Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nelson out with same injury as Wentz

John Waylon

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was hoping this was a joke.    This is huge.   The whole team will suffer.   I wasn't as worried about the LT spot with Nelson in there, but now the left side of the line will be trouble.  Eason will have issues.   I imagine the RB's will lose yards.   

Of course I will still watch and root for the Colts, but as adubb84 said, my excitement is dwindling a bit.  

4 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

If Reich gets this team through those first five games with a winning record he deserved coach of the year.

Lol if we can make it to the season. It's been what a week of camp. All pro LB banged up. starting QB. Best OLiman in the game. Starting LT won't even see till October. Head Coach already spent some time away . Everything's going great haha I'll be waiting for Campbell's annual in the coming weeks..

How did we not qualify for HardKnocks?!

11 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

So who will be the backup now? Would Pinter be able to handle LG for a game or two? 

One thing I can say positively about this season is that for once I’m excited to watch the preseason games

Chris Reid will probably be Nelson’s replacement. Pinter will play center until Kelly comes back. Hopefully that is next week.

6 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Unlike Wentz I’ll be surprised if Nelson misses more than 1 game.

Reich said it all depends on how the tissue heals.

I saw a rumor Wentz isn’t expected to be out long at all. We will see.

11 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

If Nelson is out for the Rams game, it’s going to be not good. Donald will murder Eason. 

He might murder Wentz even.

2 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Chris Reid will probably be Nelson’s replacement. Pinter will play center until Kelly comes back. Hopefully that is next week.

Ok, gotcha. I really don’t care too much who has to fill in until we get to preseason....by the time preseason rolls around I’m crossing my fingers that it’s just Nelson, Fisher and Wentz missing. Love to see Pinter play guard in preseason

30 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

We might have to make another run after going 1 and 5 like in 2018.  I do not see us beating any of those 5 playoff teams with a backup QB and no Nelson . We can’t even ground and pound now . 

and a back up LT.  Will be tough on that QB and most likely limit the effectiveness of the run game.

59 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

I'm pretty much a colts fan, more than an NFL fan.... So at least I have IU and ND football to look forward to.  The colts can't catch a break.  I don't know what it is, but there's something about this team that's just freaking exhausting.  I'm feeling worn out by my dang team....lol.  I'm just probably gonna check out and check the sports radio or interwebs for updates now and then...... Too much other stuff to do when the juice won't be worth the squeeze in all likelihood this year.

Guess I have to cheer even louder then.. I ill be watching 4500 miles away on my gamepass 15 years in a row. As long as they wear the horseshoe  ill be chearing... GO Colts!

The Football Gods are out for blood this year.  Anyone have some chickens they can sacrifice?

At this point the key is gonna be not falling too far behind the Titans on the sched through the first five or six games.  So basically not being worse than .500 ball but hopefully a bit better than that.  If they can pull that off things might be fine, 17 games is a long season and they should still be able to secure a good playoff spot.

What this probably means is no chance of a high seed.  Which does suck.  But it's not insurmountable.

46 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

This is getting strange.

We are developing so many injuries we are going back further and further in time with the origin stories of those injuries... Oh yeah... you know, Wentz probably had that injury from his high school days... and Q... Q was born with it... and you know the next injury we get tomorrow for player X... it will probably be something his grandparents were suceptible to... then next week we will be getting injuries based on remnant fish DNA from post Cambrian explosion. 

edit:

I'm sorry, I'm getting so annoyed... :flaming:

15 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Let’s all take a deep breath. None of these are close to season ending. Very possible both could play week one

Didn’t you just post on another thread that we were “screwed” and the season was “over”?

Archived