Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Stafford traded to the Rams

ColtJax

22 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Agreed Rams are going all in and im betting it won't pay off

So, for those who are counting, the Rams have no 1st rounder in 2021 (traded to Jax), no 1st rounder in 2022, and no 1st rounder in 2023.  There is no future in Los Angeles; only the present.

Didn't Houston try this over the last two years?  Trading all of their picks for players, in a full-on bid to shortcut their way to a championship?  How did that work out?

If you follow how trades involving draft picks work , you can make the following case. The 2022 first rounder is like a 2nd and the 2023 first rounder is  worth less than a 2nd. Plus you would have to assume the Rams will finish well the next couple of years , so this e picks will probably be at # 25 or worse. So in actual value , considering the Rams had no 2021 first rounder to put in the deal , what is the real compensation here. Maybe something like 2 seconds and a third ? Plus the 2021 3rd is pick # 27 in that round. Add to that the value of Goff with that contract can't be worth much more than a middle round pick , this package is not nearly as large as it first appears. Probably comparable to the Colts 2021 first and their 2021 second .. maybe a touch more.

39 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Rams hate 1st rounders 

THIS IS HUGE FOR COLTS!!!

A QB should drop now for us

LA had to get rid of Goff to make this work. Thus it could be that Detroit only is using Goff as a bridge and still uses it's high 2021 pick for a QB. 

Just now, dw49 said:

LA had to get rid of Goff to make this work. Thus it could be that Detroit only is using Goff as a bridge and still uses it's high 2021 pick for a QB. 

Zero cap hit if Goff is traded any time, zero cap hit if cut after 2022, basically a 2 year rental.

35 minutes ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

So if the Lions got that for Stafford, I imagine that the Texans won't take anything less than 3 first round picks for Deshaun Watson. The new GM in Houston has to be smiling tonight!

Not necessarily. Someone is going to have to want to pay that price. I think Watson might be stuck in Houston tbh

1 hour ago, danlhart87 said:

Rams hate 1st rounders 

THIS IS HUGE FOR COLTS!!!

A QB should drop now for us

I don't think 1 of the top 6 qbs will fall to us because of this trade. We are still behind jags,jets,falcons,panthers,broncos,giants,49ers,Patriots, washington and the bears who could all draft a quarter back.

18 minutes ago, New Zealands #1 Colts Fan said:

I don't think 1 of the top 6 qbs will fall to us because of this trade. We are still behind jags,jets,falcons,panthers,broncos,giants,49ers,Patriots, washington and the bears who could all draft a quarter back.

1 of 6!?!? 

If there's one legit starter (top 15) in this crop that's beating the odds, FWIW. 

2 hours ago, dw49 said:

If you follow how trades involving draft picks work , you can make the following case. The 2022 first rounder is like a 2nd and the 2023 first rounder is  worth less than a 2nd. Plus you would have to assume the Rams will finish well the next couple of years , so this e picks will probably be at # 25 or worse. So in actual value , considering the Rams had no 2021 first rounder to put in the deal , what is the real compensation here. Maybe something like 2 seconds and a third ? Plus the 2021 3rd is pick # 27 in that round. Add to that the value of Goff with that contract can't be worth much more than a middle round pick , this package is not nearly as large as it first appears. Probably comparable to the Colts 2021 first and their 2021 second .. maybe a touch more.

Yes I agree.

I made a similar post somewhere.

What that tells me is maybe the price other teams were will to give wasn't as high as we were told. 

If the Lions could have received a 1st & 2nd or 3rd in '21 I think they probably would have, especially not taking on Geoff's contract..... who knows? And who knows how it will play out. Bottom line is I'm predicting they still will continue being the lions.

Archived