Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brett Hundley elevated and officially the backup QB, Ibraheim Campbell (S) elevated as well

holeymoley99

Campbell will be backing up Sendejo  with Willis out and Carrie on I.R. (Odum wont see the field except in emergency)

Hundley has been named the backup officially and seems going forward from Reich's press conference. Sounds like when Sam comes back Jacob may be a roster casualty https://sports.yahoo.com/why-brett-hundley-backup-qb-174432369.html

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Odum can play safety. 

It's interesting. Depth is supposed to be our strength right? Not many stars, but stacked depth. That's the colts right?

Well, if that is the case, why are we so afraid to let our backups play? Is it because the depth really isn't that good? 

16 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

have faith east. 

Non practicing Catholic here... lol.

Believe in God, not man's narrative of God. But I do have Faith!

Northview is just not my type of Church. Nothing against them, just never understood the mega church theater/concert environment.

22 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

One of us are gonna wind up playing at QB before Eason from the sounds of it. 

I'm 34, never been injured, can run the Ball like Lamar Jackson, and can throw accurate 10 yards or less (although beyond that it could get scary). Does that qualify me to start for the Colts? haha 

2 hours ago, AustinnKaine said:

Odum can play safety. 

It's interesting. Depth is supposed to be our strength right? Not many stars, but stacked depth. That's the colts right?

Well, if that is the case, why are we so afraid to let our backups play? Is it because the depth really isn't that good? 

Well in Odum's case he is elite special team's player one of the best in the league. When he played Safety not so much so in 2018 and 2019 so was fazed completely out in 2020, we have several of these types actually.  Dulin is very good not Odum level but good S.T. player but is not a good WR at all, same with Glasgow at linebacker. Most club's special teamers can play in a pinch and holder their own, our's not so much so.

13 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Well in Odum's case he is elite special team's player one of the best in the league. When he played Safety not so much so in 2018 and 2019 so was fazed completely out in 2020, we have several of these types actually.  Dulin is very good not Odum level but good S.T. player but is not a good WR at all, same with Glasgow at linebacker. Most club's special teamers can play in a pinch and holder their own, our's not so much so.

Odum is one of the main reasons we beat KC in 2019. He had two huge plays in that game.

38 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Non practicing Catholic here... lol.

Believe in God, not man's narrative of God. But I do have Faith!

Northview is just not my type of Church. Nothing against them, just never understood the mega church theater/concert environment.

relax. i was joking. 

4 hours ago, indyagent17 said:

I just keep hearing in my head not more than 10 days ago Reich said he had full confidence in Eason

I’m sure it’s been posted but Colts had Sam Ehlinger as the preferred back up before his injury, and now that he is practicing will probably jump both of them. 

7 hours ago, AustinnKaine said:

I take back all the mean things I said about you Phillip Rivers. Even the noodle arm thread. I take it all back. 

It takes brains to play QB, Rivers was just smart. Yeah he had a few bad seasons too but give that guy any kind of run game and couple of Lineman that can block, he will produce.

3 hours ago, Moe said:

I’m sure it’s been posted but Colts had Sam Ehlinger as the preferred back up before his injury, and now that he is practicing will probably jump both of them. 

I believe this is false.   Eason was ahead of Ehlinger thru most of training camp.   Eason was the starting QB in two of the three pre-season games.  

I’m not sure how you determined Ehlinger was in front when hurt?  Can you explain? 

Thnx. 

2 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

He didn't have to make the throws.   Also,  Pagano didn't call plays

he was the head coach that allowed the worst play in nfl history to be called. so to be honest, i associate paganos face with a lot of dumb calls. 

14 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

he was the head coach that allowed the worst play in nfl history to be called. so to be honest, i associate paganos face with a lot of dumb calls. 

Chuck was an average coach, wasn't great but wasn't bad. Like most of the coaches we have had in reality. I like Reich better than Chuck because at least Reich gambles and goes for it. Dungy was the best coach we have ever had but even he wasn't in a Tier like the BB's, Lomabardi's, Walsh, Knoll, Landry, Gibbs, Shula, Jimmy Johnson, Parcells. I put Dungy in the Tier of the of a Cowher - different style than Cowher but roughly the same success. Dungy and Andy Reid are pretty equal as well.

4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I believe this is false.   Eason was ahead of Ehlinger thru most of training camp.   Eason was the starting QB in two of the three pre-season games.  

I’m not sure how you determined Ehlinger was in front when hurt?  Can you explain? 

Thnx. 

Stephen Holder said Monday on The Ride with JMV he new for a fact Sam before injury had won back up spot.

3 minutes ago, Moe said:

Stephen Holder said Monday on The Ride with JMV he new for a fact Sam before injury had won back up spot.

Thanks….     Appreciate you sharing.   I don’t recall reading that from Holder before, but I easily could’ve missed it.  

Appreciate the 411.

Wish we knew what happened to cause the Colts to no longer trust Eason. I don’t expect them to come out and tell us forthright, but a little transparency would be nice. Let’s just hope that Wentz stays healthy/good enough that we don’t have to see any of these other guys on the field.

I think the real tell here is that it seems one glaring trait Eason doesn't have when compared to Wentz, Hundley, and Ellingher is mobility. In this offense I always thought mobility was an essential key and why I never understood why Chad K. Was ousted so quick. In any event, it is also why I thought Trubisky was potentially a good fit here in the off-season. Nothing against Wentz, he's cool if he can stay healthy but I just thought Tubisky was a better, less costly option. In any event, Eason was never an option personally for me since he was drafted. The league is changing and the statuesque type of QB, unless extremely elite. Just isn't the fad these days

Archived