Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Titans at Colts Postgame Thoughts

EastStreet

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

#1 JT should have gotten the ball way more. We all know that.

#2 The holding calls on our oline killed us

#3 Nobody could catch the damn ball today. I almost can't blame Carson for throwing to Mike in triple coverage. Dulin? 4 drops on his own? Demote him to the practice squad and give Strachan a chance.

#4 Play action down on own goal line at the end of the game? RTDB

# The coaching staff need to quit telling themselves it's a good idea to put Hines in on clear passing situations for the entire drives. JT can catch and block too and he's a 1000x better. Who in do or die doesn't put there homerun threat in the game?

Just now, BlackTiger said:

Im not a big fan of the new playoff format, the 7 seed faces the 1 and 2 back to back on the road 

Being the low seed has always meant facing murderer's row. Im fine with it now, hated it when it changed....until it got us in the dance last time :D

It is what it is. 

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I'll tell you what....

I've seen Wentz play very good games.

I haven't seen Reich coach really well. Ever... 

A matter of fact, most of the bad games I've seen Rivers or Wentz play the past two years coincided with dip sheet play calling or game plans.

Give me the choice of Reich or Wentz, and I believe I'd win more games with Wentz any day with the same level of surrounding talent. Running JT last TN was inexcusable. 16 times in an OT game is just as inexcusable. And we were in bad 3rd down situations almost all game aside from our fast start, and that's on play calling. 51 passes. 16 runs. DUMBAF.

I totally agree with you.   I'm done with Reich.   I used to defend him because I thought that outside of a couple bone-headed play calls he was a good coach.   Now his poor play calling cancels out any good coaching.  he ruined this game for the Colts and their fans.  This was a close game too (well after he decided to let the Titans come back from a 14-0 lead.  

13 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Colts hung with and could’ve beat the best team in the AFC, but it just wasn’t our day. 

It just wasn't our day today.

It just wasn't our day against the Ravens.

It just wasn't our day against the Rams.

It's got nothing to do with it "not being our day". We're just not good enough to close out the games.

1 minute ago, Hark said:

This ^^^^^^. Looking forward to the rest of the season. Win, lose or draw this is my team. Let's go 1-0 next week.

I may not watch that game Thursday.    Reich has lead this team to be almost unwatchable.  

2 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

we got blessed last year with only having to beat two playoff teams to get  a winning record ,  beating horrible teams all year . this year we had a real schedule and got to see how good the team is .  

That wasn't a playoff team. We squeaked in. No chance of anything 

talent wins games at the end of the day .  You cant line up with one decent wr zero pass rush and bad corners and expect to compete against elite teams .    free agency matters the titans went out and got two big time pass rushers and it payed off .  you cant only build through the draft when ballard drafted 5 good players in 5 years that is not enough to compete . 

1 minute ago, Solid84 said:

It just wasn't our day today.

It just wasn't our day against the Ravens.

It just wasn't our day against the Rams.

It's got nothing to do with it "not being our day". We're just not good enough to close out the games.

The team IS good enought if we didn't have Reich.  He is the weak link.  

Just now, coming on strong said:

talent wins games at the end of the day .  You cant line up with one decent wr zero pass rush and bad corners and expect to compete against elite teams .    free agency matters the titans went out and got two big time pass rushers and it payed off .  you cant only build through the draft when ballard drafted 5 good players in 5 years that is not enough to compete . 

Ballard drafted one of the best Colts players.   Doesn't matter if Reich decides not to use him. 

1 minute ago, Myles said:

I may not watch that game Thursday.    Reich has lead this team to be almost unwatchable.  

To be fair, I am in Mexico this week so didn't get to see today's game. But there are only 17 games in a season so I try to just enjoy each one for what it is, entertainment. Whether the Colts are great or terrible doesn't significantly impact the quality of my life, nor should it. I realize some folks get a lot more wrapped up in the Ws and Ls than I do, but I will go to work tomorrow and live my life the same way with absolutely no regard over what happened to my favorite team on Sunday.

1 minute ago, bluebombers87 said:

While I agree the defense can’t stop teams, it also speaks to poor offenses.

Yeah but when the defense is giving away 24-27 points you're not gonna win much, yeah we get alot of turnovers but that just means the offense has to score a lot of points to win. I mean we can have a 21 point lead and we still get nervous because the defense has always been a liability.

14 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Ballard has had more than enough time for this team to be further along than where they are.  Luck or no Luck he was the one who said we have to be more than one player...so figure it out. His won loss record isn't impressive and we have not won the division since he took over as GM.  Yet we continue to sing his praises.  Not any more. 

I think the seat has to get warm next off season. We got to the playoffs in Reich's first year winning a playoff game, but have mostly stagnated since then.

Ballard's record is now standing at a very mediocre 35-38, 1 playoff win, 2 playoff apearances in 5 years and no conference title in one of the weakesk conference in the NFL. 

This is not anybody's idea of good. He has to face questions on this.

7 minutes ago, Myles said:

I totally agree with you.   I'm done with Reich.   I used to defend him because I thought that outside of a couple bone-headed play calls he was a good coach.   Now his poor play calling cancels out any good coaching.  he ruined this game for the Colts and their fans.  This was a close game too (well after he decided to let the Titans come back from a 14-0 lead.  

At least he just owned up to multiple mistakes a few minutes ago on his presser.

I like and respect that, but I'm tired of the same stuff over and over again.

He owned up to the screen, and 3+4 down calls.

Said he didn't know what the pass/run mix was though lol... wut?

Just now, Zoltan said:

Yeah but when the defense is giving away 24-27 points you're not gonna win much, yeah we get alot of turnovers but that just means the offense has to score a lot of points to win. I mean we can have a 21 point lead and we still get nervous because the defense has always been a liability.

Whole-heartedly agree. Defense today allowed 30+ again. They are not elite. 

I thought the offense looked pretty good when Hines and Taylor were split in the backfield.  Had Titans defense off balance.  Of course, Reich has too low of a football IQ to run the offense out of that formation with greater frequency.  Better to force it 30 yards down field to worn out 4th, 5th, and 6th string receivers.  I swear, a good junior high coach could call a better game than that airhead.  I’m done with the Reich/Wentz experiment.  Oh well, at least with the Hoosiers/Colts loss, I have my weekends back.  Kudos to you Philadelphia.  You received a 1st round pick for the most unintelligent QB in football.  Sleep well.

6 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

I truly believe there is talent on defense, I just think we don't use it our scheme is great against the run but a liability against the pass which would work 20 years ago but we will never win games against good QBs 

Just now, bluebombers87 said:

Whole-heartedly agree. Defense today allowed 30+ again. They are not elite. 

Anyone still hanging their hat on these is elite peg has been lying to themselves for over a year.

Just now, Hark said:
  • Did Dayo play any snaps? Any impressions?

Yes and didn’t do much which was to be expected.

24 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Colts hung with and could’ve beat the best team in the AFC, but it just wasn’t our day. 

Agreed.  We have the players to make a playoff run.  I think they outplayed the Titans.  I don’t understand not running it at several critical times.  If they did I think it’s a win

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Anyone still hanging their hat on these is elite peg has been lying to themselves for over a year.

I think our defense and even our online were drunk on their own sauce after last season.  Neither has been as good as they think themselves to be so far this season.  

Just now, Coltsman1788 said:

I think our defense and even our online were drunk on their own sauce after last season.  Neither has been as good as they think themselves to be so far this season.  

The line has been pretty solid the past few games.  Which is impressive since today was the game the whole stating unit played together.  Honestly I was going to say the positive to take away from today was Fisher played well.  

As bad as this loss,  Reich does not seem to be able to prepare his team to start the season. Starting this game with an under .500 record at the half way point of the season makes this loss even more devastating. With all starters on the OL and we’ll over 30 passing attempts is inexcusable- abandoning the run. There is some concern that except for Taylor no other back is doing much between the tackles.

Archived