Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL GamePass deal for out of market Colts fans

BProland85

3 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I mean on Sundays, I end watching Redzone for all remaining games when Colts arent playing. I can't wait and watch later, to OCD. 

And I agree DTV suckkks, I am looking forward to another company (Amazon?) buying the rights in a couple years. Then I do not have to deal with them. Also the only time I deal with DTV is ST, otherwise I do not have to as I do not have them as my cable provider (actually dont have a provider) so I truly only pay the 120/130 for the entire year and I am done. I dont have to worry about the other stuff. Like I said gamepass for me doesn't work just cuz I need to see the games live to actually watch them

I have all(Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, Disney+, ESPN+, Amazon, Pluto, Tubi) and still watch Direct 

Here in the country cutting the cord doesn’t work 

The last time we  used an antenna we got one channel from TH and none from EVV

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

So basically the waiting 3 hours thing is the dealbreaker for some.

I get that.  For me , 1pm, 4pm,8pm, whatever.... i make it fit MY life.  For me, that hasbeen great.  Especially early in the football season, i’m trying to get my properties ready for winter, so i recorded on sunday ticket and watched later many times anyway.   I wait seven days for the game.... 3 hours dont affect me that much.

2 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

How u do the 120/130?

Ya, for me the not watching live has always been an issue. Plus I dont do stuff on weekends (Sunday) except football anyway. So I dont have to really plan around. I just watch the games all day

And the 120/130 is I cant remember which price is correct, but that is the Student pricing for ST. I have some friends who I am able to use their ID, but if not a student, I am also able to do it for 200$ since I cannot actually get DirectTv anyway

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I have all(Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, Disney+, ESPN+, Amazon, Pluto, Tubi) and still watch Direct 

Here in the country cutting the cord doesn’t work 

The last time we  used an antenna we got one channel from TH and none from EVV

I got access to Netflix, HBOMax, Hulu, Disney+, ESPN+, Prime, and then MLB.tv. And I do not have that issue since I live in suburbs in St Louis. I have an antenna thing that I got from Amazon. 

1 minute ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Ya, for me the not watching live has always been an issue. Plus I dont do stuff on weekends (Sunday) except football anyway. So I dont have to really plan around. I just watch the games all day

And the 120/130 is I cant remember which price is correct, but that is the Student pricing for ST. I have some friends who I am able to use their ID, but if not a student, I am also able to do it for 200$ since I cannot actually get DirectTv anyway

For me Football is life

As of this weekend 

CFL will be watched at least once on Thursday Friday or Saturday    
      HS football will watched/listened to on Fridays/Saturdays

NCAA games on Thursday, Friday, Saturday     
     NFL on Sunday afternoons when they start

Yeah, I'm not a cable person since if I want to watch a show I use a streaming service. For my football needs I either, go to a bar and watch a game, watch a game on mobile devices through either NFL mobile or Yahoo Sports (free), and then I have Game Pass to re-watch games, or to watch if I missed it. I also have Siruis XM to listen if need be.

2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

For me Football is life

As of this weekend 

CFL will be watched at least once on Thursday Friday or Saturday    
      HS football will watched/listened to on Fridays/Saturdays

NCAA games on Thursday, Friday, Saturday     
     NFL on Sunday afternoons when they start

I will during day watch whatever I can, night certain games (Cubs, big CFB, or any NFL) as you know from MLB thread I love going to my games when and wherever I can

13 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I got access to Netflix, HBOMax, Hulu, Disney+, ESPN+, Prime, and then MLB.tv. And I do not have that issue since I live in suburbs in St Louis. I have an antenna thing that I got from Amazon. 

Am I reading this correctly?

I can watch weekly Colts games on Disney+ which I have?     Can you help here? 

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Am I reading this correctly?

I can watch weekly Colts games on Disney+ which I have?     Can you help here? 

haha, PT and I got a bit off course, we were stating what items we have. The only way you can watch the colts (if not national or on your local tv), is through Sunday ticket if you want to see live, or gamepass if you watch later. In the future, the package may move to Prime or ESPN+ but as of now no. If you know a student, friend, kid, grandkid, you can use them to get Sunday Ticket for 120/130 for the full season

1 minute ago, CamMo said:

I’m a new STH, would really appreciate anyone who can walk me through how to activate game pass. :woah:

PM me, it is surprisingly easy

Just now, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I will during day watch whatever I can, night certain games (Cubs, big CFB, or any NFL) as you know from MLB thread I love going to my games when and wherever I can

I have the Extra Innings pack for baseball the Regional Sports Pack(Don’t get me started on Marquee) for HS and College Sports from around the country, the sports pack for NBATv, CBSSN, etc for WNBA games as well as WNBA League Pass

3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I have the Extra Innings pack for baseball the Regional Sports Pack(Don’t get me started on Marquee) for HS and College Sports from around the country, the sports pack for NBATv, CBSSN, etc for WNBA games as well as WNBA League Pass

I have just the MLB.tv since I am not in Cubs market, so that is helpful. For Pacers, I use my BiL login to his cable to watch since somehow I am in Pacer territory still. NHL ESPN+ works, remaining I just watch what I can

2 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Ya I do not have that issue, since in City, and also apartment makes it easier

It also doesn’t help having Gibson Generation Station just to the west and Toyota Motor Manufacturing Indiana due South

This is why I also tape movies almost every night and own quite a few complete TV series and more than a hundred movies

For out of market fans, as folks mentioned the only way to watch live Colts games is through Directv's NFL Sunday ticket. 

Another option for folks with internet outside of the US is the NFL international game pass (which is better than the US game pass) and shows live games.

4 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

My undergrad and grad days are over....

I am a student of life now.....

does that count?

22 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

Disney+?  I have disney+ and wasnt aware of games.  Can anyone confirm this?

I’m sorry….  We both apparently got excited for no reason.   If you scroll back up, our hooe has been shot down.   No can do.  

We’re outta luck.   

Sorry,  didn’t mean to get anyone’s hopes up.  

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

I’m sorry….  We both apparently got excited for no reason.   If you scroll back up, our hooe has been shot down.   No can do.  

We’re outta luck.   

Sorry,  didn’t mean to get anyone’s hopes up.  

No prob.  I was pretty sure it wasn't the case.

8 hours ago, BProland85 said:

Does anyone know of a cheaper way to get NFL Game Pass, rather than spending the $100 for it?

Consider yourself lucky you aren't having to pay UK prices for NFL Gamepass, we have to pay around £150 for it, which equates to about $205 at the moment.

2 hours ago, richard pallo said:

I believe the NFL offers a discount for veterans for Game Pass and the NFL Ticket.  I think it's something like 25 or 30%. 

They traditionally have, and I have been getting it for a couple years that way. However the discount hasn't appeared yet this season,and I am not sure if it is going to be offered this year. 

I've bought gamepass for like 15 years straight. And it Cost me 300$ for a season in Denmark. I made an account via VPN so im now German but it saves me 100$ per season. And I dont need VPN to login and watch.

Hope someone can use this information.

14 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

If you are a student or have a student, you will just go to the NFL Sunday Ticket and check eligibility for students. It is 120/130 a year. If no student you can still get it, but it is like 200$ for the basic, no redzone version. The gamepass can be added on for 50$. The other is to be a STH for the Colts and you get gamepass for free:default_20smile:

Do you need a dish to get this?

12 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

Thats odd.  I will sometimes watch a game 3 or 4 times to hone in on OL blocking or something specific.  U cant get much from watching once.  Not on any meaningful level.

Heck, last weekend i re-watched the ‘95 “let er rip” playoff run.

Or out of the blue, i’ll throw in the fabled comeback at Tampa Bay.

And why would u have to know the score?  Its just what i currently enjoy.

There's something romantic about listening via radio.  Its just an entirely different experience.

Like the feeling listening to a HS game while working in the garage.  Just kinda cool sometimes.

Same here.  I'll go back and rewatch a condensed game to view specific players.  After the Wentz trade, I went and watched the condensed games from his 2017 season with the Eagles.  I skipped through the parts where the Eagles were on defense and focused on Wentz, so I was able to see all his plays in about 20 minutes per game.

I'll probably watch many condensed games this season to watch all teams and especially the new young QBs.  I also follow the Bears closely, so will watch full recorded broadcast game of all Colts and Bears games on game pass (no commercials and no halftime break).

The one negative is not seeing the full television broadcast live, but I do enjoy listening to the radio broadcast while simultaneously watching the game cast on either NFL.com or ESPN.com. So, I'm not missing too much. Very much worth $99 for me since I'm out of market for both Colts and Bears, and enjoy watching other games where I only have to invest ~40 minutes to watch a condensed game.

1 hour ago, MikeCurtis said:

I live in Texas, and cut the cord 2 years ago

I would like to get Colts live, but dont want to buy the direct TV package, and dont really want to do the VPN in another county route that others have used

Is there another option?

Check out Sterling TV.  It’s a pay iPTV service, but you can get it by the month.   

9 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

My undergrad and grad days are over....

I am a student of life now.....

does that count?

9 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

Disney+?  I have disney+ and wasnt aware of games.  Can anyone confirm this?

Sadly nope, you cannot, to both questions haha. There has been some rumbling the last year that once DTV rights are up that either Amazon or ESPN will pick it up. If ESPN does it would be somewhere included in ESPN+ Bundle, and for Amazon it would be prime, with a probable purchase package to a degree, which I say wouldnt be bad

1 hour ago, MikeCurtis said:

Do you need a dish to get this?

As WentzSZN said, you do not, just your daughter's information, her school Birthday, and name, and if you are anything like my dad, you are gonna have to ask her, her birthday :lol:. The one downside, compared to MLB.tv, is that you cannot watch games on multiple screens at same time. IE on phone and then TV. You can, if you use a computer watch up to 4 games at a time, and can always attach your laptop to the tv

2 hours ago, Robin said:

I've bought gamepass for like 15 years straight. And it Cost me 300$ for a season in Denmark. I made an account via VPN so im now German but it saves me 100$ per season. And I dont need VPN to login and watch.

Hope someone can use this information.

FYI - International Game pass is $73 in Brazil

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

As already discussed I live in the market and am a ST devotee

I worked all day and have only just signed on, I will look at the previous posts, ty.

2 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Did you try it again. Make sure zip code and everything is right? Maybe you could find a phone number or email and send them a message.

Thank you :)

Archived