Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC Playoff Picture Record/Schedule/Discussion *Updated* (Merge)

w87r

Just now, funktacious2 said:

Big oof. This was truly a Rollercoaster of a day. We learn the Colts with be without both starting OTs against a great pass rush team in what is virtually a must win game. But then we are, by the narrowest margins, nearly gifted a freebee by a Dolphins loss but then the Raiders blow it right at the end. Now Miami gets to play a Buffalo team who will possibly rest starters while we need to beat the top team in the AFC and then a division game. Hey, it can be done, but what a rough day.

“Top team in the AFC?”

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It will feel that much better when the Colts win tomorrow. 

We are out our two tackles, but even if we do let up 4-5 sacks, and one INT/FF, we can just as easily force one or two turnovers on Big Ben. 

Hopefully, their new kicker will miss a field goal or two to help us out!

I'm more worried about the run blocking than the pass blocking(just changed my mind), because Rivers gets the ball out of his hand so fast. 

What’s amazing to me is the Colts are a great team with a great record and we are STILL on the verge of 8 seed in the AFC.  AFC has a lot of really good-record teams this year, it would be very disappointing to miss especially with one extra playoff team on each side this year.

18 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Can we stop with all the pie in the sky stuff. It will be a damn miracle if we win tomorrow. There is no guarantees bills will beat the dolphins. They will be hungry while the bills are looking towards the playoffs.

Idk? 

Can you stop with all the sky is falling stuff?

16 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I don’t think I can stomach watching the colts play tomorrow knowing our playoff hopes could be going down the drain.

Then don't watch.... Easy enough.

18 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Can we stop with all the pie in the sky stuff. It will be a damn miracle if we win tomorrow. There is no guarantees bills will beat the dolphins. They will be hungry while the bills are looking towards the playoffs.

I guess time will tell - backup tackles or not, if we can score about 30 points, I don't think  Pittsburgh can hang with us.

11 minutes ago, funktacious2 said:

Big oof. This was truly a Rollercoaster of a day. We learn the Colts with be without both starting OTs against a great pass rush team in what is virtually a must win game. But then we are, by the narrowest margins, nearly gifted a freebee by a Dolphins loss but then the Raiders blow it right at the end. Now Miami gets to play a Buffalo team who will possibly rest starters while we need to beat the top team in the AFC and then a division game. Hey, it can be done, but what a rough day.

Ok this is post 1001 it seems lmao that Buffalo will not rest their starters. A 2 seed guarantees them 2 home games in the playoffs. Playing at home is better even with no crowd because of comfort and no travel. For some reason you and like 3 others say the Bills may rest their starters, they won't with a 2 seed on the line. 

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Ok this is post 1001 it seems lmao that Buffalo will not rest their starters. A 2 seed guarantees them 2 home games in the playoffs. Playing at home is better even with no crowd because of comfort and no travel. For some reason you and like 3 others say the Bills may rest their starters, they won't with a 2 seed on the line. 

Here We Go Eye Roll GIF

Every single time 

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

It will be all Ballard’s fault for not addressing the tackle position if we miss the playoffs. I am sure he will admit that too. It probably cost us two games.

We will see. I was proven right for the titans game. 

you seem so negative week in and week out. win or lose try to keep your head up

4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I am being realistic lol. Sometimes things are just bad and colt fans can’t admit it. If the colts pull this off it will be one of Reichs best coaching jobs. I just don’t think the chances are great.

Every single team has injuries. It sucks but acting blue already won't help your cause.

15 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Every single team has injuries. It sucks but acting blue already won't help your cause.

And Reich hasn’t really proven he can get s team over the hurdle when there are injuries like this. I want to see him pull a game out like this then I can say he is a great coach. Haven’t seen from him yet. The green bay game doesn’t count because it was just smith and packers don’t rush very well. 

4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

And Reich hasn’t really proven he can get s team over the hurdle when there are injuries like this. I want to see him pull a game out like this then I can say he is a great coach. Haven’t seen from him yet. The green bay game doesn’t count because it was just smith and packers don’t rush very well. 

If I remember correctly you gave up on that game at the half. To your credit though most of the forum did too.

Try not to hit the panic button just yet

Everyone needs to chill out.  Miami winning in Buffalo is going to be a tall order for them and no the Bills aren’t going to sit everyone if they are playing for the two seed so they will be playing people next week.  

Also the Colts haven’t lost to the Steelers yet.  Right now the Colts control their own destiny by just winning.  That’s all you can ask for at this time of year.  If the Colts lose tomorrow they still have a couple of paths to playoffs so why don’t we try being positive and not fretting about them missing the playoff until if they do?

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah but at least her shtick is consistent lmao 

Schpiel with a shtick :) but I’m just as leery as @Chloe6124 here. Frank and his coaches don’t have my benefit of doubt till they beat a quality team short handed at a key position like LT. Loss of quality in the trenches is harder to cover than with secondary or skill positions, IMO.

We will see this afternoon.

5 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Schpiel with a shtick :) but I’m just as leery as @Chloe6124 here. Frank and his coaches don’t have my benefit of doubt till they beat a quality team short handed at a key position like LT. Loss of quality in the trenches is harder to cover than with secondary or skill positions, IMO.

We will see this afternoon.

I still like our chances but it won't be easy. We will find out soon.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

How? Rodgers loves that weather. I get Henry can run it a lot but he always does anyway.

He does? Lol well I guess rodgers loves all kinds of weather, doesn't really affect him. But snow store definitely helps and already frieght train. 

But like you said, we haven't caught many breaks this year as far as getting help from other teams. We just gotta win out! But if we lose today.. the snow storm will make me cry :lol:

2 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

He does? Lol well I guess rodgers loves all kinds of weather, doesn't really affect him. But snow store definitely helps and already frieght train. 

But like you said, we haven't caught many breaks this year as far as getting help from other teams. We just gotta win out! But if we lose today.. the snow storm will make me cry :lol:

Have you seen his record in GB when it is 32 degrees or less, yes he loves it. :billiejean:

Archived