Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Garafolo: Zach Ertz would've 'loved' to have teamed up with Wentz in Indy

philba101

4 minutes ago, Superman said:

Still haven't heard it out of Ertz's mouth... I thought it was gonna happen, though.

I didn’t. I didn’t see Ballard giving up more draft picks. I think is the Eagles cut him, then yeah. But a trade isn’t happening 

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

I didn’t. I didn’t see Ballard giving up more draft picks. I think is the Eagles cut him, then yeah. But a trade isn’t happening 

Yeah, I never thought we'd give up much for him, and I would have expected a contract renegotiation. But I assumed he would be one of their cap casualties, and that we would make a move for him. Just one more thing I was wrong about.

I think you are right. The biggest factor with every team when it comes to bringing on Ertz is his salary. If the Eagles cut him then the salary disappears and teams can negotiate on their own terms. Anyone who actually trades for Ertz now would have to take the huge salary cap hit. It seems from the latest comments by Ertz (assuming he actually said that to Garafolo), that the Colts would be the favored destination if he has a choice. The real question is, do the Colts still have an interest in him?

1 hour ago, philba101 said:

Anyone who actually trades for Ertz now would have to take the huge salary cap hit.

I may be mistaken, but the most I believe a trading team would have to take on is 8M ISH

The Eagles get hit with 4 no matter what happens to Ertz

I STILL think Ertz isnt going to be an Eagle

They can hold him  till cuts to see if a team gets an injury at the spot and will do a trade

They STILL need to sign the other TE.... and have little cap space

I don't think the Colts have much to trade for him.   

If the Eagles and Texans are still taking about a trade for Watson, Ertz could be included in that.   

I would like to see him as a Colt but not as much as some people.   He really only had 1 huge year.  Outside of 2018 he's pretty much a 75 catch 4 TD guy.   

The Eagles came out the other day and said they expect Ertz to be in their 53-man roster.

And Ertz showed up in camp said to be very happy.   Hey, he’s going to get his $8.6m.   You’d be happy too. 

I think the Ertz story may not be fully dead, but I think it barely has a pulse. 

Archived