Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

GM Shuffle/Lombardi on the Colts

Moosejawcolt

Talking Wentz, "He makes dumb plays"- proceeds to complain about Reich's play calling and offensive line, doesn't give solid examples of "dumb plays", just that ya know, he got hurt.. But he used to like Wentz, but now he doesn't.

This sounded like a frustrated fan throwing feelings at the wall. Not overly thought out.

11 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Talking Wentz, "He makes dumb plays"- proceeds to complain about Reich's play calling and offensive line, doesn't give solid examples of "dumb plays", just that ya know, he got hurt.. But he used to like Wentz, but now he doesn't.

This sounded like a frustrated fan throwing feelings at the wall. Not overly thought out.

Dumb plays?

More like dumb assessment.

4 hours ago, The Fish said:

Sooo... you liked it?

Giving you a hard time Fish. 

I've watched the rise and fall, wash, rinse, repeat of so many organizations over the last 50+ years, and i am still watching us try to rise again.

It has been a long time since we have won with a really good team.

Since Peyton!

Win or lose, i am satisfied with the vision for the Colts!

We have good people, and i wish them all the luck. 

18 minutes ago, dew5150 said:

I'd rather listen to what Chris Ballard says over the guy who drafted Jonny Manziel

I am a member over at Football's Future. When he drafted JM, I said the kid was going to fail....I got roasted. Not one person agreed with me, and a lot of them piled on. When I brought it up 2 years later.....

crickets. 

3 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

I am a member over at Football's Future. When he drafted JM, I said the kid was going to fail....I got roasted. Not one person agreed with me, and a lot of them piled on. When I brought it up 2 years later.....

crickets. 

And what was your prediction for Brissett in Indy?

3 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

How is that relevant?  

Well, he shared his prediction about JM, and shared he reminded the folks later that roasted him. And he got crickets.

Just wondering what his prediction was about JB... 

Just curious. Why is a JM draft relevant, while a big contract to JB is not? Lot's of GMs take shots at QBs in the draft and miss. Lots of GMs don't give big second contracts to QBs who are mediocre to bad.

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Well, he shared his prediction about JM, and shared he reminded the folks later that roasted him. And he got crickets.

Just wondering what his prediction was about JB... 

Just curious. Why is a JM draft relevant, while a big contract to JB is not? Lot's of GMs take shots at QBs in the draft and miss. Lots of GMs don't give big second contracts to QBs who are mediocre to bad.

Giving a middling contract to JB isn't the same as using a first round pick on a guy that played 14 games in his career.  He wasn't good in any of them.   So the contract and the draft pick

19 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

And what was your prediction for Brissett in Indy?

He won't respond probably. I don't think I've ever seen him post something negative about a Colts player or anything Colts-related for that matter. Not saying positivity is bad, but 100% of any one side of something is biased and takes a hit to your credibility on a forum IMO. 

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

Giving a middling contract to JB isn't the same as using a first round pick on a guy that played 14 games in his career.  He wasn't good in any of them.   So the contract and the draft pick

The JM pick was stupid IMO, but like I said, a lot of GMs reach on QBs all the time and fail.

An early extension and giving 15M/year to a bad QB, a year ahead of FA was worse IMO, because we had tape on him (2017), and the outcome was very predictable to many.

And point is (to my original reply), a lot of folks thought the JM was stupid when it happened. There were plenty of folks who were critical. Pointing out crickets for an Amazing Kreskin prediction isn't much of an accomplishment. And sunshine pumping Brissett all year when limitations were on full display early and all year.... Then moving on and paying another QB 25M (now paying 40+M for QBs)..... well.... crickets.

10 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

Also, while we are talking about Brisset. He really didn't look bad in the snaps I watched of Miami this last weekend. Announcers were even saying jacoby was doing all he could. Waddle looked good too. 

Not horrible, but bad IMO.

Sub 40 QBR, no TDs and an INT.

Not saying Tua is better. Never liked his chances. 

5 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Not horrible, but bad IMO.

Sub 40 QBR, no TDs and an INT.

Not saying Tua is better. Never liked his chances. 

I don't think the int was really on him if I recall. I'd have to go watch again. 

It's at approximately 3:09

I would say it is his fault, he probably should have thrown the ball harder and not floated it. however, it really didn't look like he just randomly threw a bad ball, or had bad mechanics. I think the air he put under the ball was a bit much. 

20 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

He won't respond probably. I don't think I've ever seen him post something negative about a Colts player or anything Colts-related for that matter. Not saying positivity is bad, but 100% of any one side of something is biased and takes a hit to your credibility on a forum IMO. 

Yup. 

I'm fine with pure sunshine. Just not blind sunshine that argues against the obvious.

2 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

I don't think the int was really on him if I recall. I'd have to go watch again. 

It was bad... (below)

Miami is in a bad position. Tua isn't good, but they don't want to give up yet. They know exactly what they get with JB, and they want more. IMO, they could win as many, maybe more, with JB and a conservative game manager game plan like the Colts had in 2019. 

12 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

It's at approximately 3:09

I would say it is his fault, he probably should have thrown the ball harder and not floated it. however, it really didn't look like he just randomly threw a bad ball, or had bad mechanics. I think the air he put under the ball was a bit much. 

You beat me lol..

It was bad. Stared the guy down, and threw a floating duck into what looked like triple coverage. DB saw it coming the whole way.

9 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

You beat me lol..

It was bad. Stared the guy down, and threw a floating duck into what looked like triple coverage. DB saw it coming the whole way.

I been saying for a while I think Jacoby can have Kirk Cousins like success. 

13 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

It was bad... (below)

Miami is in a bad position. Tua isn't good, but they don't want to give up yet. They know exactly what they get with JB, and they want more. IMO, they could win as many, maybe more, with JB and a conservative game manager game plan like the Colts had in 2019. 

Miami deserves any bad what comes to them. They seen first hand the inabilities from Tua and were in prime position to replace him with a Top Prospect....and then didn't. 

1 minute ago, AustinnKaine said:

Sorry man... Cousins has flaws, but he's way better than JB. 

JB struggles in way too many fundamental areas. Struggles with vision and progression, has zero anticipation and touch, and can't read Ds.

I've always thought his best shot at success is an Arians type O where he's allowed to throw to a spot, more than a pass catcher.

3 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

I disagree with this. At his best, Cousins is a top 10 QB. Brissett has never been better than average in spurts. Also, Cousins is trending up while Brissett is at the lowest point in his career right now just trying to beat out Tua to start again. He might be able to have Teddy Bridgewater or Sam Darnold success though.

3 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Miami deserves any bad what comes to them. They seen first hand the inabilities from Tua and were in prime position to replace him with a Top Prospect....and then didn't. 

They simply should have never took Tua. Picked the wrong guy that draft. Said it at the time, Herbert was the guy. 

They had the capital last season to get any QB not named Lawrence IMO. They have a lot of capital next year IIRC.

41 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I disagree with this. At his best, Cousins is a top 10 QB. Brissett has never been better than average in spurts. Also, Cousins is trending up while Brissett is at the lowest point in his career right now just trying to beat out Tua to start again. He might be able to have Teddy Bridgewater or Sam Darnold success though.

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

They simply should have never took Tua. Picked the wrong guy that draft. Said it at the time, Herbert was the guy. 

They had the capital last season to get any QB not named Lawrence IMO. They have a lot of capital next year IIRC.

As of now, and yes, it's early..... There don't appear to be any qbs worth a top 10 pick coming out this year.

5 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

QBR this year so far...

1. Tyrod Taylor

2. Teddy Bridgewater

6. Sam Darnold

7. Jalen Hurts

9. Daniel Jones

10. Jameis Winston

giphy.gif

What does this mean? The only guys there that I am a fan of are Teddy and Darnold. I am sure that Brady is somewhere there. Cousins probably too.Who are at 3, 4, 5, and 8?

Archived