Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rams @ Colts, Sept. 19, 2021, 1:00pm ET (12 Noon CT)

NFLfan

Just now, CobraKai344 said:

I have no idea honestly. Me isn’t we have a chance if that guy from VIrgina tech?  I’ll say his better than the guy we cut we signed from the chargers who was awful 

With what pick? The draft didn't fall great for us in terms of drafting a tackle in terms of value, and reaching for one isn't the smart play in the long run and we probably pulled in the best FA option, despite the injury.

1 minute ago, SchlicterSZN said:

The "character" of this team is a joke.  I don't expect to hear much talk about the locker room culture and amazing nonsense anymore.

I agree.  That is just sound bite stuff by Ballard that is designed to play well in Indy market. 

Unfortunately, certain media types bought it without any critical thought otherwise.

Just now, SteelCityColt said:

With what pick? The draft didn't fall great for us in terms of drafting a tackle in terms of value, and reaching for one isn't the smart play in the long run and we probably pulled in the best FA option, despite the injury.

I think it was Darrisaw?  It’s been awhile since the draft.  I do like Paye who we drafted and one can only hope Fisher works out after that injury.  

Just now, OffensivelyPC said:

That play wasnt a bootleg. He planted his back foot and then leonard was in his face. 

I'll have to watch it again, but that looked like what they wanted

and leaving help in on that side would have changed the block assignments

Radio called it out too, although my radio and TV are not synched.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• If it's a "four round draft" as they say, then I wouldn't mind doing the opposite of what we did last year.  Instead of turning 7 picks into 12, let's turn 7 picks into 4.  Trade lower round picks to move up, and get the highest quality we are able to.  Less quantity; greater quality.
    • I applaud the effort to took to lay this out.  And you've addressed the positional needs.  Z-receiver, FS, backup QB, IDL, and IOL.   My biggest question is if Quinyon Mitchell sufficiently rates as a "rare air" player at #15.  If all the impact players are gone by then, then I get it.  And maybe your model assumes that they are.  Or, in taking Moody, you remove the need to draft that position.  But I still can't help wanting more out of the #15 pick.
    • It ws 1.7% drop rate, which is still amazing. We took Josh Downs last year who only had a 2% drop rate for his draft.
    • Correction...............had Gilmore wanted to stay. 
    • Here is mine, but I will only give you my 1st round draft pick. I have to study the draft more to give you 7 picks. Some of you guys are out of my league and I even follow College Football quite a bit.    1. Franchise Tag Pittman - he will be happy making that kind of money over 1 year.   2. Re-sign Moore to a good 3 yr deal.   3. Re-sign Stewart to a good 3 yr deal. He can finish his career here.   4. Re-sign Sanchez to a good 3 yr deal   5. Re-sign Blackmon to a good 3 yr deal.   6. Re-sign Ronnie Harrison to a good 2 yr deal.   7. - I have decided to let Minshew walk, I hate it, but it is time to put all our marbles in AR's bag. Either AR is the real deal, or he isn't. He has had 1 year to play a little and then sit a lot at the same time. He has had 1 year to learn from Minshew and get a feel for Shane. He is now 100% heathy, I want it to be his team, no QB controversy + Minshew is going to want around 10 Mill a year after last season. Too much money. He was only making 3.5 Mill last season.   8. Moss walks as well, Taylor is the man, we just need someone average that can spell him from time to time and carry it maybe 8-10 times a game. In Shane's system, he can make an average RB look good at times.    9. Pinter walks - he is going to want more money.   10. Tyquan Lewis walks, that extra 2 Mill could help into signing a big Free Agent. Tough loss here but I want Mike Evans. I am just saving a little money here and there where I can.   11. Let McKenzie walk.   12. Release Ogletree.   13. Sign Mike Evans to a big 3 yr deal! He is 30 years and that is my cut off point to signing anyone to a big deal but he is a healthy 30. Played in every game last season and dominated. He has at least 2 great years left in him. When we tried this with Andre Johnson, Johnson was 34 and washed. This would be much different, + Evans is younger in that type of scenario.    14. I like your Tyrod Taylor idea, every team needs a back-up QB that is at least average as a whole. He would be cheap. He could win a game or 2 if AR missed 2 games. Maybe sign him to 1 yr, for 5 Mill. That is about what he was making in NY.    15. Draft Brock Bowers at #15! The TE that AR needs.   16. Draft the best CB on the board that is left with our 2nd round pick and gamble with it and hope he pans out. I can't say who that player will be because we won't know until draft night. 
  • Members

• Reboot

Reboot 42

• Hark

Hark 901

• Solid84

Solid84 5,697

• w87r

w87r 12,589

Moderators
    • holeymoley99

holeymoley99 2,588