Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mac Jones looked good

chad72

28 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Woah. Wonder how much him being anti vax caused  him to be cut.

caused

Knowing Bill B., it wouldn't surprise me if that was a major factor. The rookie was at least as good as him in preseason (best rookie preseason since Mahomes). The rookie outplayed Cam in camp (according to the Pats beat) so the only surprise here is that Cam was straight up CUT.

As a FA, he'd better go get that VAX now, his career is on the line.

21 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

Knowing Bill B., it wouldn't surprise me if that was a major factor. The rookie was at least as good as him in preseason (best rookie preseason since Mahomes). The rookie outplayed Cam in camp (according to the Pats beat) so the only surprise here is that Cam was straight up CUT.

He has mountains of money.   I'm guessing he will be ok either way

Just now, jvan1973 said:

He has mountains of money.   I'm guessing he will be ok either way

For sure. It's a truth many of these guys have to face. Money doesn't mean too much though. It doesn't last forever, and we've seen how it can go away quickly.

28 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

Actually BB did him a favor to test the market by cutting him, to be honest. The interest in him in the offseason was minimal anyways. BB and his coaches put Cam Newton through the ringer with all those QB rushes last year (some of it was Cam too), IMO, and it was not sustainable long term.

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Actually BB did him a favor to test the market by cutting him, to be honest. The interest in him in the offseason was minimal anyways. BB and his coaches put Cam Newton through the ringer with all those QB rushes last year (some of it was Cam too), IMO, and it was not sustainable long term.

True. Cam gets a say in where he lands.

1 hour ago, King Colt said:

NE is now being compared to the best of the best in the AFC. 

A little too early yet I think, but Mac fits their style of play much better. The AFC East now has an intriguing lineup of young QBs: Allen, Jones, Tagovailoa, and Wilson. Gonna be fun to watch them. 

23 hours ago, RollerColt said:

A little too early yet I think, but Mac fits their style of play much better. The AFC East now has an intriguing lineup of young QBs: Allen, Jones, Tagovailoa, and Wilson. Gonna be fun to watch them. 

I'm just relaying what the media and I mean all the media is saying in response to the dumping of Newton and handing over the job to Jones. Sports Illustrated Magazine Vol.132 has both tied at 11-6 and that was with Cam Newton. But even before the announcement what was being said about them was they are definitely in the run with Buffalo. So it is obvious they are talking the team not just the QB. The QB job just added fuel to the fire meaning Hoody feels Jones is better to get it done.

Mac Jones got dumped on a lot during draft season, because people thought the Niners moved up for him (that's what all the signals where, and the Niners played it well). 

Along the way, he was collectively dismissed, but Mac Jones is a really good prospect, and he had a nice preseason. The Pats didn't name him the starter by default, he won that job. I'm thinking he'll have a better rookie year than expected.

1 hour ago, Superman said:

Mac Jones got dumped on a lot during draft season, because people thought the Niners moved up for him (that's what all the signals where, and the Niners played it well). 

Along the way, he was collectively dismissed, but Mac Jones is a really good prospect, and he had a nice preseason. The Pats didn't name him the starter by default, he won that job. I'm thinking he'll have a better rookie year than expected.

He landed in the perfect spot. He looks a lot like Brady. I still wouldn’t of wanted him because I wanted  a more dynamic QB. 

On 8/28/2021 at 12:16 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think the Bills start 4-0. Their 1st 4 games:

1. Steelers at Bills, won't be easy but it is at Buff

2. Bills at Dolphins, Bills are just the better team

3. Washington at Bills, Bills all day

4. Texans at Bills

Week 5 = Bills at Chiefs, Bills will probably lose that one.

Steelers I see a win..

Dolphins they may lose its in Miami and the Phins have a good D and I can see a phin win.

Washington — I am calling it now HUGE UPSET as the Redskins D harasses Allen all day and the Team wins 24-10. Allen sacked 6 times.

Texans— Alabama could beat them they are so disorganized right now. 

so the Bills could be 3-1 or 2-2 IMO

On 9/9/2021 at 2:14 PM, The Fish said:

This dude works for Bob KRAFT as in KRAFT MAC and cheese? This dude is going to be slinging Kraft Mac and Cheese with some "Satisfy your Mac Jones" type pun if he can play at all.

That's my prediction. 

This is probably the best prediction I'll ever have here..

Seriously. 

3 hours ago, The Fish said:

This is probably the best prediction I'll ever have here..

Seriously. 

I believe Kraft made his fortune owning the Gillette Razor blade company.    I believe that's why the Pats stadium is Gillette Stadium.     If I'm wrong,  I'm sure someone will come along and correct me.

34 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I believe Kraft made his fortune owning the Gillette Razor blade company.    I believe that's why the Pats stadium is Gillette Stadium.     If I'm wrong,  I'm sure someone will come along and correct me.

You're wrong. He owned some investment firm. Pretty sure mostly realty.

28 minutes ago, life long said:

You're wrong. He owned some investment firm. Pretty sure mostly realty.

You’re correct.   His primary source of wealth is business and finance.   Thanks for the correction. 

I thought I remember decades ago there was a commercial where Kraft says he was so impressed with the product, he bought the company.   I must be confusing him with someone else.   

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

You’re correct.   His primary source of wealth is business and finance.   Thanks for the correction. 

I thought I remember decades ago there was a commercial where Kraft says he was so impressed with the product, he bought the company.   I must be confusing him with someone else.   

I only know because in my younger years I figured he must own kraft foods. Obviously a quick Google search made me feel foolish for such an assumption. 

Archived