Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 14 discussion


Chrisaaron1023
 Share

Recommended Posts

Nothing good came in this game when Allen went Diggs way towards the end. Should have gotten that 3rd and 2 converted for 1st and goal, down 24-27, running Allen. Diggs didn’t play like an alpha when it mattered, should have taken the kill shot and made it there

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Nothing good came in this game when Allen went Diggs way towards the end. Should have gotten that 3rd and 2 converted for 1st and goal, down 24-27, running Allen. Diggs didn’t play like an alpha when it mattered, should have taken the kill shot and made it there

Such is life when you have no run game, you have to rely on your star QB and star WR to do almost everything for you, and that is not at all sustainable, as Buffalo is finding out.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Colts wouldn’t be in this position had they not had all the injuries in camp.

Not even just that. We're past that. We should of won 3 games (without bias - clear & obvious to everyone). Then, we are 10-3 & talked about as a legit super bowl contender. If we just win one, we are getting in as a wild card. Had we won 2, we likely win the division + potential bye

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, IndyEric07 said:

Thats enough cheering! Yea it helps the Colts but watching this cheater do this once again ps me off! Screw the Bucs!

I'm with you.. I wasn't rooting for the Bucs. But feel like I'm in the minority. We still have to take care of business.. or we'll be looking up at the other teams next week..bills should've taken that game

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

Not even just that. We're past that. We should of won 3 games (without bias - clear & obvious to everyone). Then, we are 10-3 & talked about as a legit super bowl contender. If we just win one, we are getting in as a wild card. Had we won 2, we likely win the division + potential bye

That’s true but I look at the camp injuries causing the slow start leaving no room for error. Plus who is to say we would of blown the ravens game had we played them a couple weeks later. Or the second Titans game. This team is much more settled since those two games. I doubt Wentz throws that INT in overtime against Titans. Because he understands this offense much better now. Taylor would of been used in OT.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was out at an event and missed all of the second half. I heard though the Bills got hosed by a ton of calls that the Bucs were getting all day (and they were getting them for less than what was happening to the Bills).

 

A Brady-led team getting highly favorable treatment from the officials? Where has that ever happened before?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The AFC North is absolutely insane right now. Ravens are now potentially without Lamar for who knows how long. Bengals completely flubbed a perfect opportunity to take the division lead. Browns were spiraling downwards, and now suddenly they're potentially favorites again to win the division. 

 

And even after losing to the Vikings, the flipping Steelers are still alive and in the hunt for the division title as well. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, buffalo34 said:

I was out at an event and missed all of the second half. I heard though the Bills got hosed by a ton of calls that the Bucs were getting all day (and they were getting them for less than what was happening to the Bills).

 

A Brady-led team getting highly favorable treatment from the officials? Where has that ever happened before?

 

True. However, Josh Allen still had a chance with 35 seconds to go, with a 3rd and 2, down 24-27 to get the kill shot done. Your CB Jackson had a chance to come up with an INT down 10-24 so that Brady and the Bucs wouldn't go up 27-10. Brady and his teams don't give you many chances but when you get them, you have to seize them. I thought Bills woke up and did a lot of good things in that game, just that they dug too big a hole to climb out of.

 

Bills are still a streaky team if they get into the playoffs that can cause an issue or two for a higher seed as a wild card team on the right day, IMO. The OL needs to develop a little more nastiness like the Colts OL, IMO, for the Bills to get to the SB contender level. The team was built to stop the pass and pass the ball, but has to develop balance to get to the next level so that it can play all styles of offense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

 

True. However, Josh Allen still had a chance with 35 seconds to go, with a 3rd and 2, down 24-27 to get the kill shot done. Your CB Jackson had a chance to come up with an INT down 10-24 so that Brady and the Bucs wouldn't go up 27-10. Brady and his teams don't give you many chances but when you get them, you have to seize them. I thought Bills woke up and did a lot of good things in that game, just that they dug too big a hole to climb out of.

 

Bills are still a streaky team if they get into the playoffs that can cause an issue or two for a higher seed as a wild card team on the right day, IMO. The OL needs to develop a little more nastiness like the Colts OL, IMO, for the Bills to get to the SB contender level. The team was built to stop the pass and pass the ball, but has to develop balance to get to the next level so that it can play all styles of offense.

 

The incompletion on that 3rd and 2 was a result of a non-DPI call on Diggs:

 

 

I had to leave at halftime, but on the final Bills drive of the half Diggs also had his jersey grabbed and no call was made, could have helped the Bills get some points before halftime:

 

FGfd8J4XwAQQAvb?format=jpg&name=large

 

In OT, Wallace makes no contact with Evans, Evans initiates the contact and Wallace is called for a flag.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, buffalo34 said:

 

The incompletion on that 3rd and 2 was a result of a non-DPI call on Diggs:

 

 

I had to leave at halftime, but on the final Bills drive of the half Diggs also had his jersey grabbed and no call was made, could have helped the Bills get some points before halftime:

 

FGfd8J4XwAQQAvb?format=jpg&name=large

 

In OT, Wallace makes no contact with Evans, Evans initiates the contact and Wallace is called for a flag.

You know how Colts fans at times. I thought the REFS screwed us against the Bucs as well and many said I was cry baby. I like the Bills and like Josh but I have to root against them because of our situation. My before season SB pick was Bills vs GB. I was shocked at how easily we beat you guys, that was the best mindBlow of the year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You know how Colts fans at times. I thought the REFS screwed us against the Bucs as well and many said I was cry baby. I like the Bills and like Josh but I have to root against them because of our situation. My before season SB pick was Bills vs GB. I was shocked at how easily we beat you guys, that was the best mindBlow of the year.

 

To be fair I was pretty nervous going into that game, I thought the Colts matched up pretty well with the Bills. You guys did run roughshod on us in the playoffs last year and you saw a similar gameplan by the Colts a few weeks ago, this time the Colts were able to keep the Bills offense in check.

 

I know a Colts loss would probably benefit the Bills this weekend, but having to cheer for the Patriots for any reason is just too much for me, so I'll be cheering you guys on this weekend. The Chargers and Browns are obviously two teams we need to watch, fortunately the Chargers are going up against the Chiefs who seem to be hitting their stride, and that Browns/Raiders game on Saturday is probably a coinflip. Of course, this means the Bills do need to win on Sunday against the Panthers.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, buffalo34 said:

 

To be fair I was pretty nervous going into that game, I thought the Colts matched up pretty well with the Bills. You guys did run roughshod on us in the playoffs last year and you saw a similar gameplan by the Colts a few weeks ago, this time the Colts were able to keep the Bills offense in check.

 

I know a Colts loss would probably benefit the Bills this weekend, but having to cheer for the Patriots for any reason is just too much for me, so I'll be cheering you guys on this weekend. The Chargers and Browns are obviously two teams we need to watch, fortunately the Chargers are going up against the Chiefs who seem to be hitting their stride, and that Browns/Raiders game on Saturday is probably a coinflip. Of course, this means the Bills do need to win on Sunday against the Panthers.

You guys will beat the Panthers. Yeah it sucks rooting for the Pats or Brady. Like you I can't stand either and this goes back 20 years haha . In a perfect world, the Pats would finally be irrelevant but because of Darth they aren't. I am surprised the Bills aren't better than 7-6. That Jags loss is the one you may look back on as the season ends.

 

By the way on my top 20 QB's list of all-time, I had Jim Kelly #20. He made it. The 1990 Bills were the best team never to win a SB for their franchise, them and the 1998 Vikings are in that debate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, buffalo34 said:

 

The incompletion on that 3rd and 2 was a result of a non-DPI call on Diggs:

 

 

Yep. True. Diggs however, in short spaces, is not a jump ball guy. So, he has to make the forceful move for the PI to show up outrageously visible. That is why I felt he should just play and if he had done that, they would have called. It was like Eric Decker vs Seahawks in that SB, looking for calls and star treatment while the refs let contact go against him. You make a bad@$$ move, play violently so that the shirt tug and contact gets embellished, that is what an alpha WR should do. Cut it inside like a DaVante Adams, let the contact get magnified and you will get the call.

 

That is exactly what is missing with this Bills team, that "kicking and screaming", the "will not go down in a mellow fashion" attitude, from the OL down to the defensive players. Brady takes off and runs for a first down, the DB had a chance to put a hurt on him, put a hurt on him charging like Bob Sanders so that he will think twice doing that later. At least that is how I would coach my players.

 

https://www.buccaneers.com/video/tom-brady-rushes-for-another-first-down-bills-vs-bucs-highlights

 

This is the play I am talking about. 

 

That is why John Fox was let go with the Broncos and Gary Kubiak was brought in, because Elway felt the Broncos lost to the Colts in timid fashion in 2014 divisional round and did not go out "kicking and screaming". You ever see the Pittsburgh Steelers under Big Ben, WHEN they have a chance to come back in a game. As good as Rodgers and the Packers were in 2010 SB, the Steelers did not make it easy. Even recently, in the Vikings game, they went down swinging. The Bills are a bit wanting in emotion for my liking. Nice guys don't win big, you have to be willing to push the envelope of emotion to win at the next level because everyone else is just as good at the NFL level, it is that "want to win badly and fight till the last minute" that separates teams that win more at the highest level.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Cards are right in the middle of the pack when it comes to run defense. Little better DVOA. But as far as giving up yards they are in the middle of the pack.

 

First impression of Murray is he throws from the pocket much more then I expected.

 

He's going to be frustrating when we play him. Hopefully offense plays well.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • It impossible to see if receivers are getting open or not by watching on tv because they don’t show the entire field, but I find it very hard to believe the colts receivers aren’t getting open. Ryan creeps throwing into tight, double, or even triple coverage. I’m sure a lot of this has to do with pressure getting to his head. There are no manning or Brady’s  out there any more that can read and anticipate where to go with the ball quickly. All the top young qb’s are a threat to run, making it harder to rush the qb and taking a lb out of coverage to keep them from making a big play running. How many times do qb’s keep drives alive with a scramble? The colts get none! That’s the difference between winning and loosing several games this year and being in the playoff picture. The receivers are big and have shown they can go up and get the ball if given a chance, I don’t think they are the problem. I also thing the line would look a lot better with a mobile qb that would expand the playbook. Time to move on at qb, let’s see what the young guy has and see what is available in the draft. I think the colts are a lot closer to a playoff team than a lot of people here are saying if they get better at qb. 
    • Yep, absolutely agree here. If Irsay is making the decision to keep Ballard, I want him to take his hands off the steering wheel and let Ballard succeed or fail on his own merits and on his own decisions, because the last 4 huge decisions for this franchise all seem to be stemming from Irsay rather than Ballard(getting rid off Wentz, firing Reich, benching Ryan, hiring Saturday). And indeed, if he doesn't trust him to make those type of decisions, he should find someone he trusts to make them. If Ballard is kept and given the chance to pick the next HC and coach IMO Irsay needs to commit to him for at least 2 more years. I don't want Ballard to pick HC, spend big resources(probably multiple high picks) on a QB and be fired mid-2023 when we start 2-6 or something...    That's fair enough. If it were me, I think I would rather someone else make those decisions, but that is also contingent on who that someone is. 
    • If he stays on the job,  then to me, Ballard makes the pick.   If Irsay doesn’t trust him or if the new HC wants control then Ballard should no longer be the GM.    If you want to know do I trust Ballard the answer is….  Mostly yes.   But less than I did before. 
    • lol I just have a feeling were going to beat the Texans and win a game were not suppose to leaving us with 6 wins and a tie, then drafting in the teens. 
    • I just hope they bench Matt Ryan so the next game is a little more interesting, 
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...