. I wasn't rooting for the Bucs. But feel like I'm in the minority. We still have to take care of business.. or we'll be looking up at the other teams next week..bills should've taken that game

16 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

Not even just that. We're past that. We should of won 3 games (without bias - clear & obvious to everyone). Then, we are 10-3 & talked about as a legit super bowl contender. If we just win one, we are getting in as a wild card. Had we won 2, we likely win the division + potential bye

That’s true but I look at the camp injuries causing the slow start leaving no room for error. Plus who is to say we would of blown the ravens game had we played them a couple weeks later. Or the second Titans game. This team is much more settled since those two games. I doubt Wentz throws that INT in overtime against Titans. Because he understands this offense much better now. Taylor would of been used in OT.

I was out at an event and missed all of the second half. I heard though the Bills got hosed by a ton of calls that the Bucs were getting all day (and they were getting them for less than what was happening to the Bills).

A Brady-led team getting highly favorable treatment from the officials? Where has that ever happened before?

The AFC North is absolutely insane right now. Ravens are now potentially without Lamar for who knows how long. Bengals completely flubbed a perfect opportunity to take the division lead. Browns were spiraling downwards, and now suddenly they're potentially favorites again to win the division. 

And even after losing to the Vikings, the flipping Steelers are still alive and in the hunt for the division title as well. 

12 hours ago, buffalo34 said:

I was out at an event and missed all of the second half. I heard though the Bills got hosed by a ton of calls that the Bucs were getting all day (and they were getting them for less than what was happening to the Bills).

A Brady-led team getting highly favorable treatment from the officials? Where has that ever happened before?

True. However, Josh Allen still had a chance with 35 seconds to go, with a 3rd and 2, down 24-27 to get the kill shot done. Your CB Jackson had a chance to come up with an INT down 10-24 so that Brady and the Bucs wouldn't go up 27-10. Brady and his teams don't give you many chances but when you get them, you have to seize them. I thought Bills woke up and did a lot of good things in that game, just that they dug too big a hole to climb out of.

Bills are still a streaky team if they get into the playoffs that can cause an issue or two for a higher seed as a wild card team on the right day, IMO. The OL needs to develop a little more nastiness like the Colts OL, IMO, for the Bills to get to the SB contender level. The team was built to stop the pass and pass the ball, but has to develop balance to get to the next level so that it can play all styles of offense.

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

True. However, Josh Allen still had a chance with 35 seconds to go, with a 3rd and 2, down 24-27 to get the kill shot done. Your CB Jackson had a chance to come up with an INT down 10-24 so that Brady and the Bucs wouldn't go up 27-10. Brady and his teams don't give you many chances but when you get them, you have to seize them. I thought Bills woke up and did a lot of good things in that game, just that they dug too big a hole to climb out of.

Bills are still a streaky team if they get into the playoffs that can cause an issue or two for a higher seed as a wild card team on the right day, IMO. The OL needs to develop a little more nastiness like the Colts OL, IMO, for the Bills to get to the SB contender level. The team was built to stop the pass and pass the ball, but has to develop balance to get to the next level so that it can play all styles of offense.

The incompletion on that 3rd and 2 was a result of a non-DPI call on Diggs:

I had to leave at halftime, but on the final Bills drive of the half Diggs also had his jersey grabbed and no call was made, could have helped the Bills get some points before halftime:

FGfd8J4XwAQQAvb?format=jpg&name=large

In OT, Wallace makes no contact with Evans, Evans initiates the contact and Wallace is called for a flag.

4 minutes ago, buffalo34 said:

I had to leave at halftime, but on the final Bills drive of the half Diggs also had his jersey grabbed and no call was made, could have helped the Bills get some points before halftime:

FGfd8J4XwAQQAvb?format=jpg&name=large

In OT, Wallace makes no contact with Evans, Evans initiates the contact and Wallace is called for a flag.

You know how Colts fans at times. I thought the REFS screwed us against the Bucs as well and many said I was cry baby. I like the Bills and like Josh but I have to root against them because of our situation. My before season SB pick was Bills vs GB. I was shocked at how easily we beat you guys, that was the best mindBlow of the year.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You know how Colts fans at times. I thought the REFS screwed us against the Bucs as well and many said I was cry baby. I like the Bills and like Josh but I have to root against them because of our situation. My before season SB pick was Bills vs GB. I was shocked at how easily we beat you guys, that was the best mindBlow of the year.

To be fair I was pretty nervous going into that game, I thought the Colts matched up pretty well with the Bills. You guys did run roughshod on us in the playoffs last year and you saw a similar gameplan by the Colts a few weeks ago, this time the Colts were able to keep the Bills offense in check.

I know a Colts loss would probably benefit the Bills this weekend, but having to cheer for the Patriots for any reason is just too much for me, so I'll be cheering you guys on this weekend. The Chargers and Browns are obviously two teams we need to watch, fortunately the Chargers are going up against the Chiefs who seem to be hitting their stride, and that Browns/Raiders game on Saturday is probably a coinflip. Of course, this means the Bills do need to win on Sunday against the Panthers.

11 minutes ago, buffalo34 said:

To be fair I was pretty nervous going into that game, I thought the Colts matched up pretty well with the Bills. You guys did run roughshod on us in the playoffs last year and you saw a similar gameplan by the Colts a few weeks ago, this time the Colts were able to keep the Bills offense in check.

I know a Colts loss would probably benefit the Bills this weekend, but having to cheer for the Patriots for any reason is just too much for me, so I'll be cheering you guys on this weekend. The Chargers and Browns are obviously two teams we need to watch, fortunately the Chargers are going up against the Chiefs who seem to be hitting their stride, and that Browns/Raiders game on Saturday is probably a coinflip. Of course, this means the Bills do need to win on Sunday against the Panthers.

You guys will beat the Panthers. Yeah it sucks rooting for the Pats or Brady. Like you I can't stand either and this goes back 20 years haha . In a perfect world, the Pats would finally be irrelevant but because of Darth they aren't. I am surprised the Bills aren't better than 7-6. That Jags loss is the one you may look back on as the season ends.

By the way on my top 20 QB's list of all-time, I had Jim Kelly #20. He made it. The 1990 Bills were the best team never to win a SB for their franchise, them and the 1998 Vikings are in that debate.

1 hour ago, buffalo34 said:

Yep. True. Diggs however, in short spaces, is not a jump ball guy. So, he has to make the forceful move for the PI to show up outrageously visible. That is why I felt he should just play and if he had done that, they would have called. It was like Eric Decker vs Seahawks in that SB, looking for calls and star treatment while the refs let contact go against him. You make a bad@$$ move, play violently so that the shirt tug and contact gets embellished, that is what an alpha WR should do. Cut it inside like a DaVante Adams, let the contact get magnified and you will get the call.

That is exactly what is missing with this Bills team, that "kicking and screaming", the "will not go down in a mellow fashion" attitude, from the OL down to the defensive players. Brady takes off and runs for a first down, the DB had a chance to put a hurt on him, put a hurt on him charging like Bob Sanders so that he will think twice doing that later. At least that is how I would coach my players.

https://www.buccaneers.com/video/tom-brady-rushes-for-another-first-down-bills-vs-bucs-highlights

This is the play I am talking about. 

That is why John Fox was let go with the Broncos and Gary Kubiak was brought in, because Elway felt the Broncos lost to the Colts in timid fashion in 2014 divisional round and did not go out "kicking and screaming". You ever see the Pittsburgh Steelers under Big Ben, WHEN they have a chance to come back in a game. As good as Rodgers and the Packers were in 2010 SB, the Steelers did not make it easy. Even recently, in the Vikings game, they went down swinging. The Bills are a bit wanting in emotion for my liking. Nice guys don't win big, you have to be willing to push the envelope of emotion to win at the next level because everyone else is just as good at the NFL level, it is that "want to win badly and fight till the last minute" that separates teams that win more at the highest level.

4 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Cards are right in the middle of the pack when it comes to run defense. Little better DVOA. But as far as giving up yards they are in the middle of the pack.

First impression of Murray is he throws from the pocket much more then I expected.

He's going to be frustrating when we play him. Hopefully offense plays well.

Archived