Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nelson out with same injury as Wentz

John Waylon

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, #12. said:

No Nelson or Castonzo.  I guess we'll see how good Taylor is.  That's probably the only way you compete in the short term, by Taylor showing himself to be elite regardless.

Plus Kelly is hurt and the Colts like to run behind Kelly and Nelson.  

I am not going to judge Taylor too harshly if he struggles out of the gate.  Teams will be sitting on him to start with and his three best blockers are hurt or retired.  Guys can only do so much by themselves.

I'm a big Chris Reed fan in fact I was all for moving Q to LT and him and Reed would havce formed a formidable combo. I honestly believe he stars at RG next season and we let Glow chase a bigger contract. He has gotten significantly better every season and is a better Guard than Holden,Tevi,Davenport are Tackle and by quite a bit.  No one is Q......Q is a man among boys but Reed started 14 games last season with a high grade for a reason.

29 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Plus Kelly is hurt and the Colts like to run behind Kelly and Nelson.  

I am not going to judge Taylor too harshly if he struggles out of the gate.  Teams will be sitting on him to start with and his three best blockers are hurt or retired.  Guys can only do so much by themselves.

Kelly should be back at practice for the panthers practices. If not the following week.

32 minutes ago, #12. said:

Wentz had it since high school, Nelson since birth.

One thing is for sure, Colts medical screenings are top notch.  

People really should listen to Will Carroll’s interview with JMV yesterday.  He went over a lot of things people are talking about/asking about.

In this case he was talking about Wentz (didn’t know about Nelson yet) and he said the medical staff probably did know about the injury but he said any doctor would go well it hasn’t bothered him this long it probably won’t bother him.   Unfortunately the Colts got unlucky.

Its called practicing medicine for a reason.  No doctor is full proof and doctors can’t see the future in every situation.  All they can do is look at the information they have and give you their best opinion on what they think you should do based on their past experiences and past treatments.  It’s not full proof as we clearly saw here.

1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

People really should listen to Will Carroll’s interview with JMV yesterday.  He went over a lot of things people are talking about/asking about.

In this case he was talking about Wentz (didn’t know about Nelson yet) and he said the medical staff probably did know about the injury but he said any doctor would go well it hasn’t bothered him this long it probably won’t bother him.   Unfortunately the Colts got unlucky.

Its called practicing medicine for a reason.  No doctor is full proof and doctors can’t see the future in every situation.  All they can do is look at the information they have and give you their best opinion on what they think you should do based on their past experiences and past treatments.  It’s not full proof as we clearly saw here.

Fool proof.

1 hour ago, coming on strong said:

Any word on how Nelson surgery went yesterday ?  If it’s like wentz with no other damage discovered we can have him back week 1

He made an instagram post talking about being ready for week 1, and some other 300-style motivation, my guess is he beat the surgery up.

Archived