Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Issues with Blankenship

indyagent17

Let’s talk about our kicker.

1. His leg is not that strong

2. He has missed a few extra points 

3. This is not the first game where he failed late in the fourth quarter.

4. He doesn’t have any swagger which shows me he is not very self assured. 

Now to the game tonight.  

People keep saying he got hurt tonight and that might be the truth. But being hurt would obviously affect distance. Both and the missed extra point and the field go at the end of regulation had plenty of distance he just hooked them. He let us down in a huge game. I just think he needs to be replaced eventually. 

4 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

If he was injured Sanchez should’ve kicked. I’m sorry missing an extra point is inexcusable. 

Sanchez missed earlier so assuming he would have done better isn’t a sure thing,  you also have Hines now holding who I am sure hasn’t seen many reps at that.  You are asking for trouble.  

Blank missed zero kicks in camp.   Not just the games, but in daily competition.  Zero. 

His vastly improved leg strength was one of the talks of camp.  Everyone talked about.  His leg IS much stronger this year.  

As noted in this thread, something happened in warmups.   It didn’t come out until after the game.   Don’t know how we will deal with it?

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Blank missed zero kicks in camp.   Not just the games, but in daily competition.  Zero. 

His vastly improved leg strength was one of the talks of camp.  Everyone talked about.  His leg IS much stronger this year.  

As noted in this thread, something happened in warmups.   It didn’t come out until after the game.   Don’t know how we will deal with it?

I also think the questions about his leg strength are a little over blown.  As pointed out on the broadcast tonight he did hit a 53 yarder vs Houston last year.  

8 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

When healthy as pointed out above he is money, resign Eddy Pineiro and let Hot Rod heal for 3 weeks on I.R.

If you don’t  Blankenship you’re absolutely would  hate Pineiro. That dude cost of the Bears some games and has an 82% career field goal success rate.

2 minutes ago, IndySouthsider said:

If you don’t  Blankenship you’re absolutely would  hate Pineiro. That dude cost of the Bears some games and has an 82% career field goal success rate.

Pineiro looked excellent all preseason zero misses in either camp nor games, cant think of anyone better to bring in.

5 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Wasn't clutch time in camp was it. Strachan was amazing in camp and you don't see him getting targets. Campbell is soft of a defender is close or touches him he drops it every time. Strachan needs more targets.

15 minutes ago, IndySouthsider said:

Funny. But yes the ones listed have missed kicks in the clutch. They have even missed XP’s.

Don't matter you have to bring in competition and if Hot Rod us hurt. It will be Frank's head to keep letting a kicker kick who has an excuse. I'm so sick of excuses. Everyone is like the Dbs are 3rd string. Dbs didn't lose the game. LBer coverage was the ultimate factor. Leonard got lit up in the pass game. 20mil Dud when it come to stopping a TE. Andrews got.in the endzone 4 times when a lber should have stopped it. Fisher letting Wentz get stripped from the blindside was big too. Allpros letting this team down.

Just now, OffensivelyPC said:

I don't care if he was injured or not.  He either should've made it or we should've known better and hired someone off teh street until we could rely on Blankenship.  You don't just waltz into a game with your pants down around your ankles and hope for the best.

He got hurt during the game so bringing in another kicker wasn’t an option.  

1 minute ago, OffensivelyPC said:

The article I read said it was a flare up.  That suggest he was injured prior to the game.  So, again, should've hired another kicker while Blankenship heals.  

Flare up like Nelson’s back flares up.  Unless you are going to carry two kickers you can’t be prepared for that.  

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Flare up like Nelson’s back flares up.  Unless you are going to carry two kickers you can’t be prepared for that.  

So we should expect flare ups in the future?  Yes I can be prepared for that, hire another kicker.  Unless this was the first time in Blankenship's medical history, then this was not something that should've caught the Colts off guard.  That being the case, hire another kicker because you're basically (and to restate it once more) walking into a game with your pants around your ankles hoping for the best.

9 hours ago, indyagent17 said:

Let’s talk about our kicker.

1. His leg is not that strong

2. He has missed a few extra points 

3. This is not the first game where he failed late in the fourth quarter.

4. He doesn’t have any swagger which shows me he is not very self assured. 

Now to the game tonight.  

People keep saying he got hurt tonight and that might be the truth. But being hurt would obviously affect distance. Both and the missed extra point and the field go at the end of regulation had plenty of distance he just hooked them. He let us down in a huge game. I just think he needs to be replaced eventually. 

Nonsense.  See NCF below.  He added weight ,worked hard in the off season. and easily won the kicking competition.  I actually think last night were his first misses of the season after being injured no less.  This is a pretty ill informed and silly take.  A healthy Rigo is the last of our problems.  

9 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Nonsense.  See NCF below.  He added weight ,worked hard in the off season. and easily won the kicking competition.  I actually think last night were his first misses of the season after being injured no less.  This is a pretty ill informed and silly take.  A healthy Rigo is the last of our problems.  

So he added weight that automatically means he can hit from over 50 now?? Think there is a bit more to kicking than weight nice try though

39 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

So we should expect flare ups in the future?  Yes I can be prepared for that, hire another kicker.  Unless this was the first time in Blankenship's medical history, then this was not something that should've caught the Colts off guard.  That being the case, hire another kicker because you're basically (and to restate it once more) walking into a game with your pants around your ankles hoping for the best.

His frame is fragile, I bet he has strained himself trying to beef up...plus he isn't very clutch... when he misses it always seems to matter.

Archived