Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Allen fumble

CanuckColtsFan

Say what you want. That fumble goes our way and we might just win that. There's a lot of little things that went the wrong way, missed fgs, finger tips of Pittman,  bad challenges.  My big point is we could have won that. Amazing play by a young team. Future is bright see you next season. 

12 minutes ago, CanuckColtsFan said:

Say what you want. That fumble goes our way and we might just win that. There's a lot of little things that went the wrong way, missed fgs, finger tips of Pittman,  bad challenges.  My big point is we could have won that. Amazing play by a young team. Future is bright see you next season. 

Turay gives them a 1st down, which turns into a TD instead of a FG.  

Heartbreaking loss.  

That was a big penalty.  Overall we did not get a lot of flags today, which was nice to see. Offsides in last drive by Bills in 1st half, and a  few drops hurt. The missed FG hurt given the fact that Bass made a 54 Yd. kick. I do not understand Reich's call to go for it on 4th down or go for the 2 point conversion when the XP would have kept it a  7 point difference.

5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

We are so close. Dropped passes and not scoring TD killed us. But lots of positives. We didn’t get embarrassed.

Played very well.

Rivers just missed Pittman on 2 huge plays and a few drops . Plus Buffalo made some big plus by the skin of their teeth. I'm not sick over this one .. is what it is. I mean it was a pretty tough road we had . At Buffalo and at KC if we won.

5 minutes ago, dw49 said:

Played very well.

Rivers just missed Pittman on 2 huge plays and a few drops . Plus Buffalo made some big plus by the skin of their teeth. I'm not sick over this one .. is what it is. I mean it was a pretty tough road we had . At Buffalo and at KC if we won.

Defense played pretty dang well too.  Really proud of what they did today. No one gave them a chance and there we were at the end. Can’t ask for much more.  Hard to believe we didn’t come up with that fumble. Could of been a TD because that ball was just out there.

7 minutes ago, dw49 said:

Played very well.

Agreed, some of those passes Allen hit were well defended.  I thought the D played well enough to win.  

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Defense played pretty dang well too.  Really proud of what they did today. No one gave them a chance and there we were at the end. Can’t ask for much more.  Hard to believe we didn’t come up with that fumble. Could of been a TD because that ball was just out there.

We boink a FG, they make a 53 yarder.  They recover the fumble and I think all the replays were called correctly (except for Pascals fumble, we got that break).   

It was just their day.  Congratulations Buffalo   

38 minutes ago, CanuckColtsFan said:

I dont know we have a tuff schedule players to sign. Its gonna be harder to be competitive next season. Will AC be back. Rhodes, Houston, Rivers, Leonard, Nelson, and many more are FAs. We got work to do. Ballard has a very very tough offseason a head of him. Maybe harder than losing Luck.

1 minute ago, Smonroe said:

We boink a FG, they make a 53 yarder.  They recover the fumble and I think all the replays were called correctly (except for Pascals fumble, we got that break).   

I think they hot a break on the first out bounds throw before the half. But it was very close. I saw toe on the line and the ball move in his hands before he established in bounds control.

Just now, TimetobringDfence! said:

I think they hot a break on the first out bounds throw before the half. But it was very close. I saw toe on the line and the ball move in his hands before he established in bounds control.

Yeah, if it was called incomplete that probably would have stood too.  But I think it was a catch.  

2 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Agree..  It was closer then expected. But we could realisticly win that game without all the mistakes. But that how it goes.

2 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

I dont know we have a tuff schedule players to sign. Its gonna be harder to be competitive next season. Will AC be back. Rhodes, Houston, Rivers, Leonard, Nelson, and many more are FAs. We got work to do. Ballard has a very very tough offseason a head of him. Maybe harder than losing Luck.

Not quite free agents for Nelson or Leonard.  We may extend them early or put 1 on a franchise tag next off-season. 

I'm not gonna be bitter about all the bad today. I was definitely proud as we hung with what are considered the big dogs in the conference.

Had some brutal breaks go against us tonight. The football gods wanted Buffalo to get some love today. I get it.

How did that guy catch those 2 passes before halftime? I'm still like how the # did he keep his toes in? 

They (refs) also 'let them play' a bit much at times. There were several times our DLine got held hardcore and no calls. TY was also BLATANTLY held on 2 catches I remember off the top of the head.

It is what it is honestly...

1 hour ago, yankeeclipper said:

That was a big penalty.  Overall we did not get a lot of flags today, which was nice to see. Offsides in last drive by Bills in 1st half, and a  few drops hurt. The missed FG hurt given the fact that Bass made a 54 Yd. kick. I do not understand Reich's call to go for it on 4th down or go for the 2 point conversion when the XP would have kept it a  7 point difference.

Not that I agree with it but I have seen nfl analytics people say that if you are down by two tds it’s better percentage wise to go for 2 on the first touchdown.  
idk why though lol

13 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

Not that I agree with it but I have seen nfl analytics people say that if you are down by two tds it’s better percentage wise to go for 2 on the first touchdown.  
idk why though lol

It increases the chances of winning as opposed to going in to over time, and we were at the one yard line due to the penalty, which increases the chances of the conversion. 

22 hours ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

Off-season will be investing.  It have might be long term benefits to sign players long term in a down salary cap year. There's less money available for everyone. 

23 hours ago, coming on strong said:

ty hilton didnt have one catch today i am afraid to say he is done .We need a true number 1 and its not hilton anymore

Personally, I don't think TY was ever a 'true #1' WR.  I like TY a lot, don't get me wrong.  IMO, his 2016 season when he had 91 receptions for 1448 yards is the closest to a #1 WR as he has ever been.  He did lead the NFL in yards that season, but was 10th in receptions.  Otherwise, in his 9 years he has only had 2 other seasons where he had over 80 receptions.

My guess is they'll bring TY back on a 2 -3 year deal with a low base and high in incentives.  They'll ask Pittman to emerge as the #1 and hopefully a healthy Campbell makes TY a #3, role player type.  Who knows, maybe continued emergence from Pascal and D. Harris make TY expendable (though I think Ballard/Reich like him too much in the locker room to let him walk unless another team throws the bank at him, which I doubt).  Still not counting out Patmon to come on strong next year either... and I do think with what we've seen from Pittman, we're pretty good at WR with Pittman, Campbell, Pascal, Harris, Patmon as our top 5 (if we're healthy).  I don't put WR on the top of our offseason list right now, though wouldn't be upset if they addressed it some.

-______________________________

In terms of yesterday's game, a few things that shocked me were several drops by JT.  I really think at least two of them changed the momentum of the game, or at least greatly altered our game plan on the specific drives they happened on.  The Turay penalty was a killer as well.  Personally, I thought the pitch on 3rd and1 at the goal line was worse than the decision to go for it on 4th.  Frank's been aggressive all year, I wasn't expecting him to stop there.  It was a good play call and the ball was thrown about 3 inches too far out of the reach of Pittman.  

23 hours ago, Zoltan said:

idk why though lol

Analytics say there is a 50% chance to convert on a 2 pt try. So if you miss the first you are very iikely to convert the second.

8 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Field goals in the playoffs are like a knife in a gunfight.

We lost by a field goal.. had Turay not jumped off and we held them to a FG at the end of half, we have 1 more point than them at the end of the game.  Had Rigo's FG not hit the upright, it's a tie game.  Had we kicked a FG instead of went for it on 4th and goal, we tie (or win if you couple Rigo's miss).  Coulda, shoulda, woulda.. but every point matters in playoff games and FGs are important points.  Not sure I'm understanding your analogy.

Archived