Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

TY Hilton Injury (Merge)

CR91

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, holeymoley99 said:

They wont leave sam exposed, someone would scoop him up (Arizona, KC, Denver all weaker at 3 then Sam by quite a bit). They will cut Hundley who will make it through and go to P.S., he will be called up as 3rd QB for first 3 games until Sam is back. If Hundley is claimed which is doubtful they will bring in Nick Mullens,Devlin Hodges,Deshon Kizer for a cup of coffee

IDK.  Somehow I don’t envision a number of teams in a rush to put a short sixth round injured QB on their 53 man roster.  

4 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

IDK.  Somehow I don’t envision a number of teams in a rush to put a short sixth round injured QB on their 53 man roster.  

So you think KC is happy with Sam's college backup as their 3 ? Arizona with a CFL QB / Denver with Brett Rypien ? I dont think so either.   

The injury is minor not season ending not even 8 games, teams are looking to upgrade back end of rosters not looking for Pro Bowlers and at QB looking for those with potential. Sam showed that in our camp, other teams took notice.

11 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

So you think KC is happy with Sam's college backup as their 3 ? Arizona with a CFL QB / Denver with Brett Rypien ? I dont think so either.   

The injury is minor not season ending not even 8 games, teams are looking to upgrade back end of rosters not looking for Pro Bowlers and at QB looking for those with potential. Sam showed that in our camp, other teams took notice.

They aren’t going to pick him up off waivers to have him sit on the 53 injured. Or take up a spot. 

1 minute ago, holeymoley99 said:

TBH he really didn’t show much in camp.  With the exception of a broken play here and there to help him out a little he was not impressive.  What I saw is a QB who panics at the first sign of pressure who can’t see over DL and can not make all of the throws .  Not to mention he is slow when he runs.  He is fine with the short stuff but that’s it.   He is barely a PS project.  He was not a threat to Eason.  Not even close. Our old PS QB Walker is better than Sam.  Sorry that’s how I see him.

1 hour ago, holeymoley99 said:

They wont leave sam exposed, someone would scoop him up (Arizona, KC, Denver all weaker at 3 then Sam by quite a bit). They will cut Hundley who will make it through and go to P.S., he will be called up as 3rd QB for first 3 games until Sam is back. If Hundley is claimed which is doubtful they will bring in Nick Mullens,Devlin Hodges,Deshon Kizer for a cup of coffee

half the teams keep only 2QBs... 

the half that keeps 3 are typically doing it because their 1 and 2 are bad, or there are injury issues.... or they're locked into a bad contract.....

truly doubt anyone is coming to grab up Sam only to put him on their 53, bump one of their guys, and then likely place him on IR lol.

6 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Your distain for SE is almost comical. He's a Ballard guy and much to your chagrin....will remain a Colt.

It’s just the sad reality of the situation. He probably would of made the roster if not injured.

I think they have to waive him with a injury designation so there are some rules to that. I think they would have to wait so long to bring him back. It happened with Marcus Johnson last season.

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

half the teams keep only 2QBs... 

the half that keeps 3 are typically doing it because their 1 and 2 are bad, or there are injury issues.... or they're locked into a bad contract.....

truly doubt anyone is coming to grab up Sam only to put him on their 53, bump one of their guys, and then likely place him on IR lol.

Most teams last season kept 3 (28 of 32 in fact) and a majority had a 4th stashed on p.s., there arent 28 bad qb situations. Due to covid it only heightens value of keeping multiple QB's because it can be needed in an instant and you dont want Kendall Hinton a rookie WR starting at QB (Do you Denver)...

Our coaching staff thought enough of him to have him running with the 1's at times, thats isnt common with rookie QB's who get cut and i trust our staff more than a minority of fans no offense

3 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Most teams last season kept 3 (28 of 32 in fact) and a majority had a 4th stashed on p.s., there arent 28 bad qb situations. Due to covid it only heightens value of keeping multiple QB's because it can be needed in an instant and you dont want Kendall Hinton a rookie WR starting at QB (Do you Denver)...

Our coaching staff thought enough of him to have him running with the 1's at times, thats isnt common with rookie QB's who get cut and i trust our staff more than a minority of fans no offense

The difference here is he can be that 3rd QB  on the PS. Nobody is going to claim him or try and poach him once he is healthy. Can’t have a 3rd QB with a injury taking up a 53 with all the injuries we have.

2 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

The difference here is he can be that 3rd QB  on the PS. Nobody is going to claim him or try and poach him once he is healthy. Can’t have a 3rd QB with a injury taking up a 53 with all the injuries we have.

I dont think you get how the p.s works this season or last honestly. You can bring up as many players as you want not the previous 3 designated making easy for the 4th qb to be brouht up on game day which would be Huntly as stated before. Under the old rules a club was more restricted by its a whole new game. 16 players on p.s now too not 10.....that is huge. The numbers have been crunched even with our injuries we are fine.

6 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

I dont think you get how the p.s works this season or last honestly. You can bring up as many players as you want not the previous 3 designated making easy for the 4th qb to be brouht up on game day which would be Huntly as stated before. Under the old rules a club was more restricted by its a whole new game. 16 players on p.s now too not 10.....that is huge. The numbers have been crunched even with our injuries we are fine.

This is why he is probably PS bound. I just don’t know the rules rules when waiving someone injured.

1 minute ago, Wentzszn said:

This is why he is probably PS bound. I just don’t know the rules rules when waiving someone injured.

Waived injured means the team is releasing the player but the player is injured. The team is responsible to pay the player until his injury has healed. Other teams are allowed to pick up the player that was Waived Injured, but they are doing so knowing that the player is inured and not able to play.

Looks like it is time to trade for Denver’s WR Courtland Sutton and offer up one or both RB Marlon Mack / Rock Ya-Sin.  

Doubt we could get Sutton for a 5-6th Rounder.  Realize last season he was injured but he’s young still and would be  a longer term replacement for Hilton.

6 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Waived injured means the team is releasing the player but the player is injured. The team is responsible to pay the player until his injury has healed. Other teams are allowed to pick up the player that was Waived Injured, but they are doing so knowing that the player is inured and not able to play.

Yes I know that. I think they have to wait so long to re sign them. I also am not sure they can cut him Tuesday and sign him right to the  PS if he clears waivers because he is injured. So he might very well make the 53 before going on IR.

1 minute ago, Wentzszn said:

Yes I know that. I think they have to wait so long to re sign them. I also am not sure they can cut him Tuesday and sign him right to the  PS if he clears waivers because he is injured.

if you waive/injure a guy, he goes to waivers, if he clears waivers, he reverts to your IR. 

you can injury settle depending on the assumed injury duration (weeks).

1 minute ago, AustexColt said:

This whole injury seems either bad luck or strategic to keep more of our WR depth on the roster. TY gave an alive on the field interview in the Lions game. So this all happened on the flight back? Neck disc injury is a serious injury, ala Peyton Manning. 

Reich said on the flight there he had discomfort.

Just now, EastStreet said:

if you waive/injure a guy, he goes to waivers, if he clears waivers, he reverts to your IR. 

you can injury settle depending on the assumed injury duration (weeks).

Aww your right. How did I miss that. Does that make his season done or can he come back. This happened with Marcus Johnson last season and I thought there was some time limit and when they could re sign him.

2 minutes ago, AustexColt said:

This whole injury seems either bad luck or strategic to keep more of our WR depth on the roster. TY gave an alive on the field interview in the Lions game. So this all happened on the flight back? Neck disc injury is a serious injury, ala Peyton Manning. 

maybe leonard was doing this to TY's seat back

never_hog_airplane_middle_seat_VkwnP_03.

Just now, Wentzszn said:

Aww your right. How did I miss that. Does that make his season done or can he come back. This happened with Marcus Johnson last season and I thought there was some time limit and when they could re sign him.

if you injury settle, the player can play anywhere as soon as he's better.

if he reverts to your IR, you can leave him on season ending IR and pay him, or IR with return designation

8 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

if you injury settle, the player can play anywhere as soon as he's better.

if he reverts to your IR, you can leave him on season ending IR and pay him, or IR with return designation

And again no cap on number of players you can IR return any longer.

17 minutes ago, OhioColt said:

Looks like it is time to trade for Denver’s WR Courtland Sutton and offer up one or both RB Marlon Mack / Rock Ya-Sin.  

Doubt we could get Sutton for a 5-6th Rounder.  Realize last season he was injured but he’s young still and would be  a longer term replacement for Hilton.

I would love that but Denver isn’t trading Sutton. Wasn’t he a 1st rounder couple years ago and has produced.

2 hours ago, EastStreet said:

disc inflammation can be short term, or linger forever. 

i have a buddy who is very active (as in plays softball, b-ball, racquetball), but at least once a year has a few bad days or week due to disc issues. totally one off type stuff. he'll dive for shots on the court and be perfectly fine. then one day he wakes up and can't sit up... stuck in bed for a day or two. docs say surgery "might" help.

That's my issue.

Two discs in my neck went out on me in 2006 and flared up from time to time, while I was in the Marine Corps. I went to Iraq for all of 2007 with no issues and got out in early 2008. It seems like every year since, I'll deal with a couple flare-ups and anything can set it off - like simply getting out of a damn car. 

2 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

Gut feeling says he's done for the season.

Hopefully not but we are stacked at WR spot with talent just not experience. We have to have him on original 53 list if we plan to bring him back so my guess is they opt to do that first and then put him on ir and a wait and see game...its probably too early to say unless something really really bad shows up

TY isn’t the player he once was, but I felt he was definitely the most reliable third down target we had (he had 13 stick moving catches on 3rd down last year). 

This is a significant loss, and the early reports do not give me a good feeling about his future. Hope I’m wrong, you gotta love the Ghost!

22 minutes ago, Fat Clemenza said:

TY isn’t the player he once was, but I felt he was definitely the most reliable third down target we had (he had 13 stick moving catches on 3rd down last year). 

This is a significant loss, and the early reports do not give me a good feeling about his future. Hope I’m wrong, you gotta love the Ghost!

Zach Pascal was also very reliable last year and I think he continues that this year.  He had a good TC and I think he’ll be one of Wentz go to guys.

I wish TY the best and hope he has no long term issues.

Our young receivers excite me and developing them is the priority.

We don't have anyone with the get off the line foot quickness of Tyler Vaughns. If i was desperate for 3-4 yards on 3rd or 4th down, a QB would be wise to check his matchup 1st. 

Archived