Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mac Jones looked good

chad72

What's more infuriating to me is that everyone agrees that preseason games are meaningless, but if the Patriots win one, the local media here still calls it "a big win" (which I heard that on the news the other day) and that the Patriots are destined to go 19-0 for as far as the calendar allows it.

EDIT: The article referenced here mentions "The Patriots Way". I'm off to go vomit out the entire contents of my stomach, be back soon.

It's preseason. They drafted a QB who was 5th in line in the first round in Mac Jones. Eason was the 5th in line (in the 4th round). 

Cam is washed up and they've got a guy who's as big of a question mark as Eason ultimately. 

I'll get my NE voodoo doll out later, I'm not worried about it right now.

On 8/21/2021 at 7:21 PM, buffalo34 said:

What's more infuriating to me is that everyone agrees that preseason games are meaningless, but if the Patriots win one, the local media here still calls it "a big win" (which I heard that on the news the other day) and that the Patriots are destined to go 19-0 for as far as the calendar allows it.

EDIT: The article referenced here mentions "The Patriots Way". I'm off to go vomit out the entire contents of my stomach, be back soon.

What news outlets, exactly, are you following? 

I read/watch everything I have time for and have seen nothing that's even close to what you described. They beat the Eagles' 2nd and 3rd stringers 35-0, so if you heard the phrase "big win" I would assume that it was in reference to the score. Most of the media outlet predictions I've seen in our area have them finishing anywhere between 9-7 and 11-5. They have the potential to be a playoff team but nowhere have I seen lofty predictions like you described. 

Patriots fans are excited about Jones' potential and most aren't fans of Newton, so if people are getting pumped up about the rookie I think that's only natural. 

On 8/21/2021 at 2:07 PM, landrus13 said:

I'm not sure Mac Jones starts Week 1 but I wouldn't be surprised. He's probably the starter no later than Week 5 if not Week 1. 

I agree unless the team is winning most of their games.  If the Pats beat the Dolphins in week 1, Cam will start the following week against the Jets.  At 2-0 they will start Cam again hosting the Saints.  I think, win or lose against the Saints that they will start Cam the following week when they host the Buccaneers. 

1 hour ago, Myles said:

I agree unless the team is winning most of their games.  If the Pats beat the Dolphins in week 1, Cam will start the following week against the Jets.  At 2-0 they will start Cam again hosting the Saints.  I think, win or lose against the Saints that they will start Cam the following week when they host the Buccaneers. 

Cam is the biggest roadblock for Jones

20 hours ago, GoPats said:

What news outlets, exactly, are you following? 

I read/watch everything I have time for and have seen nothing that's even close to what you described. They beat the Eagles' 2nd and 3rd stringers 35-0, so if you heard the phrase "big win" I would assume that it was in reference to the score. Most of the media outlet predictions I've seen in our area have them finishing anywhere between 9-7 and 11-5. They have the potential to be a playoff team but nowhere have I seen lofty predictions like you described. 

Patriots fans are excited about Jones' potential and most aren't fans of Newton, so if people are getting pumped up about the rookie I think that's only natural. 

My bad on those records, I meant anywhere from 9 wins to 11 wins (records listed yesterday would be for a 16-game season, not 17... this is going to take some getting used to). 

50 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Unseating Cam will be a difficult task for most QB's, let alone a rookie.

But Belichek having 2 viable players at the most important position in sports makes Belichek and the Pat's that much better. 

Them and chiefs will probably Dominate the AFC this year. :yuk:

Nah but I do have them making the playoffs. They will be good. Pre-season is almost over, there a few games tomorrow and on Sunday. Barring no major injuries to any of the teams that play over the weekend, here are my AFC playoff teams:

AFC

1. Chiefs 14-3 (AFC West Champs)

2. Bills 12-5 (AFC East Champs)

3. Ravens 11-6 (AFC North Champs) Ravens win tie breaker over Colts for #3 because of head to head win. Ravens win tiebreaker over Browns to win the division IMO.

4. Colts 11-6 (AFC South Champs) Colts win tiebreaker over Titans for #4, they will split but Colts will win the tiebreaker in some area - off the wall prediction. Both teams will go 5-1 in the division. ---  Assuming Wentz and Nelson are 100% healthy.

WildCards

5. Patriots 11-6 - I have them at 5th. - They play the Titans and Browns both at New England. Tiebreaker goes to the Pats for #5. Pats beat both.

6. Titans 11-6 - I have them 6th, I think they will have a better conference record than the Browns. Browns will lose at least 2 division games IMO. Ravens and Steelers both will be tough to sweep.

7. Browns 11-6

There is always a team or 2 in each conference that makes the playoffs after missing them the year before. Pats will get in IMO. Steelers won't get in.

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Nah but I do have them making the playoffs. They will be good. Pre-season is almost over, there a few games tomorrow and on Sunday. Barring no major injuries to any of the teams that play over the weekend, here are my AFC playoff teams:

AFC

1. Chiefs 14-3 (AFC West Champs)

2. Bills 12-5 (AFC East Champs),

3. Ravens 11-6 (AFC North Champs) Ravens win tie breaker over Colts for #3 because of head to head win.

4. Colts 11-6 (AFC South Champs) Colts win tiebreaker over Titans for #4, they will split but Colts will win the tiebreaker in some area - off the wall prediction. Both teams will go 5-1 in the division.

WildCards

5. Patriots 11-6 - I have them at 5th. - They play the Titans and Browns both at New England. Tiebreaker goes to the Pats for #5. Pats beat both.

6. Titans 11-6 - I have them 6th, I think they will have a better conference record than the Browns. Browns will lose at least 2 division games IMO. Ravens and Steelers both will be tough to sweep.

7. Browns 11-6

There always a team or 2 in each conference that makes the playoffs after missing them the year before. Pats will get in IMO. Steelers won't get in.

I haven't got around yet on prognosticating the upcoming season....but I should soon I guess. Lol

However, I do think the Pat's will unseat the Bill's from their 1 year of being the east champs. And Kraft & Belichek have higher goals than just a division title. 

On 8/26/2021 at 4:26 PM, Myles said:

Looks like the Pat's have a good chance of starting 3-0, beating dolphins, jets, and saints.

6 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Looks like the Pat's have a good chance of starting 3-0, beating dolphins, jets, and saints.

I think the Bills start 4-0. Their 1st 4 games:

1. Steelers at Bills, won't be easy but it is at Buff

2. Bills at Dolphins, Bills are just the better team

3. Washington at Bills, Bills all day

4. Texans at Bills

Week 5 = Bills at Chiefs, Bills will probably lose that one.

On 8/23/2021 at 11:52 AM, jvan1973 said:

7-9 last year. 

Ya with the 32nd ranked QB, and per many sites the 30th or 31st team ranked by talent.. yet they still went 7-9 gave Buffalo a hard fought game that was lost by their 32nd ranked QB fumble at the 2, and stayed with KC with Brian “don’t we have 1 more time out” Hoyer as QB.  Now the talent is considered middle of the pack (18th) and we have a QB that was considered the most NFL ready of the first round QB to start. (Highest floor lowest ceiling ) So imagine what BB can do now.  (Insert evil dark Sith Lord laugh) lol

Can will start and the Pats will be 3-1 going into week 5.  BUT Cam will suck 3 out of 4 weeks and be replaced for week 5. I predict this because the Pats open up against the 5,6, and 8th ranked D in the first 4 weeks. The difference is the Pats D I Think will be nasty good and win 3 and actually keep TB to 17 but lose. 

14 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

Ya with the 32nd ranked QB, and per many sites the 30th or 31st team ranked by talent.. yet they still went 7-9 gave Buffalo a hard fought game that was lost by their 32nd ranked QB fumble at the 2, and stayed with KC with Brian “don’t we have 1 more time out” Hoyer as QB.  Now the talent is considered middle of the pack (18th) and we have a QB that was considered the most NFL ready of the first round QB to start. (Highest floor lowest ceiling ) So imagine what BB can do now.  (Insert evil dark Sith Lord laugh) lol

Revenge Of The Sith Evil Laugh GIF by Star Wars

10 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

Can will start and the Pats will be 3-1 going into week 5.  BUT Cam will suck 3 out of 4 weeks and be replaced for week 5. I predict this because the Pats open up against the 5,6, and 8th ranked D in the first 4 weeks. The difference is the Pats D I Think will be nasty good and win 3 and actually keep TB to 17 but lose. 

Pats will make make the playoffs, I don't have them winning the division but IMO it's 55% Bills/45% Pats - it's close. The Bills vs Pats games will be critical much like ours vs the Titans.

On 8/28/2021 at 10:44 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Pats will make make the playoffs, I don't have them winning the division but IMO it's 55% Bills/45% Pats - it's close. The Bills vs Pats games will be critical much like ours vs the Titans.

I think the Pats go at least 10-7 this year and make it as a wild card. They play the NFC East for crying out loud, like the Bills who I expect to go 13-4 or 12-5, and the Pats' D will feast on inferior QB play in the NFC East, IMO. Still like their chances vs the Dolphins and Jets to come out with 3 wins there.

12 hours ago, chad72 said:

I think the Pats go at least 10-7 this year and make it as a wild card. They play the NFC East for crying out loud, like the Bills who I expect to go 13-4 or 12-5, and the Pats' D will feast on inferior QB play in the NFC East, IMO. Still like their chances vs the Dolphins and Jets to come out with 3 wins there.

I have Pats going 11-6

On 8/21/2021 at 7:21 PM, buffalo34 said:

Yeah, literally ZERO percent of the local media says this.  You’ve got to be kidding me with this boldface lie.  Tell me ONE media member in New England who says such things.

On 8/29/2021 at 4:47 PM, chad72 said:

10 wins won't be enough with 17 games. I don't see the Patriots being better than the Bills or Dolphins. This is another rebuilding year for them. They get 9 wins.

Archived